Dog units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naishoten

Level 40
Naishoten
Naishoten
Omega
Quick thing, I know what I'm about to talk about is currently being discussed by many individuals do to the increase in animals being played, I just thought it might be good to get it in a thread.

IGN: Servicedoggo
DATE: 12/3/21
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I suggest that we create dog units for each of the emergency departments. Each of the roles would not be server roles but instead would be done through the disguise command with the display name feature. Let me explain the medical side first as this is where some might get confused.

For the medical side of this coin I am suggesting that we add the ability for a dog player to be an EMS service dog or a public emotional support animal. There would need to be some serious talk with the person that runs the hospital as this could be a bit, well weird. Obviously with this role a service dog would have to go through training as well as be interviewed before taking on such a role for the EMS, this is extremely important as we do not need just everyone flooding into this role and making a bad name for the unit. This idea is a 1 am thought so if the EMS unit sounds dumb then yeah it probably is. I just thought it might be cool for some people to get more experience with different things as a service dog for them to learn and grow their roleplay experience and skills.

Next is the part people are already talking about, K9 units for the police. This would not only be really cool, but also add sone variety to things in Karakura police department. This one needs less explanation as it is obvious and also is being talked about by members of the server as a thing they want.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
The EMS side of this will benefit the community in allowing some dogs to feel like they are able to help people when their handler isn't on. This would allow these players to roleplay a separate pupsona that works for the hospital and does good for Karakura. This side of the coin is less likely to get adopted and I fully get why, I just thought it might be cool to share my idea.

The K9 unit side would benefit roleplay a great deal. There are dogs that are being used by gangs and police are wanting to have dogs to. With this implemented players could make a separate pupsona that they can switch to that is on the police force. The type of roleplay that could come from this would be amazingly fun. Searches, manhunts, looking for a dead body and probably many other things I can't come up with at 1 am.

All in all, it just seems kinda fun for dogs to have a little something more to do for the community if they want to be a part of these things.

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
+1 & -1

K9 Unit was already somewhat a thing in the KPD previously, I believe. I think there was reasoning on its removal, possibly since there isn't much use behind it after all. If it were to be added, I'd say it would be quite a restricted role since K9's wouldn't be used much ICly.

Along with the medical side of things, I think that idea is great but I honestly don't think it would be possible. There are not so many dogs on SRP and I'm sure there would be many people who would want an "emotional support dog". If anything, It'd just make things a lot harder for the Hospital. Put this to consideration, an announcement gets made saying that emotional support dogs are being added to the Karakura Emergency Faction, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would want that for character lore, so there would be possible line-ups of edgy characters trying to get one whilst there is only like two dogs available. Overall, I like the suggestion but I don't think it's really possible

The K9 Unit would be cool, but it would be an unnecessary role. Maybe It'd be better to privately talk to ryahb about it, since he is the police commissioner. It most likely wouldn't be a public role, since I doubt KPD would want a tonne of dogs running around when they'd barely be needed.

Another thing to mention, If K9's had too much power (e.g having the ability to detect peoples locations via it's nose) it could easily be complained about by GangRPers until it eventually gets removed. I feel like it would affect their chances of hiding and they will probably go on about it until it's removed. It could be good in most scenarios, but overall I just don't think It would work out.

MrSharkyJR

Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+
This has been suggested many times and denied, i dont think it will get accepted any time soon...

Also its not really needed in my opinion -1

Edit: here is one of many suggestions that had the same goal:
Link

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

They removed it for a reason, it should stay dead. It was a silly addition to the police force when it happened and was removed fairly quickly after it's initial arrival

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
I say -1 to this.

This has been suggested and denied many, many times

Ferri

Level 60
_Ferri
_Ferri
Notable
As a KPD member, I will have to say -1 to this.

Dog units require MORE training than a regular officer and do LESS than a human unit so I don't really see a point for them existing, at least for the current moment

Lunixiyl

Level 5
Lunixiyl
Lunixiyl
Rich

As someone who Roleplays a dog, It sounds fun. But honestly it would be extremely restricting as IRL K9 Units are only used during pursuit, bomb detecting and other things such as that, And I don't see any of those things happening on SRP, and for pursuits, I think the current KPD members can handle the pursuits and searching.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
We've denied this suggestion many times, K9 Units for Emergency faction will not be re-added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread