skelly#4216

Do you have a microphone?:
I do!

How old are you? (Optional):
Sixteen years old.

What is your time zone?:
GMT +7 (Indochina)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

I acknowledge this rule and will try my best to be as active as I can to prevent being demoted.

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say I’m reasonably active. I’m usually online about 5-10 hours a day and usually more on weekends. I do want to add that I go to a school for film so sometimes there are projects that take up my time, causing me to be inactive for 2 days till a week. School is still my number one priority. But other than that, I’m pretty active.

Do you have any previous bans?:
None at all and I still intend to keep it that way.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Denied applications:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/greek-application.38195/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/solorizeds-counselor-application.38268/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/counselor-re-application.39636/

Accepted applications:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/solorizes-chinese-language-application.37910/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/greek-application-2nd-try.38221/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/grade-change.38050/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/grade-stuck-thing.37973/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/grade-change-3.39379/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/froggy-umbrella.39408/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lost-items-stuck-in-ed
itmode.46950/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/skellys-media-team-application.45494/

my teacher app does a weird thing when i paste the link so click here

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
solorize is in college (bachelor) with a journalist tag
dreamivorydream is grade 10
wqllows is in grade 12 with no other roles.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I'm applying for D.T., specializing in graphic design, photography, and filmography however if that spot is taken I'll take math.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
To be honest, I miss it. Back in July-October (i think) I was a teacher but had to quit due to exams and me realizing I was prioritizing SRP over school. However, since I am now active again and have learned how to balance school and SRP I wanted to re-apply cause I really did enjoy teaching. People have also said the way I taught was fun and entertaining, so I wanted to bring that back.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

I understand.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
From my experience, teacher class logs were a tracker of how many classes a teacher held every month, and what was taught in class. When I was still teaching the classes were screenshotted and sent to a specific channel in the discord but I’m not sure if that's how it works now.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Strict rules that I think should be implied in class would be:
  1. Everyone is equal. No one is better or worse than others. Just because someone understands the subject better than you, doesn’t mean they are better. Students should support each other.
  2. Respect everyone. Whether it's a teacher or student, everyone must be treated with respect.
  3. Do not disturb the class. If you're in class then you must pay attention to what's going on. If you don’t understand something, speak up.
  4. Any form of fighting is not allowed, whether it be a physical fight or a verbal argument (unless instructed to/has something to do with the subject like a debate)
  5. No devices. No technology is allowed to be used in class unless instructed to.
  6. Mind your language. Don’t use any inappropriate words or terms in class.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Pretty experienced! Just like my previous application stated, I’ve been roleplaying on different platforms for almost 8 years now. On the server itself, I hit my one-year mark last November, and since the first day I joined I’ve dabbled in different types of roleplay. My biggest experience would probably be from teaching for the first time

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department.
↳ Description: The head of a certain department. They are the most experienced out of everyone. One of their jobs is to watch over NQTs classes and I think they train teachers as well.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teachers who've been teaching for a while. They’re experienced but not quite as experienced as HD. These are the teachers who have taught for over two months or so.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Fresh outta training teachers. These are the newbies who just got out of their time as a UT. They are teachers who can host their own classes.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teachers who are still undergoing training, meaning, they’re not officially a teacher yet. They can’t start their own classes yet and still need to be supervised by their higher-ups. However, to students, they are still teachers who must be respected.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
They are educators who help shape young minds, making sure kids get the proper education they deserve and making sure they have a bright future. Teachers act as secondary parents. They make sure their students are safe and they have everything they need to prepare them for the future. A teacher’s job is to teach. Whether that is the things in their textbooks or everyday things.
In Karakura, teachers get paid ¥350,000-400,000 depending on the number of classes they teach every month. Every teacher spends their spare time differently as teachers are just normal people with jobs and families. Some of them go to the movies and eat expensive food. Some of them choose to stay inside and watch movies when they are not teaching. Teachers are just like everyone else!

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Well, it is a School roleplay server so of course teachers are important! One of the most important roles teachers give to students is as an authority figure in school, someone to fear and obey. Teachers are also important for roleplay purposes! People LOVE classroom scenario roleplays, it's pretty fun. It creates a lot of new roleplay experiences and scenarios as every time a class is held, it's never the same.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW
(Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have)

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Annei Kihira is still the same Annei Kihira we all know and love. He’s still your burnt-out gifted kid turned overachieving middle-aged man. He’s a perfectionist, a somewhat organized person. He puts his work over everything, and he never procrastinates. He’s an academic man and always has been, it made sense that he grew up to be a teacher. However, Annei does genuinely enjoy teaching and being a teacher. He loves kids and truly believes that children are the future. He enjoys sharing and educating, as well as learning. He believes that being a teacher means you also learn things from your students. Annei is also a creative person. He can always make boring classes interesting, coming up with games to make his teaching fun and enjoyable.

He’s an overall social guy. He loves to interact with everyone, whether that's a student or his co-workers. He’d grown more confident than the last time he was a teacher at KHS.

Annei’s appearance matched his personality quite well. He’s tall and lanky, wearing glasses that cover his deep brown eyes. His hair is slightly overgrown, but he still looks pretty cool! Fashion-wise, he dresses for the occasion. He tries to dress as professionally as he can on the job, but on a day-to-day basis, he’s a joggers and band tee type of guy.

Annei doesn’t like to plan for the future. He believes that time is an ocean and he’s riding a boat without a compass. He prefers to let the universe decide his future for him. He’s quite comfortable where is now anyways. He still kinda wants to be in a band, though.. Like Weezer.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Obviously, I’ll let them go with a warning first, making sure I and the students are on the same page. If they continue then I’ll threaten them with detention and remind them that the school does not tolerate such behavior. If they still continue then I’ll just have to deal with them in the detention room.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If this is a situation where no one is paying attention to the subject, then I’ll try and get their attention by making a noise. If they continue to ignore me then maybe I’m the problem and I’m boring them out. I’ll switch up my teaching method to something less boring, maybe play a game or be more interactive with the students. If the scenario is that everyone is being loud. I try to find the source of the commotion and deal with them first before I warn the rest of the class.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
My character would try and interact with other people in the room. Making friends is sort of his specialty. He’d offer everyone his lunch, asking everyone about their days, how their family is doing. Annei would most likely be sitting near the coffee machine, hoarding all the coffee... However, being friendly does not mean being unprofessional. Annei will remember that he js still on the job and despite making friends, he’ll still act professionally around his co-workers.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
took a LONG sip of his coffee, staring at each student with a deadly stare. The smell of his cheap teacher’s lounge coffee lingered. He did not say a word and the silence was too loud. He set his mug down before clapping his hand together with an unexpected grin, “Today we’re learning how to design product logos!”

/me noticed that some of the students were getting bored of the subject. He decided to put a spin on the way he’s teaching. “Alright, how about we play a game? Since the topic is color theory, let's play 'I spy’! The game is pretty easy, I'm going to give you a color-based hint on an object inside the room and you're going to try and guess what the object is.”

/me began counting all the students in his classroom to himself. “Okay so, we have an even number of people.” He paused, stroking his chin, “Get in teams of four. Group project time!” He proceeded to write the words 'group one', 'group two', 'group three', 'group four' on the board, "This is a scoreboard and we're playing a jeopardy type game, you must work together."

/me picked up a piece of chalk. He drew four horizontal lines on the board, the middle two being closer to each other. He then wrote the words ‘Font designing' on the lines. The letters stayed inside the outer lines and they were all perfectly aligned. He put down the chalk, wiping the dust off his hands.

Backstory

Annei was a native of Hyogo but spent most of his childhood in Karakura. His parents were artistic and creative people who didn’t have too high of an expectation for Annei academically, but he was just a natural-born overachiever. For the most part, he had a pretty decent childhood. His parents were supportive and caring, and they were never strict or anything. In fact, they sort of just let Annei do whatever the hell he wants. Yet, Annei decided that grades and getting into a good college were his life goals. Ever since he was a child he strived to be the best at everything he did. School, extracurricular activities, being the best older brother since he and his siblings had quite the age gap. It was odd considering his parents didn’t actually care about his placement in class. At least Annei managed to get into a really good college, some may say it’s one of the best colleges in the world.

However, Annei Kihira’s success became his downfall. The stress of being perfect all the time finally became too much for him and he fell into a deep depression, feeling burnt out. He spent his college years still being perfect, but not enjoying it as much as he thought would, he wasn’t satisfied with any of his works. He spent most of his days doing schoolwork or watching movies, and this was when he realized his true passion was film and design. He loved to ****yze movie posters and covers, he appreciated the art of it but knew it was too late for him to switch up his career. After graduating college, his mother suggested he take care of his dying grandmother in Hyogo, and he did out of respect for her and his grandmother. His grandmother was a very wise woman, and spending about a year alone with her really lifted Annei’s spirit. Long story short, his grandmother passed and Annei decided to loosen up a bit, this is where he moved to Karakura and began teaching at the local high school.

He taught there for about a month or so before making the impulsive decision to follow his heart and learn about film and design! He quit his job before going off to college again, but not as long as the first time he went to college, he just finished a semester... Annei actually ended up getting a job as a co-director for a short film once but his day job was a freelance graphic designer. He liked his job but he knew that his true calling was teaching so he went back to Karakura to teach!

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Annei Kihira
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Annei
Preferred Name: Annei

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination: Shintoism
Marital Status: Unmarried

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Worked part-time at a convenience store before becoming a manager, however, I had to quit due to college. I was a substitute teacher for a while in Hyogo, taught for a year or so, then tutored in Karakura before becoming an English teacher last year. I am also a freelance designer.

Academic Degree: Bachelor's
Year of Graduation: 2013 and 2021
Major(s): Education, Graphic Design
Minors: Foreign language, Philosophy, Film

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: English, Greek

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: I do, I have a TEFL certificate.

Extra
n/a

Additional notes about your application:
This application may be similar to my old one because I am using the same character but I did try to make it better and alter some things.

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted

- As you've been a teacher before you won't need to undergo any teacher training and will start your journey as an NQT.​

Users who are viewing this thread