Omega+
IGN:
Zaldoria
DATE:
7/3/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Disabling LOOC in the court spectator/viewing area
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

When a public court case is ongoing and people are spectating, the chat tends to get flooded due to the massive amount of players in a singular space. This makes it rather difficult to watch the court case as it's happening. I've seen time and time again where people constantly talk in LOOC during a court case, which annoys those who are watching. They ask them to use /f msg if they want to talk during the court case. There doesn't seem to be much reason for players to use local chat in this area as they are literally watching a court case and are not directly involved in the scenario, and overall I feel this would help not only people in the trials keep track, as well as the spectators, and overall allow court cases to run much smoother.

o_o_o_f

Level 7
meloqzn
meloqzn
Fundraiser+

i think it should be toggle-able instead, just like /ooc is, also /f msg is kinda yikes especially with the huge delay for a message to actually get sent, and if you want to communicate with a group of people, /looc would be the best way to do that and those who have a problem with that shouldn't get rid of that opportunity of communication for everyone else

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
+1 Disable it. It's so hard to follow when there is 100 looc messages for each one action sent by the people undergoing the trial. I end up leaving or zoning out because I'm just lost and done with it.

i think it should be toggle-able instead, just like /ooc is, also /f msg is kinda yikes especially with the huge delay for a message to actually get sent, and if you want to communicate with a group of people, /looc would be the best way to do that and those who have a problem with that shouldn't get rid of that opportunity of communication for everyone else
If you want to communicate with a group of people, you can go into a discord chat. Or if you want to hold a conversation with people, f add them and have them leave the trail. You could also do it after. There are so many solutions that won't interfere with the rest of people who don't care for a conversation during something interesting ICly.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

Homie you’re a judge we’re not close enough to the stand to be able to hear the looc LOOOOL

(It is a +1 tho cuz I’ve been in the crowd before and it ain’t pretty)

draculary

Level 46
Authorization Team
draculary
draculary
Omega
+1 even if you do tell them not to, they'll continue & it makes it hard to read along.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Thank you for the suggestion, and I agree it'd be a good idea to limit the amount of chat in LOOC during the courtroom, sometimes it is necessary to speak in LOOC to clarify certain things potentially with KPD officers in there dealing with situations, I've put up signs to remind those present to limit the amount of LOOC that they use, however if this doesn't improve things this could be implemented in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread