players online

Accepted English Teacher Application

wourthy

Level 18
wourthy
wourthy
Omega
What is your Minecraft username?: authenticcs

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Yes, it’s authenticities#2830

How old are you? (Optional): 15

What is your timezone?: PST (Pacific Standard Time)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I do acknowledge that if I am inactive, I will be demoted.

Describe your activity on the server: I am very active on the server. I usually log on in the mornings, depending on how much schoolwork I have that day on the weekdays. On the weekends I log on more, for hours, although I do take breaks in between during the week.

Do you have any previous bans?: No, I do not.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/filipino-application-redo.30472/ ACCEPTED)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.33452/ ACCEPTED)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/r-k-rank.33583/ (ACCEPTED)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/teaching-assistant-application.34544/ (DENIED)

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

My current role on this account is high school, 17, and on my main account is college, 20.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I want to be a teacher for a few reasons. For a while now, I have been interested in becoming a teacher OOcly for a few months, but never gotten the chance to take the time to write a whole application. I believe that the SchoolRP aspect is not that out there, and I would want to help revive that aspect of the server since it's based on School. I believe that teaching students would be a good experience for my character ICly, and OOcly wise, would expand Koharu’s roleplay experience.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Class logs are used for teachers to record each lesson that they teach for that day, along with other activities, such as tests, quizzes, etc. Once the teachers have marked the certain assignments, they use the class logs to document their student’s results, along with their attitude during each class session. These class logs can be reviewed by senior staff to ensure that they have reached the teacher expectations.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

I would first bring up the idea to the senior staff members who have the ability to either accept or deny, class field trip ideas. If they accept one of my field trip ideas, then I will start to do deep research on the location that I would like to take all of my students. Once I finish with that, I will create a field trip slip to hand out to students, pick a deadline for when they will have to turn it in, and while they do that, I will plan on which staff member/s will go with me during that trip, so that all students are in good hands.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

-Make sure to respect all students and the teacher, with no exceptions

-Try your best to complete the work assigned by the teacher if possible

-Do not use your phone or any other electronic device during a lesson

-Bring required equipment to class if possible, such as pencils, pens, and a notebook

-No alcohol, cigarettes, or other things in the classroom, along with the entire school premises

-Make sure to tidy your area when the class session is over. If there are any spills, make sure to clean them, or trash on the ground, make sure to throw the trash away, even if it isn’t yours

-Have fun! Even though some people may not enjoy class, try to make the best out of it, have fun and make friends

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have quite a lot of experience in different types of roleplays on SchoolRP. Such as CombatRP, GangRP, a little bit of adultrp, and having the experience of working at a job, which gave me the experience to talk to many people.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD:
Head of the Apartment. Someone who is very experienced in the teaching department, and overlooks the lower classed teachers, along with assisting the newer teachers if needed. They also make sure that the syllabus is being taught correctly and all the students are getting the education that they need,

- QT: Qualified Teacher. Someone who has been trained, and is trained well enough to train the Newly qualified teachers. They would be able to teach them methods in order to help them conduct classes that reach the teaching expectations.

- NQT: Newly Qualified Teacher. Someone who is new to the school faculty, and is a new teacher. They are allowed to ask for assistance on teaching classes since they're new, and to get tips from more experienced teachers on how to improve their classes.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers have the overall job to look after students, and ensure that they have a good education, and to make sure that every single student is safe on school grounds. Teachers are required to pay close attention to their student’s work, and make sure that they are on task unless told otherwise. They are required to have patience for their students, since some take a little more time to process what they learned that day. Teachers are also expected to be open to new ideas overall. If one of their students has a disability, they need to be respectful of them, and may need to moderate some of the certain assignments that are given out to that particular student, or students. All of this goes for in game and out of game. ICly, teachers can earn about 300,000 per 15 classes that they host each month. They are able to receive bonuses by holding extra classes. Teachers are meant to teach with pride, but not so prideful to the point where they can’t see when they are in the wrong. Teachers are most definitely not meant to be perfect, as that would hold an unrealistic expectation towards the students. During their free time, they can do whatever they want, as long as they hold a good reputation that will leave a good impact on the school itself.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

The main part of a school roleplay server is the teaching aspect. Since this server is based off of school, there would be teachers that bring that aspect to life, which makes them important. They host classes, and are the ones who work on the daily when it isn’t a weekend. Without teachers, this server wouldn’t have the school aspect that is needed, and it would most likely be based off of something else instead.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The school lesson planning system is well organized to be an important schedule for students everyday for student’s learning.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Koharu is a 27 year old Japanese female, who was born in the city of Karakura, Japan. She’d stand at 5’0, and would weigh around 135 lbs, as she would have a slightly curved figure. She’d have black wavy hair, and dark brown eyes along with slightly tanned skin.

You’d normally see Koharu wearing oversized clothing, such as an oversized sweater with dark washed jeans.

You’d always see Koharu with a blank expression on her face. Due to her rough past, Koharu seems narcissistic, and cold at first, before you really get to know her to the point where she isn’t the cold person she seems like first hand. Koharu is very caring when you get to know her. She is very good at talking to people about their parents, due to her unfortunate past. She doesn’t have many friends, but instead a small group of friends that all care for each other.

Ever since she was a young child, Koharu has always dreamt of becoming a teacher one day. Although growing up was tough, Koharu managed to get around and had found many positive aspects in life, involving socializing with others. As she grew older, she volunteered as a teaching assistant at a nearby school in her hometown for a few years, before moving to Karakura, High School in order to hopefully be hired as a full time English Teacher. Koharu initially plans to become a teacher for a long time, as she is able to handle students very well, and understands each and every one of them individually.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

If I were to find a gang of delinquents in the hallways that were cursing and swearing, I’d first off walk up to the group of students. Questioning them, asking them why they are swearing. Right after, I’d give them a fair warning to not say those words again, in hopes of moving along with my day and not having to worry about it. If they swear again, I would give them a second warning, telling them that if they do this one more time there would consequences. If the students continue to further disobey the simple order that I had placed on them, I would immediately send them to the principals office, due to misbehaver, and see what type of punishment or consequence they will end up getting for their actions.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

First off, I would try to get the students to listen to me by putting my finger onto my mouth, attempting to shush the class, as well as I can. If this doesn’t work, I would clap my hands, in order to try and collect everyone’s attention. If this doesn’t work, I would go near the front of the classroom, and would switch the light off, which would most likely catch the majority of the student’s attention, making them wonder what happened to the light. If needed, I would take certain students outside of the classroom, giving them warnings, and tell them to listen next time instead of being disruptive.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Koharu would walk inside of the teacher’s lounge, ready to relax after teaching a few classes before hand. She’d plop herself onto the couch, pulling out her small novel out of her backpack, that was about health and the human body. She’d start to read the book, while also pulling out a small granola bar from the inside of her backpack, eating it slowly. Koharu would wave at the other employees as they would walk into the room, although not saying much, she’d greet them with a warm smile.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me She’d walk over to the middle of the classroom, waving to all of the students with a warm smile on her face.

/me She’d pop the top off of a marker, as she would begin to write the lesson on the white board.

/me She’d slowly walk around the room, glancing at the students as they would do their work quietly.

/me She’d lean back in her chair at her desk, as she would take a quick bite of her apple, while watching over the students from her desk.

Backstory

Koharu Tamura Kubo was born in the city of Karakura, Japan, on May 24th, 1993. She was the first child to be born, before her sister Ume, and was raised by her mother, since her father wasn’t present at her birth. Koharu and her sister both attended a nearby school, during their elementary and middle school years, before going their separate ways for the time being in the future. When Koharu was 17, her mother had unfortunately passed away, leaving her and Ume alone. Koharu developed depression, and was diagnosed not too long after her mother had passed away. She eventually left Karakura, and went to Korea, in order to get away from everything, and hopefully start a new life. Spending time in Korea had helped Koharu get over the death of her mother, and helped her develop into a better, and more social person. She learned the language during the time that she was in Korea, and came back 3 years later to attend Karakura, College full time. Being back in the city of Karakura, was a bit hard for her. During the first couple of days that she was back, the memories of her mother passing away had hit even harder this time, which put her back into a depressed state. Eventually, Koharu graduated from the Karakura College, with a bachelor's degree in English and Health, making her relatives proud. A few years later, Koharu got hired as a teaching assistant, and eventually wanted to become a full time teacher. She worked towards all of her goals and dreams and eventually applied to become an English teacher. She hopes that all of the work that she does in the end is worth and, and can be accomplished by her.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name: Koharu Tamura Kubo

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss

Given Name(s): Koharu, Koha

Preferred Name: Koharu

Age (Minimum is 27): 26

Religious Denomination: Atheist

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 2

Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree: Bachelors

Year of Graduation: 2015

Major(s): English, Health

Minors: Science, Psychology

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: JSL, English,

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: None

Preferred Teaching Subject: English

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of English Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread