DrKatzz Another Faculty Suggestion!

opp

Level 50
IGN: DrKatzz

DATE: 07/07/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR
MENTION:
Adding a Command that Remind a College Student to attend classes

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: this will benefit the Faculty Or mainly Professor Fraction to adding more In class rp and fun.

though, I feel every person who is currently in college will hate this I feel like as a Current Professor it really sucks planning a class and ending up with 1-5 students- it makes classes not so fun anymore.

This will also help the fact that College students HAVE to attend classes unlike highschool students but there’s really nothing that holds college students against them from skipping classes and it’s not like every teacher wants to man hunt every student and shove them into class. Some of the new professors currently seek advice to wanting more students in classes but it’s not entirely their fault for the lack of students in class, it’s majorly the College students who don’t want to go..
Yes, I know that college students had to take exams for it but then again- They can always do it again, a lot of us really do wanna teach classes but when it comes to 1-5 students only showing up it’s nothing really getting excited for especially if you plan a big lesson for class.

How will this work?

well like I said there could be a command for employees and Professors who are not hosting that catch students who aren’t in class a Reminder.

Of course, this could benefit college students as well. College students could possibly get to classes 10 times a month and then after have the option to attend more classes or not. This will prevent teachers just abusing the command and giving college students warnings just for breathing in the hallways.

The most warnings a college student can get is 5-10 Reminders, since I am trying to keep it as how college usually is and keep it strict, If those many Reminders are reached A faculty member can see it in records and just like detentions can report it to SLT.

This command can also have a COOLDOWN for the amount of minutes for every period, so Students don’t get Reminders more than once for the same period

though I feel I will most likely get a bunch of back lash from this, this is all for the fun of classrooms and for Class role plays for new People who become apart of School Fraction, Mainly as a Professor

I am open to more suggestions! Just reply to a part of something :D

Last edited:

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
+1

I like this idea, due to it bringing more realism into the server. It also keeps the College faction more active. If you took the college exam and passed and don't join any classes. Then why did you take the exam, for a cool college role? Lol.

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+

tell the students icly to head to class. that adds more roleplay...
you can easily /record a student to see their attended classes

opp

Level 50
That would be cool but not most people listen unless threatened with detention or SLT, If it was easier to get people to go to class then I wouldn’t make a suggestion ! :)

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
That would be cool but not most people listen unless threatened with detention or SLT, If it was easier to get people to go to class then I wouldn’t make a suggestion ! :)
Personally, I think going to the main punishments are boring. I give rp when I'm asked to go to a class.

Morke

Level 38
lMorek
lMorek
Rich
-1/+1

Being part of the faculty staff myself, even though I am not a professor, I think it can be good but also detrimental at the same time. Don't forget that many students at the College, as well as High School, are on a sports team and there may be practices during class time, as has happened to me, when I had a Baseball practice during class time. At other times, there are also players who stay afk, but that's another matter.

We could keep your idea, because it's not a bad one. For all students, because that also happens with HighSchool students, even if there are more of them, in some cases we find 10-14 students and on top of that they don't pay attention to what you say. You can suggest, instead of a warning, a message saying something like "Don't forget to join classes for a better experience!" or "Looks like the classes are interesting, I'd join if I were you!".

I notice it's just an opinion, no hate, peace and love :)

NikonTheChefRP

Level 34
YourDestr0yer
YourDestr0yer
Omega
I’m gonna give this idea a +1 mainly because college lessons are mandatory and risk you to lose the college role if you don’t actually attend them most/all of the time, I’ve attended many lessons as a college student myself and I was kinda disappointed at the lack of students that had attended

NikonTheChefRP

Level 34
YourDestr0yer
YourDestr0yer
Omega
I’m gonna give this idea a +1 mainly because college lessons are mandatory and risk you to lose the college role if you don’t actually attend them most/all of the time, I’ve attended many lessons as a college student myself and I was kinda disappointed at the lack of students that had attended
Unless practices are happening sports wise of course

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1
Im a HS teacher, not college but. Im joining classes in college, and it doesnt make sense that when 330 players only fucking 5 students will join the class.

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
As professor faction lead & college dean & college student I must say that I don't think this is the best way solving this issue. Let me elaborate why:

People play schoolrp in their own free time to do something fun, if they don't find classes fun I don't think we should force them into them, giving students "warnings" for not attending classes goes a bit far. Yes, classes are mandatory ICly, but not OOCly. As shishi said it also adds extra roleplay telling them to go to classes, however, it often happens that, even as college dean, they simply don't listen.

Now we should turn this issue around and think about a way how to make classes more attractive rather than punish those who don't come to them. Possibly make classes more rewarding in some way, more interactive, and more fun than they currently are so more people would come to them.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
Now we should turn this issue around and think about a way how to make classes more attractive
I totally understand why, But I dont think this is the issue. Even if classes will be more attractive poeple wont join, And I can say from that Im joining classes some classes are totally fine and fun at some point; Giving a reminder or whatever won't hurt anyone because I see it myself people are planning classes and in the end only 2 people are showing up (like how it happened for BritishAutism not so long time ago)

I believe it will be helpful to SLIGHTLY help professors get more students.

tell the students icly to head to class
The intercom is already a thing. Professor doesn't need to search around students instead of teaching.

opp

Level 50
Yes, classes are mandatory ICly, but not OOCly.
Wouldn’t this ruin the whole view of “College Students have more Responsibility”? Though, I tried not to make it as far as to “Every class they have to come” I tried putting a certain limit and eventually there free for the rest of the month.

I agree, classes SHOULD be fun for students but please remember it should also be fun for Professors as well cause Only how Classes can truly be Fun and Eventful is if the Professor is excited to have a class.
think about a way how to make classes more attractive
This is not a very big issue at all, Students can’t expect for a professors class to be fun if they never attend classes.. Neverless even if it is fun most people still won’t go either. Most of us also do not want to flood the Intercom with a huge paragraph giving details of what’s going on in class for mostly the sake of others screens or reading.

Though, As much as I love the Professor Fraction. I truly feel the short classes is the downfall of Professors and why Only about Now the Professor fraction is so big unlike Employee and Teachers.

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
Wouldn’t this ruin the whole view of “College Students have more Responsibility”? Though, I tried not to make it as far as to “Every class they have to come” I tried putting a certain limit and eventually there free for the rest of the month.
Not really. If a college student is caught missing multiple classes, and/or has their class record pulled by an SLT. It can aid in removal of college in situations

_ImHere4You_

Level 40
IGN: DrKatzz

DATE: 07/07/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR
MENTION:
Adding a Command that Remind a College Student to attend classes

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: this will benefit the Faculty Or mainly Professor Fraction to adding more In class rp and fun.

though, I feel every person who is currently in college will hate this I feel like as a Current Professor it really sucks planning a class and ending up with 1-5 students- it makes classes not so fun anymore.

This will also help the fact that College students HAVE to attend classes unlike highschool students but there’s really nothing that holds college students against them from skipping classes and it’s not like every teacher wants to man hunt every student and shove them into class. Some of the new professors currently seek advice to wanting more students in classes but it’s not entirely their fault for the lack of students in class, it’s majorly the College students who don’t want to go..
Yes, I know that college students had to take exams for it but then again- They can always do it again, a lot of us really do wanna teach classes but when it comes to 1-5 students only showing up it’s nothing really getting excited for especially if you plan a big lesson for class.

How will this work?

well like I said there could be a command for employees and Professors who are not hosting that catch students who aren’t in class a Reminder.

Of course, this could benefit college students as well. College students could possibly get to classes 10 times a month and then after have the option to attend more classes or not. This will prevent teachers just abusing the command and giving college students warnings just for breathing in the hallways.

The most warnings a college student can get is 5-10 Reminders, since I am trying to keep it as how college usually is and keep it strict, If those many Reminders are reached A faculty member can see it in records and just like detentions can report it to SLT.

This command can also have a COOLDOWN for the amount of minutes for every period, so Students don’t get Reminders more than once for the same period

though I feel I will most likely get a bunch of back lash from this, this is all for the fun of classrooms and for Class role plays for new People who become apart of School Fraction, Mainly as a Professor

I am open to more suggestions! Just reply to a part of something :D
+1

a massive plus one from the HS teacher.
this also tends to happen to HS classes and it just drains the fun of being a teacher.

_ImHere4You_

Level 40
Not really. If a college student is caught missing multiple classes, and/or has their class record pulled by an SLT. It can aid in removal of college in situations
most if not all the time it doesn't happen at all. theres simply too much students skipping we can't keep pulling them for SLT ;shrug;

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1 Think SRP needs to be attempting to be more extreme in getting the people in class. Honestly a command that fills classes immediately at random would be a better feature. Say a professors want to teach a class and wants 20 occupants? A random 20 college tags would be forced to attend. SRP used to be more hard on people not showing up, they need to really dig into the old groove of things.

if your -1'ing it chances are you are one of the people who don't show up to classes in the first place.

As professor faction lead & college dean & college student I must say that I don't think this is the best way solving this issue. Let me elaborate why:

People play schoolrp in their own free time to do something fun, if they don't find classes fun I don't think we should force them into them, giving students "warnings" for not attending classes goes a bit far. Yes, classes are mandatory ICly, but not OOCly. As shishi said it also adds extra roleplay telling them to go to classes, however, it often happens that, even as college dean, they simply don't listen.

Now we should turn this issue around and think about a way how to make classes more attractive rather than punish those who don't come to them. Possibly make classes more rewarding in some way, more interactive, and more fun than they currently are so more people would come to them.

If classes are mandatory ICly then they should ALSO be enforced ICly with IC punishments such as expulsions automatically via a class-inactivity plugin. Yes people play SRP for fun -- but they can do that as a High schooler like the rest of the server.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

you can easily /record a student to see their attended classes
This was my first thought upon opening the thread.

But I like the idea reading through some of the replies,

+1 Think SRP needs to be attempting to be more extreme in getting the people in class. Honestly a command that fills classes immediately at random would be a better feature. Say a professors want to teach a class and wants 20 occupants? A random 20 college tags would be forced to attend. SRP used to be more hard on people not showing up, they need to really dig into the old groove of things.

if your -1'ing it chances are you are one of the people who don't show up to classes in the first place.

If classes are mandatory ICly then they should ALSO be enforced ICly with IC punishments such as expulsions automatically via a class-inactivity plugin. Yes people play SRP for fun -- but they can do that as a High schooler like the rest of the server.
I totally understand why, But I dont think this is the issue. Even if classes will be more attractive poeple wont join, And I can say from that Im joining classes some classes are totally fine and fun at some point; Giving a reminder or whatever won't hurt anyone because I see it myself people are planning classes and in the end only 2 people are showing up (like how it happened for BritishAutism not so long time ago)

I believe it will be helpful to SLIGHTLY help professors get more students.

The intercom is already a thing. Professor doesn't need to search around students instead of teaching.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread