Yes I do, my username is da_dank

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, I do.

How old are you? (Optional):

I am 17 years old.

What is your time zone?:

My time zone is MST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

I acknowledge that I will be terminated, if not demoted, if I am inactive, and I believe that it would be a reasonable response.

Describe your activity on the server:

Sun
Mon
Tus
Wen
Thu
Fri
Sat
1-3 Hours
2-5 Hours
2-5 Hours
2-5 Hours
2-5 Hours
1-3 Hours
1-3 Hours

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/dadankk23s-jsl-application.64440/ Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-arts-teacher-application-dadank23.66527/ Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/dadankk23s-english-teacher-application.64703/ Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-romanian.56148/ Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-romanian-resubmission.56328/ Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-hope-im-not-getting-annoying.56364/ Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/ittalian-application.60046/ Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-application.60092/ Denied

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Grade 12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I hopefully will be an English teacher, I plan to primarily talk about creative writing. However I will expand into other areas as well.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I enjoy the writing process a lot, as well as the community of this server. I want to be more involved than I am. Not long ago a friend of mine was a history teacher for a short period of time, and during that time I helped them with their lesson planning. However, not long after I first started to help it became clear that I was enjoying making lessons and assignments far more than they did. Thus, sparked this whole journey. I have since made a character who I feel would be enjoyable for me to play and who would fit in as a teacher.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

Yes, I understand that I will undergo training. I’d expect nothing less.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

Class logs are needed to know the activity of the teacher, making sure they are active on the server, and ensuring they fulfill the responsibilities they have. By logging each class, SLT is able to see the teacher’s activity and allow them to evaluate their performance. Class logs as well aid in how well the teacher was able to teach the lesson.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

No yelling, if you are proving to be a repeated disturbance to the class then you will get a detention slip.
No electronic devices during lectures, if you are seen with a device during class I will give you three warnings before giving a detention slip.
No misbehaving, I expect students to act their age and to behave like the high schoolers they are. This entails no getting out of your seat till requested to, keeping hands to yourself, and the use of appropriate language.
Raise your hand before speaking, I feel as though this should be expected unless stated otherwise.
Bullying is not tolerated under any circumstance. If a student is seen disrespecting and or harming another, it will result in an instant detention.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I’ve played on SRP for 3 years now, and I have spent most of that time slowly getting involved in gangRP and crimeRP. Upon me making my own gang in the past few months. I realized that gangRP has been missing the element of roleplay that other factions have, and for that reason I want to branch out and gain as much experience as I can. I no longer lead this gang, and have since branched even further into other areas of SRP. I have yet to join a faction, and after a long while of looking at what faction would fit my roleplay style and interest I landed on this.
I have played DND for around 4 years. I have always been into playing characters and making stories. As said before I am writing my own novel and I primarily roleplay to help me understand how people would react to the character’s I play, and how I can improve them. Even before I had access to a computer I would roleplay on bedrock the best I could with friends for a number of years, however it was never as organized as SRP. I have also recently gotten into the table top roleplaying game cyberpunk RED which prioritizes roleplay over action.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of department
↳ Description: The top position within the department, they are the highest rank that still teaches classes. The head of the department also teaches Unqualified Teachers.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified teacher
↳ Description: They are teachers that have been teaching longer than the Newly Qualified Teachers. Qualified teachers are, as seen here, the rank before the Head of Department.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified teacher
↳ Description: Newly Qualified Teachers are just as it says, brand new teachers out of training. They are knowledgeable in their subject, but yet aren’t well known nor as experienced as a Qualified teacher.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: These are teachers in training, on average a new teacher is put here. They are to go through training and pass, once they have gone through training they are able to host classes.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers as a whole are a core foundation of society. If it weren’t for teachers, good or bad, we all wouldn’t know most of the things we do today, or at the least we wouldn't have anyone to teach us the basic tools of society. However I think what makes a good teacher is them making a good environment for their students, and for themself. What I think I would excel at when it comes to this is English. Not only is it my strongest subject, but I feel as though I can bring some knowledge on how to write characters and how to write a compelling story in general. Teachers outside of SRP are a complete nicety to expanding our
knowledge.

In character though, teachers primarily focus on making a realistic experience, and when not making a fun interaction or story with other characters. They are responsible for teaching the students the subject in, hopefully, an engaging way. Teachers make a maximum of 500,000 yen monthly salary, however you may not always reach that salary and it will look closer to a 300,000 yen salary. Teachers in SRP are paid more than any other faction, and that is reasonable because they are the foundation of SRP. Without people playing teachers no one has anything to do during school hours and they just muck around, or afk till the end of the school day.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are the foundation to SRP because without them the server wouldn't be a School Role Play server. If there was a lack of teachers there would be no reason to go to school during school hours, thus causing people to log off during school hours or go AFK during those hours. We can see this in action when there are no teachers online during school hours, however when there are teachers online it provides things to do during these school hours. If
there were no teachers on the server the server would simply be gangRP and not SRP, and for that I am glad we have this role. One of the main aspects of SRP that brought me in was the idea of playing any kind of character to do anything, from government to being a student council member, anything can happen because the person you run into on the street might be more influential than you expect. It is this that makes the server great, and thus having this primary branch of the server is so valuable.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The school works on the MoSCoW method to help prioritize your lessons. “Must have” being the first and foremost thing to talk about, what you need to have the bullet points of the lesson. “Should have” is the things that are important to the lesson, but not completely necessary for the lesson. “Could have” are things that you may want to bring up if there is time remaining. “Won’t have” are the things that you simply do not have the time frame to incorporate into the lesson.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Kaito Tanaka is a man standing around 5’11”, with broad shoulders and slender build. He provides a rather calm, and collected appearance. However, beneath his dark brown eyes and slicked back black hair, is a sense of strength and resilience. Wearing his deep gray sweater, and pitch black dress pants with expensive dress shoes. He serves as a reminder of the 1980’s.
Kaito Tanaka, while at most times comes off as harsh when teaching, often cares deeply for his students. He is truly passionate about writing stories, and when a student shares his same passion, he is more than willing to encourage them and help them grow to become better. Though Kaito knows his lack of restraint may cause some students to feel like he is punishing them, or as though he simply doesn’t care. In reality he truly does care for his students, and simply wishes for them to succeed. He has no desire to change his behavior knowing that he’d feel like he’d only be forcing himself to act like someone else rather than himself. If there is one thing that Kaito respects more than anything else in this world, it would be genuinity. Kaito has a deeper respect, and connection to those who are far more genuine with him, than those who simply do whatever makes others happy.
Kaito finds respect in his fellow staff and colleagues, though often he feels distant and removed. He feels as though he doesn’t belong around the other more hyper and cheerful teachers, and finds more connection with those who are much more low energy like him. Even though he feels distant around the more hyperactive teachers, he still makes attempts to connect with them. Kaito values connection to his fellow teachers and school staff, and gives them his full attention when speaking with them. Though sometimes he seems like he isn’t listening, yet he can perfectly summarize everything you have said to him within the past half hour.
Kaito hopes to live a happy life teaching until he physically can’t anymore. Kaito enjoys the idea of bringing his knowledge of writing and story crafting to nearly anyone who will listen. If he were to only do that for a living for the rest of his life, he’d die a happy and complete man. He doesn’t care much about getting married, rich, or famous. Kaito only cares about the people he can inspire through his job as a teacher. His aspirations are to simply educate his students, and watch them grow as writers.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Kaito with a cool, calm, and collected demeanor approaches the delinquent group. He would, with a stern demeanor, and deadpan expression, stare down at the delinquents.
“Excuse me, your use of language is quite inappropriate for a school environment. If I find you speaking in such a manner again I will be giving each of you a detention slip. Where you will be handed a task that will give you a better vocabulary to use…” Kaito would say. His voice soft like velvet, and low and smooth like the bass notes in a Jazz song.
If by chance he finds the group speaking in this manner again, he would not hesitate to make his swift approach. In quick succession he’d pass each of them a detention slip, one by one.
“I’ll be waiting for you all in detention, if you so choose to not show up I will have no choice but to let SLT aware of it…” He’d say, he’d then calmly, though swiftly, continue on his way throughout the school. Keeping as busy as he can throughout the school day, till detention where he ensures that the delinquents receive a language related task or at the least a task apologizing for their actions.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

Kaito, noticing that his words are lacking meaning, would then quiet himself before calmly walking over to his chalkboard. With a vicious screech he’d drag his nails across the board, before writing “Character Dialogue” upon the board. He’d then pass out a notebook to each student.
“Because you all seem to enjoy discussing with yourselves so much, for the remainder of the class you are to write a conversation! It can be any kind of conversation so long as it is in the proper format, meaning everytime there is a character speaking you create a new paragraph! Any writings that are not appropriate will be removed, the remaining will be passed out for the next class to ****yze! Your scores will be done by your peers! I shall not permit any speaking for the rest of class. If I hear any side talk, you will be handed a detention slip! Are there any further questions?” He’d announce.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Kaito often spends his time by himself preparing for his next class, however when he is talking with his coworkers he acts the same as he would normally in class. However, when he is alone working quietly there is a softness in his eyes, a wrinkling in the brow, that conveys a sense of turmoil as though he is remembering something he can’t forget. Though other times there is a sense of wanting when he peers down at the road, a desire to live a life he has left behind. Though now he lives a new one, and often enjoys his current one far more than his past life.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He’d gently set an apple with “good character” written on it in sharpie upon his desk, and look blankly at his students wielding a frying pan in his right hand with a death grip that made his knuckles white with desire... Allowing for some time to pass as he continued to stare at his class, watching seemingly awaiting to see what they all would do. He simply stared at his students observing them.

/me In the blink of an eye he’d swing the frying pan up high above his head before sharply swinging the mental pan down onto the poor innocent apple that laid on his desk… With a loud SPLAT and a BANG, the apple’s juices splattered all over the surrounding area. Like a hydraulic press he viciously and successfully decimated the apple into a fine mush, its juices running down the side of the desk and speckled onto everything in the span of a two foot area. He had won, though at what cost was it all? He stood before his crushed enemy as though he had simply squished a bug. Though soon a sense of dread and guilt began washing over his face, as he began to realize who had to clean this mess up…

/me The sound of his shoes clacking against the dusty, old, hardwood floor echoed throughout the room as he gazed out at his students quietly taking a test, he’d simply look on to them with ears wide open. He patiently waits, stalking the rows of chairs like a cat quietly approaching a mouse. A sense of determination could be felt throughout the room as he stalked the lines of desks. All he was waiting for was the catch of a whisper, the movement of someone’s head, or the slight glint of a cell phone…

/me He’d softly approach the chalkboard, though he walked with a gentle manner, his loafers had other plans and still made a loud claking sound against the worn hardwood floor in his approach. He then gracefully picked up the chalk piece before swiftly writing with long clean strokes and presion that could match a CNC machine letters that simply read “Bob”. He then pressed the chalk down onto the board just below the name, before with focus of a master sculpture drawing a simple silhouette of a stick figure with no face. The silhouette was colored completely in with the white chalk with not a single stroke leaving his outlines. Now with Bob complete he moved three steps to the side to draw, with the same precision and focus that lead up to this point, a cartoonish drawing of the 11/7 gas station. With the drawing done he moved onto writing in perfect Hiragana with deliberate yet swift lines “Konbini” (convenience store).

Backstory

When Kaito was only seven years old he sat beside his mother’s death bed in her final moments. Embraced by his father he watched as she slowly closed her eyes for the last time, and it was this that would later aid in Kaito’s decisions as an adult. When Kaito was ten years old however, he and his father grew closer than ever due to the loss of Kaito’s mother. Kaito’s father, Tarru Tanaka, was heavily involved in the car scene and so gradually Kaito was drawn to this as well. Tarru had bought a Mazda Savanna RX-7 (FC) a few years before Kaito had been born and ever since the day Kaito could pick up a wrench he helped his father build this car. Besides cars Kaito’s childhood was average, going to primary school in Yokohama and living a rather typical life. As a kid he was still rather distant, preferring to work alone rather than in a group.
However, when Kaito had reached the age of sixteen he and his father had built his childhood Mazda RX-7 into a track monster, with semi-slick tires, custom body kit, with a four rotor turbo charged engine, and extra headlights installed for high speed runs on the Wangon. It had a pure white gloss paint job, simple silver rims, stripped interior, completely aftermarket suspension and steering, and an aftermarket exhaust kit with an anti lag system. Although Kaito had spent much of his life working in the pits when his father was racing, he was also a star student. He excelled in his studies as a teenager, and began taking an interest in writing. Often after a long day of working in the pits while his father raced he’d go home and wind down by writing short stories in a small notebook with a leather cover. Kaito loved writing more than his love for cars, and by the time he was seventeen he had written two novels. However he was unable to get them published. Every night, and moment he had to himself was spent either reading or writing, and though his love for cars was strong it was clear that writing was his true passion and what he planned to do for a career.
However a few days after Kaito had turned eighteen, Kaito was helping his father by working in the pit lanes. His father was on a brand new set of tires and was in the lead, and as Kaito’s father was entering the second to last corner before the end of the race the RX-7’s four rotor blew. With smoke billowing out the hood, and underside of the car Kaito's father began to lose control of the vehicle before the driver behind him slammed into the rear of the RX-7 rupturing the fuel cell and sending Kaito’s father into a spin. It was then the white RX-7’s driver’s side slammed into the solid steel barrier along the track. With the car slowly being engulfed in flames Kaito watched as the small C.R.T. monitor presented the accident and soon began hearing the sirens of the ambulance flying past him in the direction of his father. He watched as medical personnel arrived on the scene, but at that point Kaito’s stomach already knew the truth as he began to slowly feel the trickles of tears flow down his face, and his senses begin to fade away. Kaito’s father had died engulfed in the flames of the white RX-7, and it was this that made Kaito quit racing. To this day Kaito can not bring himself to step inside of a car, and feels a sense of anxiety upon seeing someone he knows in the driver seat.
After highschool Kaito left Yokohama for Aoyama, where he would go to Aoyama Gakuin university where he studied art, and english. He also spent much of his time working at a bookstore during this time, before eventually gaining his teaching certification. After gaining his masters in English Kaito moved back to Yokohama where he would begin teaching English to highschoolers. While Kaito did well in Yokohama, he began to feel a need to get out of the tight city streets of the tokyo area. Thus after about four years of living, and working in Yokohama Kaito moved to Karakura with no expectations. He simply wishes for a simple and quiet life where he can inspire the kids he teaches the joys of writing.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Kaito Tanaka
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Kaito
Preferred Name: Kaito, Tanaka-san,

Age (Minimum is 27): 38
Religious Denomination: none in particular
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura