mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Disallow Full-Body Suit/Hooded Cloak Skins that Conceal Identity.

Mark 9:42

Level 19
IGN: PhayZr

DATE: 2/5/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Full body suits/hooded cloaks (See image below) have become popular on the server recently. However, they have become a very huge annoyance to school staff, as any facial concealer is not allowed. Simply because a member of school faculty can't tell a student to just "Take off the suit" like they would a mask. An entire skin change is required, which, the player often isn't prepared to do if caught by faculty.

The excuse I often receive if I am able to talk to a player with this skin is: "I'm not wearing anything underneath. I have to go home and change." Which they obviously cannot due, per rule 5.8 on SRP. And if I were to release someone to change, they typically just wander the school anyway.

Full body suits invalidate the purpose of wearing a mask, as the suit conceals your identity in place of a mask. As for hooded cloaks (As pictured below), it's unrealistic to blacken the face from "Darkness", because, in the sun, their faces would be clearly shown regardless if they were hooded or not. All in all, these suits seem to be a loophole to the no-mask rule on school grounds.

It should also be generally disallowed to change your IC name when wearing these clothes. When your identity is "concealed" the person doesn't know your name anyway.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

- Masks wouldn't be invalidated.
- More realistic
- Less troublesome to moderate

1644106881841.png

Edit:
I made a reply that I think is relevant to put in the main post. Also, thank you all for your feedback so far.
I'd like to emphasize that the mere existence of these skins invalidates any reason to buy/obtain a mask. After all, why buy a ballistic mask if you can just steal a full body suit off NameMC and match with your whole gang for free?

To those of you telling me "Just use FearRP and give detentions if they don't listen to you," correct me if I'm wrong, but don't teachers have to know who the individual is in order to give someone detention? You can't just metagame and make a detention record for someone you don't know the name of because you never could see the person's face. (Half the time, the player changes their RP name as well.)
If I'm wrong about this ^, then I'm about to start handing out detentions a lot more often.

Mariav said:
I suggested it before but it got denied. It is an issue faculty has to deal with ICly and it will be way too hard for staff to moderate every player skin on school grounds
If made into a rule, then the players would enforce it themselves just like any other rule. Someone uses a full-body suit? Report it. Someone ERP's? Report it. I'm not asking for admins to watch every single person 24/7, that's a completely unreasonable request. Rules are kept in place and enforced with the help of the community. This would be no more difficult than the other rules SRP has.

Last edited:

Naishoten

Level 40
Naishoten
Naishoten
Omega
+1 to this on school grounds.

Outside of school grounds here is how I see it. Face should be visible without a mask the rest can be covered. Covering you face with a skin is a cheatsy way of hiding you identity without the worries of having a mask mugged.

keeks

Level 3
omuku
omuku
Omega+
+1 to this on school grounds.

Outside of school grounds here is how I see it. Face should be visible without a mask the rest can be covered. Covering you face with a skin is a cheatsy way of hiding you identity without the worries of having a mask mugged.
skins are ic, on faces were covered with like, a mask, not covered by a shadow.. u can see eye sockets

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

I agree with this, especially on school grounds. What gang members, students, etc dress like someone straight out of a batman movie?

Gonna leave my favorite image that I've ever made here, this is how you all look ICly, just keep that in mind.

1644108131378.png

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Big +1 from me.

I've always had this issue, and have shared most of your points that you present in this post. Masks that the game has to offer, (Ballistic, Smile, Gas masks, etc.) are one thing, but wearing a skin to conceal your identity is completely unrealistic. When you go to school in your personal life, how many kids do you see dressed in a full black robe, trying to conceal their identity? None, whatsoever. Thus, it should make no sense in SRP for any student to do this, and makes no sense in character. To add to this, I completely agree with PhayZr's point of being unable to take off the hooded part of the skin; most players just either ignore this factor, even acknowledging that it will come up in roleplay.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Maybe the real latex gangRPers are the friends we made along the way

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
-1 / +1
Let them do whatever they wants just not on school grounds bc like. . .they refuse to listen or saying ok and not changing the skins.

GINGYZ

Level 88
MarriedtoEmma
MarriedtoEmma
Notable
-1/ +1 just like not have it on school grounds or whateve. its not that big of a deal in my point of view.

Lizalopod

Level 130
IGN: PhayZr

DATE: 2/5/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Full body suits/hooded cloaks (See image below) have become popular on the server recently. However, they have become a very huge annoyance to school staff, as any facial concealer is not allowed. Simply because a member of school faculty can't tell a student to just "Take off the suit" like they would a mask. An entire skin change is required, which, the player often isn't prepared to do if caught by faculty.

The excuse I often receive if I am able to talk to a player with this skin is: "I'm not wearing anything underneath. I have to go home and change." Which they obviously cannot due, per rule 5.8 on SRP. And if I were to release someone to change, they typically just wander the school anyway.

Full body suits invalidate the purpose of wearing a mask, as the suit conceals your identity in place of a mask. As for hooded cloaks (As pictured below), it's unrealistic to blacken the face from "Darkness", because, in the sun, their faces would be clearly shown regardless if they were hooded or not. All in all, these suits seem to be a loophole to the no-mask rule on school grounds.

It should also be generally disallowed to change your IC name when wearing these clothes. When your identity is "concealed" the person doesn't know your name anyway.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

- Masks wouldn't be invalidated.
- More realistic
- Less troublesome to moderate

View attachment 26722
Oh you can absolutely tell them to take it off. If a student has a skin on that is obstructing their face in character, you can tell them to take it off as if it's a mask.

If they don't want to comply, simply report them to staff and staff will yoink em

-1 for the suggestion because it's already possible though

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Hi Yes, I'm giving this suggestion a -1/+1

Out of school - People can still wear them outside of school, just as they can wear their masks outside of school; it doesn't bother anyone. Just think of the suits as masks; they can still be worn, and who the hell is going to sit down and monitor all of this? It would just add to the staff team's responsibility, and they already have plenty to deal with in terms of the server. Just pointing out that the Gangrp group may be... full of rule-breakers, so even if this was a thing, people would still wear them.

In-School- This is where my plus one comes in. With the suits, it may be irritating at times since some people listen when you threaten them with detention, while others simply don't care/don't fearrp. When I tell them to take it off and give them a few warnings, they usually listen. They'll simply be obstinate about it, but some of them will do what you described above. I feel students should be aware that SCHOOL IS NOT A PLACE TO GANGRP. It's a really clear thing, and I'm not sure why people think of such silliness as if fighting at school isn't enough, but why take it to the next level? Suits, on the other hand, should not be permitted in the school.

Let the students have fun dawg.
They can have a good time by wearing the mask, try being faculty (since individuals come up with the strangest ways to get out of situations), breaking rules by not fearrping, and so on. People wear the costumes so that if they don't listen to school staff, they won't have their masks taken away, which is essentially scamming the system.
Just cause the screenshot is with players who are a part of teams, doesn't mean that other students don't do it, because that is where it is seen the most. It was actually shocking seeing this come from players who are on teams, cause it's not something you would see every day, would regularly see them all wearing matching onesies, not gang wear, since people on teams arent even suppose to gangrp lmao, anyways, would probably see this once in a blue moon, but there are legit so many other ways people can jockrp. Wearing a gangrp suit isnttttt it, wearing it hide your identity is NOT jockrp lol.

To summarize, it may not be a "big problem" to certain people, as some random person above stated, but it is effectively cheating the system if you get what I mean.​

Users who are viewing this thread