Vibeey
Vibeey
Fundraiser+
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN:
ParadoxApparent
(Main: Vibeey)

Note: My applying account might still have the teacher role. Please disregard this as I have decided to resign.

Previous bans:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server?:
So far, I judge my activity to be decent and relatively consistent. I returned to SRP in mid-April after a year and a half long break. Since then, I've been online almost every day for a few hours each (1-5 hours). Please note that this number would increase greatly if I were to be accepted since it'd give me a new role to look forward to; more specifically, another motivation to be on the server for longer. I also believe that my schedule is flexible and that I can organize my time accordingly. In other words, I could easily invest a lot of time on my EMS character and attend both training and meetings.

Which timezone are you in?:
GMT+2 / CEST (Germany)

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:
My discord is: The Paradox#0300

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do.

List your current and past applications:

On a chronological order:

English Teacher Application [ACCEPTED]
Burmese Application [ACCEPTED]
Age Change [ACCEPTED]
2020 - Lore Team Application [DENIED]
College application (2020, no longer on forums) [ACCEPTED]
French Application [ACCEPTED]
Russian Application [ACCEPTED]

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
I have been in the college track team on two occasions: in the second half of 2020 as well as now. It is a team that requires a lot of detailRP to be able to handle properly, and I believe that my time there has significantly increased my detailing skills. We are found creating actions filled with knowledge of posture and mechanical aspects for both practice and all-day occasions relatively often, so I am in no way a stranger in the field. While I, as a player, am someone who prefers to put lots of detail into as many scenarios as I can, I've acknowledged that this still was not enough for me, and that being part of the EMS could fill this empty space as it may be more suitable for me than other roles.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:
I am looking to become part of the EMS in order to accumulate RP experience in a field that I'd be able to commit to on the long term. While I can't say that the medical field is one that caught my eye from the get-go (OOCLY as I'm more of a psychology person), the mere concept of emergency services still intrigues me a lot; hence the uploaded application that you are reading. This also brings me to my second point, which is that of interest: I have noticed how the EMS is a crucial part of SRP in terms of realism and importance. As mentioned in the previous question, I am the kind who's driven by detailRP, which means that the aspects of detailing and realism combined make up for the perfect role in my eyes. To put it clearly, I would be more than happy to play with this role if given the opportunity! Plus, the mere idea of seeing a character that I've spent hours and hours developing become a doctor fills me with nothing but excitement (yes, I really enjoyed writing this application too).

My presence will be a benefit to your current team because I will commit a lot of effort into improving myself as well as the things around me. I will be heavily contributing in terms of activity, support as well as personal input when requested, and can also be trusted when it comes to finishing things on time as well as producing quality work. I would also like to point out that I am someone who tries to keep things as interesting and orderly as possible, which is why I believe that having me around would change things for the better.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):
I am applying for the position of Doctor.

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
A doctor's duty is to preserve their patients' health through medical practices which include diagnoses, consultation and treatment. They may experience cases ranging from minor to severe and are expected and qualified to handle each one with the knowledge that they have acquired throughout their time as students and professional workers. Doctors must also ensure that their relationships with patients and coworkers are stable and built from mutual trust.
The role of a doctor is diverse since its field is a vast one. This can be seen early on during studies as well as professionally; doctors may specialize in dozens of different categories, like dermatology, endocrinology, pathology, gynecology, and even dentistry. Meanwhile, there are also those whose professions envelop a general knowledge of medicine, which earns them the name "general practitioner", who usually work either independently or in a clinic. In this case, Karakura's doctors do not seem to be specialized in a certain field; instead, they are in charge of treating patients no matter their condition (unless surgeons and/or psychiatrists are better suited to provide treatment).

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:

Note: There may very well be misinterpretations on my end. I have not been part of the EMS before, so it is likely that some of the higher-ups information is not accurate despite all of the proof search I've done. Of course, I've done my best to keep this as accurate as possible.

Hospital Director
The director is the head of the facility. They are in charge of supervising their staff as well as handling all sorts of outside matters like legal aspects, financial / budgetal aspects, and cooperation with other facilities for things like internships. They hold the final word on all decisions made within the hospital and holds the reputation of both the facility as well as the employees on their shoulders.

Clinical Manager
Acting as a 'right hand' for the director, they oversee the administrative matters in the hospital while also hiring and keeping an eye on employees. They are the one in charge with the new colleagues' training as well as scheduling and may also organize meetings in order to remain on track with both daily happenings and goals.

Clinical Lead
A clinical lead is at the head of their own branch (in this case: surgeon/doctor/psychiatrist). They are the first set of higher-ups to be in charge of more administrative-related things, overseeing their respective subordinates and also keeping an eye on others, as communication is expected. They also have a duty to ensure that the quality of life of both patients and employees remains positive and stable.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○

Head of Department
Same as for clinical leads: there may only be one head department per... well, department (which consist of surgeon/doctor/psychiatrist), except they are not as involved with the administrative side of things. Instead, they have earned their position by displaying both expertise and experience in their field and are also considered to be the most trusted employee of their branch. HDs are expected to be capable of performing well in their own profession.

Surgeons
The role of surgeons in a medical facility is one of the more important since they are the ones behind major procedures (in other words, they save lives). Surgeons diagnose any conditions in patients that would need to be cured through surgery, and then provide treatment according to the procedures that were done by them. It is preferred that the surgeon in charge treats each of their patients individually, as the process of healing heavily depends on what is advised to them as well as the side effects that could appear.

Doctors
(Refer to the question above for my full statement on this department.)

Psychiatrists
While other departments focus on physical health more than anything, psychiatrists are most involved in preserving patients' psychological health. They are specialized in identifying any emotional, mental and/or behavioral abnormalities in order to provide a diagnosis as well as appropriate treatment; methods may include medication and consultation/psychotherapy. In contrary to psychologists, psychiatrists require medical education in order to begin a profession and are the only ones allowed to provide chemical substances to patients.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I fully understand that.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
While I do have a separate account (in Col-Track), I promise that I will dedicate myself to this role as much as possible as it was my decision to apply.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I will make sure that this never happens.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Absolutely.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

[!] A picture of a woman in her mid-twenties would be attached below.

Harper is a US-American woman at a height of 5'8 who has surprisingly pale skin, platinum blonde hair and sharp facial features. Her eyes are hazel brown, her nose long, and her eyebrows elf-like. She has a slim, rectangular body shape with very little body fat and a weight of approximately 130 pounds. That would be considered quite low for her range, but there is not much that can be done due to those high stress levels of hers. She is often seen with a rather tired expression, a pair of glasses tucked in her shirt, and also tends to lean on her left leg in order to rest her weight.

Many traits of hers are left unappreciated when she is looked at. Her thin lips give her a mysterious accent when pressed together, her often crossed arms compliment her posture which makes her appear bold and composed, and her style of clothes strongly reflect her reserved yet curious personality. Her voice, while rarely heard, has a rather unusual tone; quite cunning and low-pitched, as one would say. She also tends to speak quickly with lots of intonation put into her words.

What are they like on and off the job?

You most likely have never seen someone represent the words "straight to the point" any better than Harper has. When on duty or in a working environment, she does not bother with idle chatter and instead prefers to finish things off as fast and efficiently as possible. Anything futile is instantly cast away by her... this can range from information given by patients to suggestions of movies made by people who are speaking to her. One could say that she has a particularly strong sense of responsibility, autonomy and priority, because she is never seen relaxing whenever she finishes her work; Harper will always try to have things done in advance or even help her other coworkers with their duties. Unfortunately, she rarely communicates with them in situations other than those that require cooperation. Who knows, maybe if she accepted more help from others, she could have finished her work earlier...? Maybe she would not find herself accidentally forgetting to eat lunch if she let others persuade her either.

Luckily though, she seems to be much more relaxed when away from work. As someone who likes quiet places, she is often spotted in places like parks, her own apartment, and most important of all, the common library. Indeed, Harper has loved reading since she was little. She would most likely not hesitate to bring people she trusts with her and recommend her favorite fictions to them... but the problem is that she only knows a few adults, most of them being her coworkers. Her little weakness is her inability to grow deep bonds with others. While she is perfectly capable of holding conversations with multiple people, her current condition prevents her from acts as simple as maintaining eye contact. Therefore, Harper is known as the "shy one", and why most of her time off is spent alone doing activities that are individual.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?

As said before, she is not seen interacting with others often due to her nature. That's why Harper is seen as the one woman who prefers to stay and do things by herself when in a work environment. Of course, this never stops her from seeking help from her coworkers and offer help in return, but this is done clumsily since she was forced to adapt to the social code quickly. While she sees them as mere people who have gone through different hardships to make it to where they are now, Harper still maintains a positive attitude towards them. She is just... avoidant, to put it in simple terms.

What many could tell is that she has not broken out of her shell yet. Due to her childhood and overall interactions with her parents, Harper has been driven to go on autopilot mode whenever it came to any important life decisions. This includes her future; she trusts family and close friends to do it for her since they 'see her in another perspective' and 'can tell what would be best for her'. While that may be considered a negative personality trait, Harper has not realized this yet, and plans to keep doing what she does in the present until something forces her to stop. Indeed, she has grown up with the mindset that she should be skilled at the things she does and decided to apply this to her work life.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?
Harper has a bad eyesight. Her shortsightedness is estimated to be of a -4.0 measurement on both eyes, which is why having either contact lenses or glasses with her is a must.
She has also been diagnosed with high-functioning ASD at the age of nineteen, though it is not very visible on the daily. One must know her or work with her for medium amounts of time in order to notice the trait.

BACKSTORY

Harper Morgana Donovan was born on a stormy afternoon in the center of Phoenix, Arizona. The infant's presence was an unexpected one amongst the family; her father's constant absences and her mother's tight schedule made it look impossible for any newborns like Harper to be raised properly… Or at least, that is what was commonly believed, as the small family soon moved to Germany due to her father's required presence in a military base. This eventually rendered Harper's mother jobless, which meant that the girl now had someone to care for her and that her early childhood would be more peaceful.

Over the years, Harper slowly began to accustom herself to the language as well as her lifestyle as a pupil. The same cannot be said about her adaptability in terms of social life and behavior, but she persisted through the many challenges that she faced. She was often found speaking her mind because of how talkative she was and constantly struggled due to her sensitivity. Her poor concentration, however, was the one condition that stood out the most; Harper did not have it easy. One could say that this even earned her the pity and disrespect of other children and adults. Seemingly alone, her mother and her favorite fantasy novels were said to be her only company for the many years to come.

Once her childhood was over, Harper was already part of an international high school in the vicinity of Frankfurt. Studies was the one thing that was forced on her as well as the one and only thing that she focused on. With her father's expectations looming over her, grades eventually became what dictated her self-worth. Rare were the occasions where Harper was seen enjoying her free time; rare were the times where she was seen doing something as crucial as relaxing, and countless weeks went by without change. After what had seemed like an eternity for her, Harper was eventually gifted a laptop at the age of sixteen. There, she discovered her passion for Asian culture and languages and changed her whole life with it.

As the time finally came to enroll for a university, Harper witnessed a tragedy. In the middle of June's night, her mother was found dead in her car which appeared to have crashed. The causes behind it had not been specified, but it was later revealed to her that the absence of clinical staff had doomed the older woman to perish alone. This loss put Harper through constant suffering, but also gave her an ulterior motive for completing her medicine studies in China. Academic-wise, her record was perfect. It looked like she had everything she needed to succeed. Health-wise, though? Not so much; Harper severely lacked in stress tolerance. She eventually graduated with a master's degree and close to no hope in her future.

Unknown circumstances eventually led Harper to Japan; there, she started looking for employment while also traveling and exploring the country's culture. Working part-time jobs while searching for a longer term one, she also looked for people to associate with. No luck, though. Her issues had followed her since childhood. The woman you see now is the woman who is looking to become a doctor at Karakura's hospital, and also a woman who is looking to make her own life a better one.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:
Harper Morgana Donovan

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss

Characters Given Name(s):
Ana

Characters Preferred Name:
Harper

Characters Age:
(DOB: November 27th 1995)

Characters Gender:
Female

Characters Religious Domination:
Non-religious (Atheist)

Characters Marital Status:
Single

Characters Nationality:
US-American

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:
One year post-studies

Working Experience(s):
Summer job: Part-time caretaker at an orphans’ institute in Wuhan, China (2015)
Bachelors degree 1-year internship at a reputed clinic in Wuhan, China (2018)

Academic Degree:
Masters degree in medicine

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Medicine

Minor(s):
-

Native Languages:
English
German

Other Languages:
Japanese (& JSL)
Chinese

------------------------------------

[!] Thank you for taking the time to read this application.

Escuzme

Level 193
Escuzme
Escuzme
Omega
We appreciate you taking the time to apply, and we hope you're glad to hear your application has been accepted!
Refer to the Emergency discord upon seeing this.​

Users who are viewing this thread