players online

Disallow appartment/housing reselling

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Neutral

Normally players that re-sell apartments/penthouses/houses for exorbitant prices are the ones that have more than one property between their alts, breaking rule
3.7d, quoting;
3.7d You cannot have more than one property across your accounts (including alternate accounts).
Which, if found out by any staff member they will be warned and if not disowned by them, a S.A will do it. But, re-selling properties for a higher price should still be allowed. For example, I used to own a 2nd floor penthouse, which is, in my opinion, way too huge for only 150,000 yen(plus, the building inside of it that I thought it was great and how there is only a few of them); I thought about re-selling it on a price aound 1 million yen since I thought that was the price it was worth (ended up only disowing it). It's up to the current owner to decide if they want to resell it or simply disown (And if they sell for an exorbitant price, good luck finding someone that will pay that much, because not a lot of people has more than 5/6 million yen in game to spend on a tiny apartment or on a house that you will still have to pay the rent).

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
Indifferent

While reselling is VERY annoying, it is the player's choice. If someone wishes to sell their place for an oddly large sum of money, and someone takes that offer? Then that person got a place they like, and someone got a lot of money out of it.

With some shops not opening much, or jobs not taking apps, sometimes making money goes to this. I'm indifferent, It wouldn't affect me, but I know some people would be upset about this. It is annoying, but like the server is, it is all player's choice.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Find unowned one, get inactive one disowned, or pay rent with someone and share bozo
Currently impossible. I personally feel like if people weren't allowed to sell apartments you wouldn't get people buying apartments simply to sell them for a profit, and there would be less people trying to snipe away apartments in the first place. Now that we have group editmode it's possible to make money off of decorating someone's appartment too so, there are definitely ways to get money from apartments/ housing

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Currently impossible. I personally feel like if people weren't allowed to sell apartments you wouldn't get people buying apartments simply to sell them for a profit, and there would be less people trying to snipe away apartments in the first place. Now that we have group editmode it's possible to make money off of decorating someone's appartment too so, there are definitely ways to get money from apartments/ housing
Finding an apartment where the owner has been offline for more than/exactly 30 days is not impossible. In my past, I've discovered a lot. However, many people have already added "builders" to their tailoring servers, indicating that the idea about money making is accurate and has already blossomed.

pashy

Level 183
cant find unowned one its impossible

Well then that's probably the reason people resell them for high prices? Because it's difficult to acquire ones... So it's your issue if you don't want to buy... I don't think that is reasonable to make it against rules to sell properties-

NikTalks

Level 25
DioSamaa
DioSamaa
Fundraiser+
Well then that's probably the reason people resell them for high prices? Because it's difficult to acquire ones... So it's your issue if you don't want to buy... I don't think that is reasonable to make it against rules to sell properties-
we are saying lower prices its just storage

HedeonRP

Level 11
+1 Honestly, I Dont Sell Apartments But I Didn't Like My Neighbors And Someone Offered To Buy It, So I Sold It For Like 200k Because I Wanted Out Of There, I Agree But Not Remove, Cap The Price To Allow Some Re-Selling, But Not Over Selling, For Such Prices As 1M+ But Things Below That Depending On The House / Apartment Building.

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
+1 Honestly, I Dont Sell Apartments But I Didn't Like My Neighbors And Someone Offered To Buy It, So I Sold It For Like 200k Because I Wanted Out Of There, I Agree But Not Remove, Cap The Price To Allow Some Re-Selling, But Not Over Selling, For Such Prices As 1M+ But Things Below That Depending On The House / Apartment Building.
Why Do You Type Every Word Starting With A Capital Letter It Makes Reading It Very Difficult

I fully agree with this, apartments are a scarce resource so the prices for reselling are higher. I bet the rent would be a lot higher than 50k on most apartments if there was a bidding system for what people were willing to pay every month. It's by no means impossible to get an apartment if you don't want to pay a reseller, and if people are okay paying so much for it let people sell them for so much.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback, however we've decided to deny this suggestion.

- Players are currently only allowed one property at a time across their accounts, if someone wants to sell their only property they're more than welcome to so long as it's done In-Character. If players overprice them ICly, you aren't obligated to buy it.​
* Selling anything (Apartments, Vehicles, Items, etc.) must be done In-Character, doing so Out-Of-Character is not allowed and will result in punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread