Accepted DemonFire256 | English Teacher Application

DemonFire

Level 1
DemonFire256
DemonFire256
Rich

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: DemonFire256

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Yes I have discord, my discord username is DemonFire256#9081 (feel free to dm me for any application-related questions <3).

Do you have a microphone?: Yes, I have a working microphone that I am able to use.

How old are you? (Optional): I am 15 years of age at the moment.

What is your time zone?: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I acknowledge that if I am inactive I will be demoted.

Describe your activity on the server: I trust I am fairly, however, not excessively active on the server. I am active all day on weekends. During the summer on weekdays, I am active every day after 4:30pm - 5:00pm.

Do you have any previous bans?: I have no previous warnings, bans, temporary-bans or punishments of any kind–Nor have I ever been to detention icly.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/demonfire256-spanish-language-application.49617/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/demonfire256-spanish-language-application-ii.50100/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/haruka-sakata-student-council-application.47818/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/haruka-sakata-vietnamese-application.46539/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/tsuinas-japanese-sign-language-application.46157/ [Accepted]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
DemonFire256 - [College][M][Swim] ~ AGE: 20 {MAIN}

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?: I am applying to teach the subject of English.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher is mostly my dedication and kindness. I have always been dedicated to whatever I want to do. When I was a highschool student, there were rarely any classes and all the students were excited if there was simply one Teacher online. The sheer idea of any other student having to experience that maddens me, to an extent. Additionally, I really would like to help students prepare for examinations—some of them don’t know how important they are. On my first examination (highschool examinations), I passed with an A icly. However, during the exam I was stressed and nervous–I didn’t know what I was doing due to never being taught any of the subjects shown on the exam. Honestly, I was lucky I was able to reserve a spot! Once more, I merely wish to help students who may not be interested in school, misbehave, or aren’t doing very well academic-wise. I wish to help all students pass examinations, and I want everyone to have great careers and career choices (icly) on the server. I also want to grow personally, I’m climbing up in rank on the server and I hope to continue this. In doing so, I’ve come to a decision that becoming a Teacher would really help me achieve that goal.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I understand that I am applying for the teacher role of Unqualified Teacher (UT) and if my application is accepted, I may have to undergo teacher training.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are used to show how many classes teachers have hosted. As explained in the teacher application and information format, teachers are paid ¥350,000 for hosting 10 classes within one month. However, there is a ¥50,000 bonus for hosting 5 extra classes. I believe teacher class logs are simply used for/to know and keep track of the payment that teachers receive, because payment is based on the amount of classes hosted. This is a matter of paramount importance because any extra money received by teachers may be interpreted as breaking the or a law(s). This will keep many people safe from not only ic, but also ooc troubles. They also show a brief summary of what was accomplished in said class, and help keep track of the Teacher(s) and Students.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
-No phones and/or electronics: Having a phone ringing and/or playing music while I am teaching a lesson or students are performing an assignment is just disrespectful - this would not happen in my class. Students with any type of phone(s) should have their phones on silent and should not be playing any sorts of music in my classroom. This would be a distraction to a class, as well as a distraction to other students. To keep students on track so that they can learn more, I will restrict the use of not only phones, but also all electronics in my class.

-No yelling or cursing: My goal would be to have my students as role models for the rest of the school, yelling and cursing is not only inappropriate, but simply ot tolerated from the school. This could also act as a distraction to other students. As well as a distraction, this may be interpreted as rude.

-Have respect towards your Teacher(s) and classmates: If I were to be speaking, no one else in the classroom should be speaking unless they have raised their hand and I have called on them (another rule, students should raise their hand(s) and wait until they’re called on before speaking). Other than disrespect, this would be outright rude. I would want all my students to learn efficiently and equally, they would be unable to do this without the ability to hear what I am saying. This will ensure that all of the students are able to learn and seek help if necessary. Students should also listen to their classmates because a question they might have may be the same question they have. Students shouldn’t show any types of harassment, racism, bullying or disrespect to each other in any way - in doing so, this would lead to an automatic detention.

-No masks: Masks on students' faces are first of all not allowed in the school and may lead to immediate detention. Also, masks make it so I can’t see all the students' beautiful faces when they are speaking or when I am speaking to them. The use of masks would restrict identification of the student. I enjoy being able to know who I am talking to.

-No illicit substances of any sort: Substances such as alcohol, cigarettes, drugs etc. would not be tolerated in my classroom and they would immediately be confiscated. This would immediately lead to a detention, seeing illicit substances aren’t allowed on school grounds.

-Try your best: Students, with any Teacher should always try their best. This category also falls under having respect towards your teachers - having sloppy work could be interpreted as not caring about the task requested for the student to complete. Having sloppy and/or uncompleted work in general could lead to a verbal warning or a detention.

-Have fun and be safe: My classroom would be the type of place where not only are students safe, but feel safe and comfortable speaking with me and simply being in my classroom. If I were to be accepted as an English/Literature teacher, I would want my students to always have fun while still getting the job/assignment done. However, I will not tolerate anything that breaks the rules above.

-(OOC) No Donator gadgets of any kind: This does not necessarily require an explanation due to being quite self-explanatory. However I will provide a brief explanation; students should not be using any Donator Gadgets in the classroom, to keep themselves and others away from distractions and glitching.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
School Roleplay is one of the two roleplay servers I play on. These two servers are two of the biggest roleplay servers the world has come in contact with, I am very experienced in both of them and I am very familiar with roleplay. I’ve been playing on SRP for approximately a year now and I trust I know all the rules, features and aspects of/in the server. I’ve spent all of my time on SRP as a student in highschool and college, I’ve attended multiple classes (51 to be exact) and as mentioned before, I know how teachers operate and again, purely how SRP operates. In addition, I’ve read over multiple guides on forums and have surely asked lots of questions–hence, I know small details such as how to DetailRP (I was/am also on the College Swim Team - so my DetailRP skills have a bit of experience), FearRP, and more. Again, I trust I have a great amount of experience in not only roleplay, but School Roleplay in general.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: The HD is the leader of their taught subject, there is one HD for every subject. HD’s are very respected individuals and are permitted to help train UT’s and NQT’s. Lower ranked Teachers also might come to the HD first for help if needed.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: QT’s have been teaching for a long time and have experience with most tasks teachers complete. Similar to HD’s, NQT’s and UT’s might come to a QT for help if their HD is not online or available. Unlike NQT’s and UT’s, QT’s do not need permission to host a class.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: NQT’s are teachers that have recently passed their training. They need permission to host classes and might still be getting the hang of things.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: UT’s are the lowest rank of the teacher ranking system, they have just been accepted into the position of Teacher and they are not trained yet. Additionally, they cannot host classes at all (due to not being trained). If I am accepted as a Teacher, this is where I would start.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers–ooc and ic–are individuals who practically shape students' futures and help inspire their career choices. They impact students' self-esteem and confidence, as well as looking over them and encouraging them to ask for help, and help each other. Out of game, Teachers are averagely paid up to approximately $87k per year in my country. However, this varies depending on the school, teacher, and principal/dean/director. In game, Teachers may earn ¥350,000 for completing 10 classes in a month. They can also earn a bonus of ¥50,000 for completing 5 extra classes within the same month–however, they can only earn up to ¥150,000 in bonus due to the max bonus claim being 3. If they do not complete–at minimum–10 classes per month, they will not receive a salary and most likely receive a strike.
Depending on the Teacher, their Teaching style(s) could be very different, or very similar. Teachers can specialize in specific things in game, but do not always have to teach their specialized category. They also plan their own lessons, so they could be using notebooks for assignments, voice chats on Discord, Kahoots/Gimkits etc., lectures, trivia and more!

In game, Teachers, in their spare time, would most likely be planning classes or living their lives. Just like any normal human being, Teachers have lives as well. They could be seen joking around with friends, going on vacation, shopping, exercising and/or more!

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Seeing as the server was originally just a school, not a city built around it, and it is physically named ‘School Roleplay’, Teachers and Professors are two of the main aspects of the server! A school wouldn’t be a school without Teachers/Professors, and there’s no better way to explain why they’re important other than saying, the server physically cannot function without Teachers/Professors!

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The school works on the ‘MoSCoW’ lesson planning system (Must have, Should have, Could have, Would have/Will not have).

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?
Liliana T. Hayashi is a 5’6 woman. She has a slim and fit hourglass figure and her dark brown hair greatly complements her dark purple eyes. Liliana’s hair is naturally brown, but it gradients into a light brunette at the tips. She is normally seen wearing casual or chic style clothing - no matter the occasion. Maybe during formal events she wears formal or elegant dresses, however most of the time, this is not the case. She would be an extrovert, thoughtful and idealistic, she would strive to have a positive impact on other people and the world around her. Liliana would rarely shy away from an opportunity to do the right thing, even when doing so is far from easy. Outside of teaching, she would be a daredevil–always practically risking her life to take an adventure. A very energetic and humorous person Liliana would be. Her outlook on the students would be very positive. She would believe in every single student, no matter what they look like, act like, or sound like. She would respect their opinions, and make sure all of them are treated equally. As for the Teachers, she would respect them as much as the students. No more, no less–she likes to treat everyone equally, respectfully. She wouldn’t be scared to ask a question if she had one, and if she doubtlessly has the correct answer to a question another Teacher has, she would immediately answer it.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
First, I would ask them firmly to lower their voices and calm down. After this, assuming they respect my authority, I would let them off with a verbal warning. If they continue to misbehave after this, I would use my radio (only to be used on school grounds for school/faculty related purposes) to call a QT or an HD –depending who is online and available–.While waiting for them to arrive, I would try to control the situation until then by staying near the delinquents as well as splitting them up. If a higher-up does not respond, I would give them a detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I would first kindly request they participate and listen to what I am explaining. If they still refuse to comply, I might give them a trickier assignment than normal to get their attention, or bring up the subject of detention (of course, none would go to detention if the class were to be very big and none were listening). If they continue to not listen, this may lead to a kick from the class or I would call up a higher-up for assistance.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

In the teacher’s lounge, Liliana mostly stays silent. She sometimes converses with other teachers a little bit, but tries to stay focused most of the time. Liliana normally asks frequent questions, she is mature and focused, trying not to give herself a bad reputation with other faculty members by making a terrible joke or pun of some sort like she normally does in public environments. Normally when she starts speaking, the talkative extrovert can't stop – Liliana always had this aura almost of determination, most of it was made of coffee.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me
would smile and trod over to her desk. She would scan the room, counting the students in her head “Good morning students! I hope you’re all doing well!”

/me would have a soft smile and kind tone while explaining, “Today we will be doing a trivia, it will be subject to spelling and punctuation!” She would hesitate and think for a moment “Let's see. . . if the beginning letter of your last name is from A - M, stand on the left side of the classroom. If the beginning letter of your last name is from N - Z, stand on the right side of the classroom.”

/me would walk up to <name of the student> with a stern look on her face. Her eyebrows would be scrunched and her disfavor would be showing “I know you are capable of acting more mature than this, so I’m merely wondering WHY you are misbehaving like this. This is your first and last verbal warning before possible detention, DON’T do it again.” She would walk away with a not angry, yet disappointed expression appearing on her face.

/me would extend her arm out to give <name of the student> a reward token while smiling brightly “Thank you for participating throughout the class and answering every question correctly! You’ve earned this!” She would then turn her back from the students' desk. A slight “woosh” sound would be hearable from the speed that she took to turn around and quickly return to her desk.

/me would hear the sing-song like ring of the school bell and raise her voice so all the students could hear, “Make sure you get inspired during breaktime and bring your big imaginations and ideas next period, for we will be doing a writing assignment on fantasy next period! I hope to see you all there!”

Backstory
Liliana was born in London, England to an overprotective, caring mother and an abusive, alcoholic father. Her mother–named Olivia Jones at that period in time–always cared about her well-being and education, especially since no one in her family had gone to college yet. On the other hand, her father–Henry Jones–hit and abused her for no reason almost all the time, he did the same with her mom. When Henry was supposedly “going to a job interview”, or “going to the movies with some friends”, both Liliana and Olivia knew he was going out to drink. When he came back from those little trips, he was either hungover, sick, or angry. Liliana also had a younger sister, Elizabeth Jones. Elizabeth was the sweetest child on Earth, she always wanted to play outside and was very intelligent for her age. Henry loved Elizabeth, and no matter how drunk he was, for some reason, he never harmed her in any way. Liliana also had an older sister, Eleanor Jones. Eleanor was very pretty and responsible, she normally did most of the chores, but never got angry about it because she loved her two sisters very much.
Everything changed when Elizabeth was diagnosed with a kidney tumor. The doctors said it was growing rapidly, and she would most likely pass away within a month. Elizabeth thought her family would want to make the most of her time left, but instead, everyone drifted apart. Olivia kept caring for her kids. . . alone, like always. But Eleanor started skipping school to who knows where, and instead of making memories with Elizabeth, she didn’t talk to her for two weeks. Henry just started drinking more than ever, he was rarely home and when he was, he was hitting and screaming at everyone. . . even Elizabeth.
On August 9th, 2005, Elizabeth Jones passed away. Henry immediately packed his bags and walked out the door, without even going to her funeral. Eleanor did go to Elizabeth’s funeral, but less than 24 hours after, she left with her father. Olivia cried and mourned for days, and the only thing that could keep Liliana slightly calm was studying.
A few weeks after Elizabeth’s passing, Olivia lost her job as a Reporter for inactivity. She hadn’t written anything since the funeral. After months and months of searching for a job, Olivia found a job as a Surgeon in Karakura, Japan. Neither Olivia or Liliana knew Japanese and they were nervous to go, but they had to.
Their moving was a long process, but they finally moved in most of their belongings, and they had each other. Olivia’s Surgeon shifts were very long and stressful, she worked all day, every day. Because of this, Liliana stayed late at school for tutoring to learn Japanese. After months of high school, when Liliana was completely fluent in the language, her teachers realized she was exceptionally intelligent.
When Liliana was 17, her mother found a husband in Japan, Hiroto Hayashi. Olivia and Hiroto immediately got married, and Liliana hadn’t seen her mother that happy since Elizabeth was still alive. Their last names changed from ‘Jones’ to ‘Hayashi’. Hiroto had a son, Aoi Hayashi, and a daughter, Aiya Hayashi. Aoi was very very intelligent, he was a PHD in college and thrived. Aoi was very kind to Liliana, he offered to tutor her college-level studies and she kindly accepted. It was a bit of a challenge for Liliana to learn these high-level studies, but soon enough, she was as good as Aoi! On the other hand, Aiya reminded Liliana so much of Elizabeth, her physical looks were very different, however, her spirit and heart were as caring, adorable, and funny as Elizabeth’s. About five years after Liliana and Aoi met, at the age of 31, Aoi traveled off to become a Lawyer in New York City, leaving Olivia, Hiroto, Aiya, and Liliana in Karakura.
Liliana soon came to the age of 26–after graduating with a Master's Degree at 21–and decided she wanted to teach. She studied for around 2 years, until earning a TEFL Certificate at the age of 28. Hiroto was soon diagnosed with lung cancer, and the doctors never told him this, but he knew. . . he told Liliana and Aiya himself that he wouldn’t make it. At the young age of 48, Hiroto Hayashi passed away. Olivia couldn’t live in the same place her true love died, and she had just received a job offer as a Reporter in New Zealand. Olivia didn’t even enjoy being a Surgeon very much with all the work. So Aiya and Olivia moved to New Zealand, while Liliana pursued her teaching career in Karakura.
Liliana still keeps in touch with Aoi, Aiya, and her mother, and remembers all the teaching and tips Aoi gave her. She would’ve never become a Teacher without him and everyone else, no matter if they left her or not, because they believed in her greatly.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Liliana Hayashi
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Liliana Jones

Preferred Name: Liliana Hayashi

Religious Denomination: Theist
Marital Status: Single
Nationality: Japanese (where she would be a current citizen and resident of, however, she was born in England. Her nationality changed along with her new home.)
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
4 years

Academic Degree: Master’s Degree
Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): Literature, English
Minors: Biopsychology, Communications

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese, Japanese Sign Language, Spanish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, I have a TEFL Certificate.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
I'm going on vacation on 7/29/2022, so if I do not respond to anything in game this is my reasoning. However, I should be able to interact on Discord and forums if necessary.
EDIT: I've returned from my absence on 8/7/2022.

Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread