Level 2

IGN (In-Game Name):
{
MAIN} SP4RK5 - applying
{ALT} firecedeities

What is your discord username?
._.twilight._.

Pervious bans:
I have received no bans or warnings since I started SRP, and I plan to keep my record clean.

Describe your activity on the server:
I’d say my activity on a scale of 1 to 10 is a 7 out of 10. I tend to be on the server most nights for about 2 to 5 hours, but I am a full-time college student with a job, so some nights I can’t log on until much later. The time I usually log off the server is around 10:30 p.m., unless it's the weekends, when I'm on for far longer, up to 4 to 7 hours at a time. However when if I get expect into EMS I would make sure to dedicate most of my time to the role and do the best I can when it comes to how many hours I can be online for.

What is your timezone?:
BST

List your current and past applications:
[SP4RK5]
[ACCEPTED] French Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[ACCEPTED] Finnish Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[ACCEPTED] Professor Application | SP4RK5 | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[ACCEPTED] Third Language Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[DENIED] Gaelic Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[ACCEPTED] Gaelic Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

[DENIED] Counselor Application | SP4RK5 | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
On SRP, I engage in FamilyRP, CrimeRP (not anymore) and I know a little bit about CombatRP. The thing I enjoy the most about roleplaying on SRP is the fact that I can create bonds between my characters and other people's characters. I also like the fact that everyone is very friendly on this server, and it isn't difficult to create conversation since everyone is so diverse and open to new roleplay situations and talking to new people. In the past, I have done a little roleplaying on Discord and Amino with a few of my friends that was mostly fantasy-based. My first ever experience with roleplay was a small WhatsApp roleplay that I took part in with a few of my friends, and it still gets brought up in conversation today even though we no longer use that roleplay as we have grown out of it.

Also for the past few months, I was a professor! So I have had some roleplay experience hosting classes, going to detention, and interacting with other faculty members and students. Faculty has really helped boost my confidence when it comes to new roleplay situations and not worrying too much about making a small mistake (which happens when you're learning new rules for a job). Faculty is amazing, and being able to make bonds with different teachers, professors, and employees really helped in getting me used to talking to new people on the server and interacting with their characters.

What is your motivation for applying?
My motivation for applying is that, while I was already in a faction (professor), I always like the idea of broadening my roleplay experiences and trying different types of roleplay. I wanted to be in a government faction since I joined the server, but I wasn’t quite ready to make the jump from being on school grounds to not being allowed on them at all, so that's why I first applied for professor, so I could still experience different roleplay but still be on school grounds. But in the last few months, I have realised that being a professor, as great as it is, can be a little repetitive at times, and I would like to experience something new, so I thought EMS would be a great thing to apply for. I have seen some of the roleplay the few times I have been in the hospital, and it has always intrigued me to see how detailed and well thought out their actions and speech were when treating a patient and I would like be able to do that type of detailed roleplay.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
To be honest, I don’t have a lot of knowledge when it comes to the different departments in the faction; my knowledge is the baseline and is based solely on what I’ve seen them do and what their department names entail. However, if I were accepted into this faction, I would dedicate time to learning what each different department did (specifically the one I'm applying for) so I could better understand what each one does.

Director: Rokku Heddo - The director is the main one in charge; he looks over each department. Personally, I haven’t had the chance to interact with him or watch what he does since I’m barely in the hospital or a part of the EMS faction. However, as stated in my previous paragraph, if I get accepted into EMS, I'll dedicate time to bettering my understanding of what the director does and the jobs he handles.

Doctor: From what I have seen the few times I’ve passed the hospital, doctors can do many things, for example, blood work, booking appointments, giving out medications, resetting bones, checkups, and many other things that their job allows which includes recoveryRP. Doctors are who I see the most when it comes to the EMS department, and they are an important part of the EMS team as they play a strong role in treating patients and doing tests to find out what's wrong with people's characters. They can also focus more on the hard surgeries, like when someone gets a limb chopped off or has been stabbed. They focus on making sure a person gets the surgery they need as well as a prosthetic if they had a limb chopped out. I do not surgeries getting roleplayed out that often, as none of my characters have ever been majored in or lost a limb, but I understand that their job is very important and a key thing for the hospital faction.

Paramedic: Paramedics work with KPD more than any of the other hospital factions because they respond more to 110 calls than other departments. Paramedics are usually the ones sent out to locations outside of the hospital to treat and receive hurt individuals who cannot make their own way to the hospital. For example, when there was an earthquake at the school, a few paramedics and doctors came to the school grounds to start treating and taking people back to the hospital. They also work to stabilise the patient when on the way to the hospital so the doctors can get straight to business when the injured person shows up.

Psychiatrist: Psychiatrists are one of the only departments that deal with the mental health of people's characters; they usually do small psych evaluations on characters as well as diagnose people, examples being bipolar, schizophrenia, depression, etc. However, that is all the knowledge I have about the psychiatry department. If I were to be accepted into EMS, I would dedicate time to learning and getting a better understanding of everything that psychiatrists do.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes I do acknowledge that, and accept the fact that i could be demoted.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yep! Im ready to dedicate 100% of my time to the hospital staff.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes I do acknowledge that if I’m online I must participate with the training, and if I’m accepted I’d make sure to attend as much training as I possibly can.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes I do acknowledge that taking IC to OOC is not allowed and against the SRP rules.

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Mikhäil Ruth Bae

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female.
She/Her

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Masters degree in medicine

Character’s Nationality:
British

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese
Gaelic
Finnish
French

Backstory (100+ Words)

Mika was born and raised in central London thanks to where her parents worked, so from a young age she was used to the hustle and bustle of a busy city around her, and she found herself striving in that atmosphere because of the sheer amount of diverse people she got to interact with from a young age.

Mika was a cheerful child, always laughing and smiling from a young age. She was a small bundle of joy to her family and neighbours. Her family was always there for her, pushing her to follow her dreams and to get back up if anything bad happened, which happened quite a lot to her thanks to how out there she was and how many clubs and activities she was in, but even if she had hard times, she and her family stayed close together and did everything they could to get back up and keep trying. Even from a young age, she knew she wanted to be a doctor and her parents were there to support her and her dream making sure she had to the best education possible starting from a young age and always there to help her practice and test her knowledge on anything she learnt at school.

When Mika became a teenager, she decided to move away from London and go to a different school to continue her education in medicine. She found that while London already had amazing schools, the hustle and bustle of that lifestyle would get in the way of her academic achievements. Her family fully supported her and her decision to move and even helped to pay for her college course and dormitory so she could focus on school and not worry about having to get a part-time job to help pay her college tuition. She poured countless hours into her college work and ended up coming out on top of her classes thanks to her hard work. Even though she’s far away from her parents, they ended up flying out to Edinburgh to come celebrate Mika’s achievements and even got her a few small gifts as a thank you for working so hard.

University was not much different for Mika; however, she ended up managing to get into her dream university with a scholarship, which meant her parents no longer had to pay loads of money to get her through medical school. However, while she was in university, she found that because she was so busy with her studies and tests, she didn’t really have much time to form relationships with her classmates, which resulted in her being very isolated from her peers and missing out on parties and small get-togethers her class would host after major tests or finals. She didn’t mind missing out on them as she always preferred to spend her free time studying, but sometimes she wished she put her books aside for a little so she could enjoy a few parties and make meaningful connections with her classmates.

After university, Mika did a few years of residency at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital, where she mostly shadowed her trainer and did a few small productions with her trainer watching her closely to make sure she didn’t mess up. However, much like college, she spent most of her time going over her medical knowledge and notes and perfecting her training on small producers, which meant when her coworkers went out to get a few drinks or get food, she declined nearly all of her invitations to the point people stopped inviting her all together. This once again made her feel like there was a rift between her and her colleagues, and so she decided to start fresh and move once again.

She brought the fact that she wanted to move even further away to her parents, and they were a little hesitant to let her move all the way to Japan by herself, so for a few months Mika spent time researching good foster homes around Japan that she could stay with and her parents could keep in contact with. After a while, her family finally agreed to let her move to Japan as long as they could stay in contact with the family or her while she was there. Mika stayed with one foster family while she finished her residency at the Aomori City Hospital, and she did her best to keep her work and personal lives separate this time, making time to go out with coworkers and friends and not just pouring all her time and energy into her work.

After a few years with that foster family, she decided to move again. This is when she ended up in Karakura, and even though she was slightly older now and more than capable of taking care of herself, her family still wanted her to be in a foster home, so she went searching for a family who wouldn’t mind taking her in while she looked for a job. That's when she found the VuLee family. She talked to Huy VuLee and asked him about taking her in while she looked around for a job, and he agreed. While she was living with the VuLee family, she found them all to be very close to each other, and she struggled a little to find her place in that family, but she didn’t mind putting in some extra effort into making lasting bonds with each family member she met, even if there were a lot of them. She ended up feeling like a part of the family more than she intended, and she ended up taking the last name as her own after a conversation with Huy about it.

A few years into living with the VuLee family, Huy started to struggle with the normalities of Karakura and decided to move back to his home town, so she decided it was about time she moved out and got her own apartment. However, even though she moved on from the VuLee family, she still has contact with Huy and sends him life updates every time she has a free moment or if something big happens. While she lived by herself, she got really close to Yoo-Jung Bae and ended up seeing her as an older sibling figure.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Allergy and Immunology

She chose to focus most of her time on allergy and immunology because her family suffers from really bad allergies, and she felt inclined to dedicate her medical knowledge to trying to improve medical advances when it comes to medication and treatment of allergic responses. However once she started her studying into allergies and immunology she found that she genuinely enjoyed the topic and her drive changed from family to her need to understand the in's and out's of that specific medical field.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
She did most of her medical residency at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital. She spent 3 years there training and working on her speciality in allergy and immunology as well as her other skills in the medical field. However after 3 years at the hospital she moved to Japan to get a change of scenery and continue her medical residency at Aomori City Hospital for another 4 years

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
She was a trainee at Royal Edinburgh Hospital for around 6 years after medical school. She mainly shadowed her trainer and did a few basic productions herself, with her trainer watching closely as she worked to make sure she didn't make any major mistakes. At Aomori City Hospital she was more sure of herself thanks to the years she spent at her past hospital which meant she could do a few easy procedures all by herself though she still got her trainer to check over her work to make sure she did the job correctly and to get any feedback on how she could improve her skills.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
No, she found that after medical school and her time at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital and Aomori City Hospital, she had a good grasp on her skills and knowledge when it came to producers and didn’t see the need to go back to school and learn the things she already knew.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

{desc made by ghcsted}
{Skin made by Bheom (Skin is subject to change}

Mikhäil R. Bae always has a well-put-together look no matter where you see her; she takes pride in her appearance and spends a lot of time taking care of her skin and working out to stay fit, which has led to her developing a slightly lean and athletic build in the past few years. She has messy black hair that she struggles to style thanks to going to a new hair dressers and just saying they can do whatever they like with her hair even though she struggles to style it, she still spends sometime in the morning making sure its at least presentable before leaving the house, she does this by slightly curling the front of her bangs to rest against her eyebrows and curl the outer piece of her bangs to fall just under her chin, though the curls tend to drop out through the day no matter how many products she puts in her hair to try and keep them in place, the back of her hair stops round the middle of her shoulderblades and she struggles to tie it up thanks to its awkward length and many layers it has so she usually just leaves it to do its own thing, the same thing goes with the front of her hair it rests at her collar bones and she leaves it alone unless she tries to tie her hair up when she works out.

Her skin is slightly tanned thanks to her going outside and working out whenever she can, as well as a few freckles that are now dotted around her face and shoulders thanks to being out in the sun. Her eyes are a light brown that hold a soft shine to them when she talks to people, and her face always seems to have a small and reassuring smile on it no matter who she's talking to or what she’s doing. Her whole body language follows that same trend, which causes her to have an open and friendly air to her. On her right wrist, she has a small burn scar on the inside of it that stretches up to the palm of her hand, which she practically covered with a star tattoo. She got the burn from a small cooking accident when she grabbed a pan she didn't realise had been used for cooking.

Mika loves jewellery; she will always be seen either wearing a small flower necklace or flower earrings, which were given to her by her mother and father before she left for Karakura. She believes that accessories really help to put an outfit together and give an air of elegance to anyone who wears them. Though she loves jewellery, she finds some of them to be over the top and usually sticks to smaller and more dainty jewellery so it doesn't overpower her features and draw attention away from her face.

She’s a very clumsy person outside of work or school, tripping or slipping on things that normal people would not fall over, so she’s always seen with a bruise or two or even some scars on her knees from where she fell over while working out; this usually means she's decorated in small colourful or patterned plasters. She decided after a while she was getting bored of the boring skin-coloured plasters and decided to try her best to find different patterns of plaster and bandages so she can always have a different design no matter what injury she manages to sustain thanks to her two left feet, because even if she is injured, she still wants the bandages or plasters to have a fun feel to them.

How does your character act on and off duty?
When on duty, Mika keeps herself professional by following the rules as best she can and doing everything in her power to make sure she doesn’t break them. Although she remains professional when on duty, she is still kind-hearted to all of her co-workers and patients who come into the hospital. She makes a point to be as friendly as she can to try and relax and comfort people who approach her so they don’t start off on the wrong foot. She’s also a lot more extroverted at work she will go out of her way to make conversation with her co-workers and even patients if she can tell their a little nervous about getting treatment.

When off duty, she is much more relaxed. She’s still friendly and kind, but she won’t go out of her way to strike up conversations with people; she will mostly focus on doing her own things and taking a break from work. She will prioritise time with her friends and family since her work is usually hectic and she doesn't get to spend time with them. That means she will make plans to go out to eat or just meet up at their homes and catch up on what's been happening in their lives recently.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Mikhäil (Mika) functions better when working with others; she likes having others around to help her with tasks and procedures that are on the difficult side. She lives by the phrase, 4 eyes are better than 2. Having more people working together means fewer mistakes happen because there are more people to catch them. However, she finds that having a group of over 3 people to be a little stressful, and it can cause more harm than good because instructions seem to be lost and are harder to follow since there can be so many people yelling/saying their ideas all at once.

Her mood also really affects if she wants to work with others. If she’s had a stressful day, she will still be open to working with others if they need help, but if she can, she would rather just do some jobs by herself to destress and take a moment to relax so she doesn’t end up snapping or making a mistake when working with a group.

On the other hand, if her day has been very relaxed and nothing bad has happened, she’d be open to working with anybody and everybody if they asked her. She enjoys working in groups and offering her opinion and input if asked by the people she's working with; however, if they don’t need her help or input and just want someone there to keep them company when they work, she doesn’t mind working in silence with them or holding small conversations if they initiate it.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Mika’s plans for the future are to continue to work in the health care industry. She finds hospital work to be her calling, and she loves doing it. There doesn’t seem to be any reason to change her work if she enjoys it. However, if she ever found herself no longer enjoying hospital work, she would love to start a family. She’s always dreamed of having a good family of her own with a loving partner and a few children, and maybe she could move somewhere quieter than Kakakura, somewhere in the countryside, and just run a small family business, maybe a café or a flower shop. It wouldn’t matter where she ended up working as long as her family was happy.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Mika is mostly perceived by others as a kind-hearted and slightly airheaded girl because no matter what, she gives people second or even third chances no matter how rude they were, and people don’t get that because most of the time when people get hurt by someone, they just cut them out and don’t talk to them again, so she must be a little empty-headed to give them another chance to upset her. Since people think she is an airhead, they assume she always has her head in the clouds and that they shouldn’t waste their time trying to talk to her.

Mika perceives herself as an understanding person; she gets that people have bad days and don’t always mean the hurtful things they say at times, and she would never hold it against them because she would hope no one would hold her bad days against her. She also sees herself as someone who is easy to talk to; she likes to think that people won’t be scared to come up to her and strike up a conversation when they need help or just want a friendly chat.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread