DarkxWalker
Notable
DarkxWalker's Psychiatry Application

IGN (In-Game Name):
DarkxWalker

What is your discord username?
darkx_.#0

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server has definitely lessened over the past month due to me starting to go to college, alongside focusing on my examinations that are due by next week. I can log on everyday, dedicating roughly 1-4 hours on a daily basis on weekdays. I can put much more time on weekdays (Thursdays to Saturdays) as my schedule has much more room for improvisation, with an average playtime of 5-16 hours on those days. If required, I can put more time into the server to show my dedication towards this role.

What is your timezone?:
My timezone is GMT+2, as I reside in Egypt.

List your current and past applications:
I can't provide all of my old applications that date back by a few years, due to my old accounts being banned for reasons that can be mentioned directly in DMs, or because it'd otherwise by a hassle to scroll through tens and hundreds of pages for a couple of them. I can, however, recall some of my applications from the past.
https://schoolrp.net/threads/darkensensei-kpd-application.64679/#post-222167 (DENIED)
Janitor Application (DENIED)
P.E Teacher Application (ACCEPTED)
Spanish Language Application (ACCEPTED)
French Language Application (ACCEPTED)

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I would say I have a fair share of experience in terms of roleplay, having been an active participant in a multitude of servers for the past eight years. This all started back nearly a decade ago, when someone intrigued me in trying out a discord roleplay server. This later on branched out to me trying out SchoolRP some time between 2017 and 2018. I also joined FantasyRP a few days after it's release date, dedicating a lot of time on my end to actively roleplay in it until the server was shut down around late 2022. I have also played in another roleplay server that'll remain unmentioned. On another note, I partook in the teacher/school faculty for multiple months in 2019 until I reached either QTLS/HD in my department at the time.

What is your motivation for applying?
I have been playing SchoolRP for a pretty long time. In those few years of active roleplay, I participated in two different type of roleplays; GangRP, and FacultyRP. I am simply intrigued by the EMS faction on it's own, considering that I have always served a sort of villainy role on a multitude of servers; playing as a bandit on FRP for instance, or being a gang member who inflicted damage on others on SRP. I always wanted to branch out into something new, sort of like a 'hero' role. I'd also like to gain more experience in the emergency faction, so that it allows me to understand the basics and eventually try out other factions with the experience and memories I have already gained, should I get accepted.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

I am applying to be a Psychiatrist.

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
I don't have as much hospital work experience as many of the other applicants do. I am aware of the jest related to working in a hospital, particularly as a psychiatrist because I have always been interested in psychology. Despite the fact that my experience is insignificant in comparison to other applications, I am a quick learner, so if I were given the opportunity to join the EMS faction, I could become familiar with the duties of every position as well as the basics of working in the faction itself. I don't want my lack of experience to invalidate my capabilities as an applicant, nor to be a hindrance as a future EMS worker. I, instead, want this chance to prove my capability as an adept learner and a person who's fast at adapting to the basics of the faction. On another note, disregarding what I have said in question: I do have a simple understanding that hospital workers tend to help their patients, alongside giving them the best possible healthcare whilst under their care in the hospital. I also fully comprehend that hospitals tend to rely on communication, teamwork, experience, so on and so forth. I also have the basic knowledge of what roles exist within the hospital faction ranging from the highest role, a director, to the lowest such as doctors or psychiatrists to start off.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes. I am aware that regardless of my acceptance, I am prone to being demoted at any time and will take it for granted.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I do acknowledge that, and would like to add on by promising to dedicate most of my time into unveiling my potential as a Hospital Worker.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I am fully aware, and will make sure to add all trainings; should I happen to be online/available for them. I also comprehend the chances of being punished for my lack of participation.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I once more acknowledge that I mustn't take anything to OOC, and must keep everything IC-based in all sorts of situations. I already do my best and refrain from taking IC situations into OOC unless a problem has come up.

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

This part of the application will be made as if it was interview-based between Matsuo (the interviewee), and the interviewer, where the responses will fit the character's whole personality alongside their precision.
Character’s Full Name:
A few light knocks would be heard from the opposite side of the door, once given permission to enter, the interviewee would enter the room. He'd stand there, slightly fixing his posture in utter silence before taking a seat. He'd then break the silence soon after, a vibrant smile appearing on his face.

"Hello. My name's Matsuo Martinez Togomi. It's very nice to meet you, What's your name, sir?"

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Matsuo took out his identification card, reading out his gender; a male. Genders were not specified, for obvious reasons. He'd slide it over to the interviewer.
"I am a male, and I go by He/Him pronouns."

Character’s Age (if accepted):
Matsuo maintained his vibrant expression. He quickly pointed at his identification card that stayed on the table, smiling a tad bit.
"I am currently thirty-one years of age. I would say that's a good age for a psychiatrist, right?"

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

He'd take out his various diplomas, clearly having graduated from a multitude of courses- or educational levels. He'd hand them over to the interviewee, chuckling a bit.
"Yes, so, I graduated from high-school. I have a PhD in Psychology, and I also have a masters in Pharmaceutical Medicine. I hope that's good enough."

Character’s Nationality:
Matsuo handed over a particularly neat passport set out for identification. He'd also take out a birth certificate from his case.
"I was born in France, proven by my birth certificate here. I, however, have a Japanese nationality as well due to my residency here for the past couple of years."

Character’s Marital Status:
Matsuo slightly frowned at the question. He'd quickly point at himself, and then at his I.D card. He laughed a tad bit, although it was not as vibrant as before.
"I am currently single, as I am not married nor engaged to anyone yet.

Character’s Religious Denomination:

"I am a Shintoist. I am a practitioner in Shintoism, and often go to the Shrine as a part of my duty."

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Matsuo would raise his right index, and middle fingers alongside his thumb; three, precisely.
"I can speak three languages fluently. French is my first language. I can also speak Japanese most fluently, and I am currently practicing Korean and would say I am fairly proficient in it."

Backstory (100+ Words)

BIRTH:
A lot of stressful and obnoxiously loud steps were heard going back and forth between the reception and the operation room, a lot of bland coloured robes belonging to doctors and nurses as the stressful aura slowly came to an end. A lot of muffled cries came from that same room, and a baby was born on that day. A nurse was holding the baby within her arms, cuddling him with a fairly big blanket. A patient's cries came to an end a few hours after the birth of the child, as the heartbeat monitor was beeping continuously and slowly came to a halt. The nurse, frowning under her mask, handed the child over to his father. Matsuo was born on that day, the same day his mother passed out during the C-section surgery. He was born precisely on the 25th of April, 1992. He was discharged alongside his father who had filled out the paperwork, a misfortunate start for both individuals. LYON, FRANCE: Matsuo spent the first few years of his life, and his childhood in his home city: Lyon. He started going to school by the mere age of four, some time around August 1996. He was often seen as a prodigy from a young age, as he skipped through a couple of years of school. He had shown impressive feats in front of his countless teachers, who instantly encouraged gave in to the idea of moving him up a few grades. He was in the 9th Grade by the time he reached the age of 12. He was fairly more mature than his classmates, and often showed to be a more capable student than those older than him. KYOTO, JAPAN: Matsuo continued his school years until he reached the tenth grade, by the time that occurred, his father had landed a job opportunity outside of the country. This allowed Matsuo and his father, Antonio to do greater things with the potential behind Antonio's new work in the country. Matsuo would quickly graduate the tenth grade in Lyon, before flying over with Antonio to Kyoto, Japan. He had to acclimate to the situation at hand, having to quickly learn the Japanese language which proved to be harder than expected due to the amount of knowledge, and difference in the alphabet that he succumbed to. Matsuo would later on move up in school, albeit more difficult than usual with lower grades than expected. He was no longer a model student, a bit disappointing for him and Antonio though he came to a conclusion that it was due to the very much different climate, and change in the scenery all around him. He'd soon graduate ###### high school, receiving his diploma. OSAKA, JAPAN: Matsuo's graduation finally gave him a chance to decide his future career. He decided to enroll into ###### university, majoring in Psychology and taking a Pharmaceutical Medicine course. This'd obviously take many years for him, and although the path was not carved out for him- He would still manage to move forward with such a difficult course, managing to first get a bachelor's in Psychology, and Pharmaceutical Medicine by the age of twenty. After a few years, he'd get a masters in Psychology and yet again; Pharmaceutical Medicine. He'd quickly drop Pharmaceutical Medicine as a whole after receiving his master's diploma, continuing to work on getting his PhD in psychology. He managed to do it not too long after by the age of twenty-four, finally graduating from university. Matsuo as a person has always been interested in the human mind, and how it functioned. Psychology was just the way for him to do that, his interests had intrigued him and his years of studying had definitely paid out in the end. TOKYO, JAPAN: With the assistance of Matsuo's father, Antonio, Matsuo had been able to move to Tokyo and get his own apartment for a better job opportunity in the country. Tokyo had proven to land many job opportunities for different individuals throughout the years, and Japan was thriving at the time. Matsuo had taken up multiple job offers, got interviewed for them, and proved himself as an adequate and competent individual. He'd soon take on a few jobs then and there; once in a pharmacy with his knowledge. He, however, knew that was not for him. He'd later resign, and applied for a hospital interview whereas he was accepted to be a psychiatrist for the next few years. He'd then take on the role of a supervisor for the psychiatric branch. He'd then resign after a couple of events unfolded, making him want to seek a better job opportunity elsewhere. KARAKURA, JAPAN: Matsuo heard of the renowned Karakura City, having tons of job opportunities due to 'unmentioned' reasons. He took this as an opportunity, as he flew over to the city by the time he reached the age of thirty. He got accommodated, and acclimated with the beautiful city for around a year before applying to become a resident psychiatrist at the Karakura Hospital, and the rest was. .history.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Matsuo's specialty serves as a psychiatrist. Psychiatry, alongside Psychology is something that had always intrigued Matsuo since his younger days. He had dedicated himself so much to the point of spending multiple years self-teaching himself, alongside working impeccably in university to gain a PhD in Psychology. He has always had a desire to help people out, by understanding their point of view in life. He has always wanted to provide them what they needed in terms of medicine, and wanting to understand how their mind worked- their mindset in life, and how he could be of assistance.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
He started working in a pharmacy in Tokyo, Japan's calmer outskirts. He was suitable for that position, but eventually he determined it wasn't for him, and he would depart from that pharmacy. After taking a few months off, he continued searching for a newer job and completed his residency as a psychiatrist at Tokyo Rinkai Hospital. In the years that followed, he would swiftly rise the ranks, when he eventually took over as the supervisor of the psychiatric branch. He'd resign later on, seeking a better job opportunity as he flew over to Karakura city.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Matsuo indeed had work experience. He worked at a Pharmacy in the suburbs of Tokyo city for a year, from the age of twenty five to twenty six. He'd later on resign, as he moved up to Tokyo Rinkai Hospital. He'd gain an impeccable four years of experience there as a resident in psychiatry for a starter, soon rising to be a supervisor of the psychiatrist branch in that hospital. He'd then resign in hopes of seeking for an even better job opportunity, landing in Karakura city and applying to become a resident psychiatrist in the only, infamous hospital there.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Matsuo had originally planned to graduate from college with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, and Pharmaceutical Medicine. He, however, continued furthermore and graduated with a PhD in Psychology, and a Master's in Pharmaceutical Medicine, with a total year coverage of six years in both courses. He did not have much apart from self-teaching himself more about Psychology apart from college, and had kept his knowledge at bay for the last couple of years, having barely forgotten any knowledge that he learned over the years.

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?
A male who had a peculiarly interesting, yet vibrant expression at most times, seeming like a façade; an act. He was seen standing taller than most, standing at an impressive height of 6'1", or 188cm. He weighed at least 186lbs, or 85KG on the scale. He had a fairly slim, yet athletic build hidden under his clothes, gifted with genetics, and broad shoulders that accommodated him and his formal outfits well. He was often seen wearing suits, if any, accustomed by a set of gloves that matched his wear. He had a scar going across his face, precisely from the top right of his forehead down to his right cheekbone. He'd have a small, yet unreadable carving on the side of his collarbone. He had spectacular eyes representing onyx-like gems, beared by his unnatural and unusual dark purple hair.

How does your character act on and off duty?
Matsuo tends to stay professional at all times. He has learned that formality is a virtue at all times in his previous jobs. He remains only casual with close relatives, or close friends. His tendencies of being formal sometimes get the best of him, whereas he gets formal in front of those who are even closest to him on accident. He tends to keep his casual act indoors with his family and friends, and appears professional everywhere and anywhere else whether he was on-duty or off-duty. He, however, tends to change his expression or formality if it stresses out those around him. This is a must-do in his own sort of 'rules and conduct', as he wants to be as stress inducing as possible to those around him. He does not seek for his formality to be a hindrance, and takes up the role of a fatherly figure at times.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Matsuo altogether believes in the quote 'teamwork does the dream work'. He believes that teamwork is an absolute necessity specially when it comes to hospital work. Teamwork serves as an essential, and important integrity between all hospital staff and would otherwise lead to the working force to crumble in barely any time. He, however, is better off working alone. He functions better on his own, as his mind can focus on the task without having to deal with the stress of others depending on him. He can make quick-witted decisions by himself, yet that gets a tad more difficult with others depending on him on those decisions. To conclude, he's better off on his own although he believes teamwork is still essential and likes to partake with others on the job at times.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Matsuo plans to hopefully retire after being a hospital worker for decades on end. His goal is to retire, and reside in Karakura or elsewhere by the time he reaches the age of sixty five to seventy five, whichever age allows him to work till then. He has a tendency to reach for extraordinary goals, hoping to reach the higher ranks within the working force in the hospital within no time. This is obviously a time-consuming process, which is why his futuristic goal is to put as much effort into the psychiatry team; should he be accepted into the force. He hopes to assist others, as that is primarily one of his main tasks. He also hopes to gain a deeper understanding in the human mind, primarily for the citizens of Karakura who often meet with the crime underworld.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Matsuo Martinez Togomi as a whole tends to be perceived as a cheery person, as seen from his vibrant and smiley expressions that he spreads everywhere. He has a particular charm to himself, and his expression that sticks out to the rest of the city, his Barney-hair also sticking out as utterly unusual and yet particularly interesting. He is still seem as formal, which is one part that he also believes does not contrast with his own perception of himself. He is often seen as a formal, yet informal individual at most. He's also perceived as a laid back individual who just observes his surroundings in pure silence, a peculiar predicament for others who seek to approach him at times.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread