mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Disallow Full-Body Suit/Hooded Cloak Skins that Conceal Identity.

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
I totally understand that it will be possible to make a ticket, but making an ooc rule about ONLY on school grounds will avoid calling to a staff member every 5 minute and taking time from me as a school faculty to run after people to change their clothes that even if they listening after 10 ooc minutes they changing back. . .
As stated a good 3 times, there will always been a fight to keep the suits. it will be too much of a hassle to force staff to make sure everyone has a correct skin on. As well as new players, they join with normal skins they get off of namemc, which is normal. in addiction to that, why would I get banned/warned oocly for the skin I wear Ic. yes its annoying as faculty to have to chase people, but there are ways ICLY to get them to behave.

Lizalopod

Level 130
I'd like to emphasize that the mere existence of these skins invalidates any reason to buy/obtain a mask. After all, why buy a ballistic mask if you can just steal a full body suit off NameMC and match with your whole gang for free?

To those of you telling me "Just use FearRP and give detentions if they don't listen to you," correct me if I'm wrong, but don't teachers have to know who the individual is in order to give someone detention? You can't just metagame and make a detention record for someone you don't know the name of because you never could see the person's face. (Half the time, the player changes their RP name as well.)
If I'm wrong about this ^, then I'm about to start handing out detentions a lot more often.

If made into a rule, then the players would enforce it themselves just like any other rule. Someone uses a full-body suit? Report it. Someone ERP's? Report it. I'm not asking for admins to watch every single person 24/7, that's a completely unreasonable request. Rules are kept in place and enforced with the help of the community. This would be no more difficult than the other rules SRP has.

Some ballistic masks have weapon attributes soooo...

Also, legit just force them into fearrp. If you threaten detention on someone, they have to comply and fearrp, period. If they're not fearrping, report them to staff and get them warned for it. We don't need a rule for this as it can already be enforced in character :l

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
I keep seeing people talking about "don't limit rp", or "this just limits rp more". Almost every successful RP game ever has limited their rp A LOT, when you're writing a book you're limited to a lot of things depending on your topic and outline. It works the same way, you can have imaginative RP, or you can have serious rp. You can't have both. If we want to actually push proper roleplay with good writing mechanics in it, roleplay NEEDS limitation. Without it, the writing clashes. Too many possibilities, focus, etc. (By keep seeing, I've seen it on MANY posts other than this one this is kinda a reply for all of em.)

Infi

Level 133
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I’m not gonna lie to y’all I’ve met people in full gang attire and OOCly told me they couldn’t take off the attire because they have no other skin for that character.

Lizalopod

Level 130
I keep seeing people talking about "don't limit rp", or "this just limits rp more". Almost every successful RP game ever has limited their rp A LOT, when you're writing a book you're limited to a lot of things depending on your topic and outline. It works the same way, you can have imaginative RP, or you can have serious rp. You can't have both. If we want to actually push proper roleplay with good writing mechanics in it, roleplay NEEDS limitation. Without it, the writing clashes. Too many possibilities, focus, etc. (By keep seeing, I've seen it on MANY posts other than this one this is kinda a reply for all of em.)

This is just not something that needs to be fully outlawed. In my opinion, if you're going to wear a skin with a mask to school, you should already have a second, normal skin ready. A school faculty member can walk up to you and they can and will tell you to take it off, so you'll definitely have to swap skins. If you don't, its failrp and you'll get punished, plain and simple. It really doesn't need to be limited IMO.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
This is just not something that needs to be fully outlawed. In my opinion, if you're going to wear a skin with a mask to school, you should already have a second, normal skin ready. A school faculty member can walk up to you and they can and will tell you to take it off, so you'll definitely have to swap skins. If you don't, its failrp and you'll get punished, plain and simple. It really doesn't need to be limited IMO.
If it's made a rule, the player will most likely enforce it themself. Wearing a mask on school grounds is already a violation of failrp, at least to my definition. It's a clearly stated school rule that characters choose to break, and I've seen people put masks on specifically when school staff walk by.

OGMint

Level 9
ScaryBook
ScaryBook
Notable+
This wasn't a problem for me, I simply tell the student to remove their bodysuit, a few of them had told me that they have no clothes under it, so I take out a pair of scissors and cut the part that covers their face and give them detention.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
I’m not gonna lie to y’all I’ve met people in full gang attire and OOCly told me they couldn’t take off the attire because they have no other skin for that character.
And that's when you find a throwaway character

Lizalopod

Level 130
This wasn't a problem for me, I simply tell the student to remove their bodysuit, a few of them had told me that they have no clothes under it, so I take out a pair of scissors and cut the part that covers their face and give them detention.
Power move

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1 you guys are 18 year olds, not ninjas. This is a matter of dealing with unrealism, not 'having to deal with it ICly'. We've all heard 'don't take all real life principles into SRP' But this one is a bit of a extreme juxtaposition (world breaking moment whenever I see it.) I hate that I was one of the first people to ever get that idea going back in 2019, shouldn't of happened.

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
+1
I feel like, for both out of school, AND in school; it shouldn't be allowed.

As someone else said, it's a 'cheasty' way of getting a mask. I feel like, if you wish to genuinely hide your identity, just get a mask.

<3

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback.

- Changing/disallowing full body suits would be very hard for the staff team to moderate. However, your second point on player's having their RPNames as solely nicknames is already against the rules (4.3), if you catch this again please create a ticket​

Users who are viewing this thread