players online

Accepted wqllow's english teacher application

solorize

Level 50
Community Team
Media Team

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
I will be applying using wqllows. however, my two other accounts are northeritaly and solorize.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
I do, it’s skelly#1902

Do you have a microphone?:
I do!

How old are you? (Optional):
Not very comfortable with revealing my age but I am over thirteen and under eighteen.

What is your time zone?:
GMT +7 (Indochina)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I completely acknowledge this rule and accept it. I will try my best to be active to prevent myself from getting demoted.

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say I’m very active on the server as I’m active every day for about 4-12 hours. I am very active and dedicated.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No and I intend to keep it that way.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Denied applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/greek-application.38195/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/solorizeds-counselor-application.38268/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/counselor-re-application.39636/

Accepted applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/solorizes-chinese-language-application.37910/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/greek-application-2nd-try.38221/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/grade-change.38050/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/grade-stuck-thing.37973/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/grade-change-3.39379/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/froggy-umbrella.39408/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
solorize is on grade 12 with the journalist tag
northernitaly has a bird whitelist
wqllows is on grade 12 with no other roles.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
I'm applying for English however if that spot is taken I'll take art.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Looking for more roleplay experience within SRP. After both of my counselor applications got denied, I sort of gave up on applying for an applicable role, that is until a close friend of mine told me to try out being a teacher. I decided to try it out as it seemed fun. I honestly just really want to experience other sides of roleplay in SRP, but there aren't many that I am interested in, other than this, of course. I also just want to get closer to the community and provide quality roleplay for the students of Karakura.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I understand.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs help keep track of how many classes a teacher held per month, and what they taught in that class. If I'm not mistaken, class logs are just screenshots of what was done in class, which helps ensure that teachers are doing their jobs correctly.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Strict rules that I think should be implied in class would be:
  1. Absolutely no foul language. No swearing and definitely no slurs. Loopholing around this is punishable.
  2. Respect everyone. Teachers or students must be treated with respect.
  3. Do not disturb the class. If you're in class then you must pay attention to what's going on.
  4. Any form of fighting is not allowed, whether it be a physical fight or a verbal argument.
  5. No devices. No technology is allowed to be used in class unless instructed to.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Pretty experienced. Despite joining the server pretty recently, I've been roleplaying on other platforms for a while now. My main platforms before SRP were discord and Instagram, and the communities I joined naturally detailrp (I'm talking 6-50 words per action). I also started on FRP which further improved my roleplaying skills as the majority of the players detailrped. I've recently joined the journalist team in hopes of further improving my writing.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department.
↳ Description: Self-explanatory, they are the head of a certain department or subject. They sometimes observe NQT's in their classes to make sure they are doing the job right.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teachers who've been teaching for a while, meaning, more experienced. Usually, HD's don't look out for them as much as they do with NQT's as they're supposed to be trusted with their teaching.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teacher's who recently finished their training/assessments and was accepted as a qualified teacher. NQT's are able to start classes on their own and host field trips, unlike UT.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teachers who are still undergoing training and aren't "official" yet. However, they are still faculty members, meaning they must be respected and fearrped.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers are people who help children and adolescents gain knowledge and experience. They are important members of society as they set children up for success by educating them throughout their childhood to late teens. Not only do they teach the subjects they teach (eg. Maths, science), they are people who teach kids about manners, problem-solving, and generally someone who should set an example of what a responsible person should look like. Their teaching method may vary as every teacher has their own way of teaching but all of them must act professionally, and they must know how to properly educate so that the students actually understand the subject they are teaching.

Teacher paychecks are different depending on where they are from, but in Karakura they get paid 450,000-500,000 yen, depending on the number of classes they are able to hold within an OOC month. They may spend this money like any other human being, like paying rent, buying money for food, and using these to buy new clothes. If they have a hobby the money could be spent on it, teachers are just like everyone else!

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Just as the name states- Teachers offer proper roleplay experience for people who are playing students. Teachers play an important role in their character development as it brings in realism to the school scenario.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW
(Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have)

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?
Annei is your local overachiever. He's a perfectionist, a very organized man. He's the type of guy who puts his work on top of everything, never once in his life has he procrastinated. He's a passionate guy overall. He teaches because he loves sharing with people and because he has hopes for the younger generation, not for the money. He's socially awkward, speaking with a small stutter sometimes. But at the same time he's fun and creative, especially when it comes to his teaching and he still has the ability to remind students that he's in charge while they're in the classroom. He's polite and quiet, only speaks when he's supposed to. He definitely interacts with his students better than his fellow teachers, especially the ones who are around his age. However, he will try his best to befriend his co-workers!

For some reason his appearance matches his personality really well! He's very lanky and quite tall (6'2), his long and slender fingers being his most notable features. When he stands, he often changes his posture or stance. Glasses cover his dark brown eyes, which highlights his slightly nerdy personality. Fashion wise, he wears button up shirts and sweaters, a quite academic aesthetic that he's adopted, but in more casual scenarios, he mainly wears band t-shirts and jeans like any normal adult would.

Annei does not have any plans for the future as he feels comfortable with his current living situation. He loves teaching, and it gives him a decent paycheck which allows him to purchase items he wants or to pay for leisure activities. However, he's always wanted to be in a band . .

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I will warn them first, reminding them that they're still at school and that cursing is prohibited on school grounds. If they continue, I will warn them one more time. Reminding them that this is their second warning and if they continue to do it I will have no choice but to give them detention. If they continue, they go straight to detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If this is a situation where I'm teaching and no one is paying attention, I will start by making a loud noise like clapping or lightly tapping the board with my knuckles in hopes of gaining their attention. If that doesn't work, then maybe the problem is my curriculum. I'll try and figure out a way to teach the subject in a more fun and entertaining way, I'll raise my voice and tell them that we're doing something different. If they don't listen and instead backtalk me or disrespect me, I'll tell them that if they do not pay attention they will be kicked out of the class.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
My character would probably act as professional as possible. Despite being on break time, they are still at the workplace. He will attempt to strike a conversation with someone, starting by asking about their day just making small talk. He'd most likely use the lounge as an opportunity to make small talk with the other teachers, hopefully getting to know them better.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me looked around the room to make sure all of the students were seated, once he noticed that everyone was in their seats he smiled, clapping his hands together to gain their attention, “Good morning, class! Today we will be discussing a bit about poetry . . English poetry! ”

/me turned around and faced the chalkboard. Without saying a single word, he grabbed a piece of chalk and started writing the words, 'LATIN ALPHABET' in all uppercase, then underlining it. He gently placed the chalk down before turning his heel to face his students, rubbing his hands together to get the chalk off. “Scholars! Today we will be learning a bit about the latin alphabet and maybe dabble a bit into the history of it.”

/me stood up straight as he took a step forward. He began to walk around the room, observing the class to make sure no one was cheating. He nodded to himself as he walked back to his desk, leaning against it. He crossed his arms and tapped on his foot, checking the time every once in a while.

/me picked up a piece of chalk, drawing a line in the middle of the board. He moved over to the right side of the board, he wrote 'English' and on the left, 'Japanese'. He placed down the chalk and turned around, “Okay!! I would like for each of you to come up and translate each word to Japanese.”

Backstory
Despite being a native of Hyogo, Annei spent most of his life In Karakura. He had a pretty normal childhood despite living in a city with a high crime rate. His parents were loving, he had everything he wanted and he excelled at school. Life seemed pretty normal for him. His parents were both artistic people who were often carefree and creative. Yet, Annei took an interest in academics and it was clear that he was gifted. They never pushed him to have good grades, but Annei still worked hard in school. He was just a natural-born overachiever, always trying to get good grades. Everything just has to be perfect.

This, of course, caused a lot of stress. The stress and anxiety were mostly from overthinking, a trait that Annei've adopted while growing up trying to be perfect. He was afraid that one day he'll experience burn out from overworking himself which ended in him overworking himself even more to try and prevent that... However, right after he graduated college his mother told him to move up to Hyogo for a bit as he noticed the stress and depression her son was facing. He agreed to it, but purely just to respect his mother.

When he moved to Hyogo, he got to take care of his sick grandmother, spending time with her every single day. His grandmother was a wise woman, she lived her life full of regrets which she shared with Annei. Her words helped lift up Annei's spirit, along with teaching him to be more relaxed. His grandmother died in his arms, just like any grieving man, her death was painful yet he realized that she helped him go through a lot and now he must honor her death by living his life with fewer worries and taking every single one of her advice. He moved back to Karakura, starting fresh as a high school teacher.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Annei Kihira
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Annei
Preferred Name: Annei

Age (Minimum is 27): 28
Religious Denomination: Shintoism
Marital Status: Unmarried

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
In my college days, I worked part-time at a convenience store for two years, then became the manager for another year before quitting as I had to move. I started teaching when I was 25. This was back when I lived in Hyogo, yet I moved to Karakura last year and for a year I took up some tutoring gigs, meaning I have had nine years of working experience.

Academic Degree: Bachelor's
Year of Graduation: 2013
Major(s): Education, Law.
Minors: Foreign language, philosophy.

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: English, Greek, Chinese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: I do, I have a TEFL certificate.

Extra
n/a

Additional notes about your application:
Icly, Annei is not very fluent in Chinese. That is why I have yet to apply for the language for my wqllows account.

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of English Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread