wethecreature

Level 98
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
What's your Minecraft Username?: wethecreature
What's the title of your suggestion?: Doing Something with the Cosmetics Menu

What's your suggestion?:
The cosmetics menu, which you can reach using /cosmetics (some of you may have never even used it), is rather... outdated and untouched. What can be used is locked behind paywalls, and then the ones that aren't locked have said Unavailable or "Coming Soon" for more than a year. I'm not sure if this is an in-progress project or anything, and I know this isn't neccessity, but polishing it, fixing it, or removing it entirely (what isn't being used) seems like a project worthwhile when other large priorities are out of the way.

not gonna lie some of these seem a little.. obnoxious for everyone to have

PARTICLE EFFECTS:
- Unuseable
- Effects meant to follow you around.

GADGETS
- Locked behind a paywall
- Functional

EMOTES
- Unusable
- Gestures already Exist.
- Perhaps we can replace this with a shortcut to the gestures menu?
- (may be available but it says that they aren't)

PETS
- Paywall
- A little... clunky.
- You can rename them with a currency called coins?

MODELS
- Locked behind a paywall
- Fully functionally

BALLOONS
- Functional... maybe?
- Paywall
- Just balloons I guess

DEATH EFFECTS
- Unusable

STATUSES
- Would actually be cool
- Unusable
- Statuses above your head. AFK, LOOKING TO CHAT, LOOKING TO RP.

MOUNTS
- Animals you can ride... but... not really.
- Unusable

MUSIC
- Unusable

BANNERS
- Wearable Banners
- Unusable

ARROW EFFECTS
- We can't... shoot arrows.

MINIATURES
- Miniature creatures that follow you around, similar to pets.
- Unusable

COINS
Cosmetics were apparently intended to have their own currency too, which we can't earn. It would be used to purchase different cosmetics and edit them.

SOURCES
Roleplay Hub | Welcome
/cosmetics

A lot of this stuff seems obnoxious to put in the hands of players while some of it actually sounds really cool! It'd be cool to be able to pay coins or something to be able to be able to be riding a horse in certain areas or something like that, not going to lie. Playing music is also cool, and statuses would be really cool.

I'm not sure what we'd do with this, but I think living them sitting there isn't the answer. Finishing this clearly unfinished interface, or removing it instead could be two good ideas.

I see some of these being a great idea to reserve for event characters and staff specifically.

Not sure what we should do with it, but doing something is a good idea. I hope to see your opinions on this. (Feel free to correct me, you Omega+ members. Maybe some of you have access to all of this)

(I'd also like to add, on a minor note, there are other unuseable and unworked on menus that have been unavailable for more than a year on SRP. Like some of the interfaces on the building editmode that aren't available, at least to normal players.)

How will this benefit the server and community?:
It isn't a huge necessity but I feel like it would just make things feel more complete. (Also it is just really clunky and feels out of place due to its nature)

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
remove cosmetics. we cant use em in rp anyway
Not in favor of deleting every single cosmetic, since there are times when we need to use them to get inside school cuz of practice/club meetings (and going to the back of school under the sewers gets annoying after a while)

Though +1 with the suggestion

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
The specific plugin that SRP uses for the cosmetics menu was intended for mini-game servers and their lobbies, which is why a lot of things feel out of place. It was also initially implemented many years ago, which is why a lot of our current cosmetic features (such as gestures) don't appear in the menu.

If they do choose to work on this cosmetics menu, I think scrapping the old plugin and making a new plugin with this server's needs in mind would be more worthwhile than trying to work with what we currently have.

Users who are viewing this thread