horimiya
currently inlvoe with percy jackson
alice in broedalnd
sweet home
at a distance spring is green
ummm... i can ramble of these more in dms foreals

Mialyansa

Level 61
I dont have a favourite but I have a long list.
Not listed in any specific order.

Series
  • Arcane (Just as Spiderverse did, Arcane pushed the limits of animation. The character development is a crash course in how to write chrarcter conflicts and the script is great. I almost stated playing LOL because of it)
  • Rick & Morty (It is not a deep series. Has a neat script. It's personality is so strong that it makes fun of the viewers when they want it to be something it is not)
  • Final Space (A great series. Contrary to popular belief the series is not unfinished, the creator managed to make a graphic novel with the ending of it)
  • Dragon Prince (Neat series, good for all family)
  • Godspeed (From the creators of Final Space, this time it is an independent Pilot and Netflix is not going to fuck up the show)
  • JoJo's (The 3 first seasons are great and funny.)
  • AOT (A political and strategic anime in a somewhat fantastical world. The script is excellent. The animation has it's own personality.)
  • Vox machina (A really good D&D series. Very enjoyable. One drawback is that I am getting very tired of them defeating the great boss with a s3x Joke)

Films
  • Die hard (One of the first, "shoot everything that moves" films where the main character isn't a bullet sponge nor pushes his luck too much. Very enjoyable, aged like wine)
  • John Wick (Entretaining. The scenarios are surreal and I love them. Most of the time the film is realistic)
  • Spiderverse (It was a revolution for the Spiderman media and for the animation world)
  • Guardians of the galaxy (Nice saga)
  • Bullet Train (It has a very similar style to tarantinos movie but outside of "copy or refernce" drama it is an excellent film, with an excellent character presentation)
  • Kill Bill (I am very tired of adding descriptions. Give it a chance tho)
  • Dune (Artistic master piece. It has made me see the space genre in a whole different way. If you watch it thinking it should be a "better star wars", you will ruin your experience, be open minded)
  • Family Plan (Funny and all members of the family.)
  • Poirot (Great film. Is a more serious take on detectives even sometimes unnerving. Poirot is very underrated and so is Ms Agatha)

Comics, books maybe manga
  • Vox machina (Yes again. The comics are good and fun to read. I doesn't have the S3x jokes problem here)
  • The Kane Chronicles (From the creator of Percy Jackson. Good books)
  • The cruel Prince (A dark fantasy novel. about: fantasy politics, power corruption and living with fear)
  • Lalin's Curse (a wreat webcomic. Great art. Interesting characters.)
  • Blacksad (If you are into the noir genre you are gonna like this.)

Last edited:

SIMPL3Z

Level 101
Community Team
Lore Team

SIMPL3Z

Level 101
Community Team
Lore Team

Series
  • Arcane (Just as Spiderverse did, Arcane pushed the limits of animation. The character development is a crash course in how to write chrarcter conflicts and the script is great. I almost stated playing LOL because of it)
  • Rick & Morty (It is not a deep series. Has a neat script. It's personality is so strong that it makes fun of the viewers when they want it to be something it is not)
  • Final Space (A great series. Contrary to popular belief the series is not unfinished, the creator managed to make a graphic novel with the ending of it)
  • Godspeed (From the creators of Final Space, this time it is an independent Pilot and Netflix is not going to fuck up the show)
  • AOT (A political and strategic anime in a somewhat fantastical world. The script is excellent. The animation has it's own personality.)
  • Vox machina (A really good D&D series. Very enjoyable. One drawback is that I am getting very tired of them defeating the great boss with a s3x Joke)

Films
  • Die hard (One of the first, "shoot everything that moves" films where the main character isn't a bullet sponge nor pushes his luck too much. Very enjoyable, aged like wine)
  • John Wick (Entretaining. The scenarios are surreal and I love them. Most of the time the film is realistic)
  • Spiderverse (It was a revolution for the Spiderman media and for the animation world)
  • Bullet Train (It has a very similar style to tarantinos movie but outside of "copy or refernce" drama it is an excellent film, with an excellent character presentation)
  • Dune (Artistic master piece. It has made me see the space genre in a whole different way. If you watch it thinking it should be a "better star wars", you will ruin your experience, be open minded)
  • Poirot (Great film. Is a more serious take on detectives even sometimes unnerving. Poirot is very underrated and so is Ms Agatha)

• Vox machina (Yes again. The comics are good and fun to read. I doesn't have the S3x jokes problem here)
  • The cruel Prince (A dark fantasy novel. about: fantasy politics, power corruption and living with fear)
Bro went all out on this one holy hell. (I'm gonna copy you shamelessly now)

SIMPL3Z

Level 101
Community Team
Lore Team
following up on me shamelessly copying Hymol

I do have to say that I also don't have favorites, but I've always had this list. No this isn't part of the script.

Series
- Brooklyn-99. (My therapy, my love, my everything. Big recommender if you like stupid humor.)
- The office. (Not even gonna say anything)
- Spongebob. (I mean, c'mon now)
- Gilmore Girls (I watched this the first time with my parents, and just. I don't even know how to describe it, it's just so amazing.)
- Love, Death + Robots. (This is an AMAZING 'series'. This is a BIG recommender if you like horror movies. It's a series with no consecutive 'story'. The episodes in this 'series' are all new and uniquely thought of horror stories, all drawn and animated in different styles per episode, as each episode was made by someone else. I don't even really like horror that much, but I loved this series.)
- Night Agent is an awesome kind of 'small' series of a white house worker having to do some rescue stuff. It's essentially an entire movie in itself but broke down to pieces in 50-minute-long episodes.)

I don't watch Series too much, so I'm just gonna add on a bunch of 'mini-series' I've seen. Practically just 60-minute movies about 1 topic.

- The spy. (This has to be one of my personal favorites. The Spy is an amazing 'mini-series' of 6, 50+ minute episodes about an Egyptian man who has to conduct spy work for the Israeli government in Syria. A beautiful true story series showing the story.)
- Tokyo Trial (An amazing Mini-series of 4 episodes about the Tokyo Trial, which for anyone who doesn't know, is the trial of the Japanese government /army leaders after Japan's surrender in WOII. It is the 'Neurenburg' (German WOII trial) of Asia.
- The Cuba Libre Story. (Essentially a documentary about Cuba Libre and its prison there during the Cold War. Super interesting, but I am somewhat of a history geek.)

MOVIES (this is a lot)
- Prisoners. (One of my high-tier favorites. Prison is an amazing psychological thriller about a father whose daughter gets kidnapped, and we the viewer get to witness his story and view whilst we too try to figure out what happened.)
- Fight Club. (A returning favorite, an absolute cinematic masterpiece created for its time. Its entire aesthetic, vibe, and story are so well thought out and beautifully played out. It's such an 'off-beat' movie if you just read the title alone, and it REALLY isn't about what you think it is.)
- The Talented Mr. Ripley. (This movie is absolutely beautiful. The Talented Mr. Ripley is such an interesting movie for its rather unclear plot. Sometimes it feels like you are just watching a vlog of Mr. Ripley his life with his newly found friends. A beautiful movie made in Italy as well, only just adding to the beauty of it.)
- Baby Driver (Baby Driver is such a good movie. Most definitely a car movie, and perhaps a more 'stereotypical' movie in the sense that: You have a good guy - something happened in his past - he falls in love - and defeats the bad guys. But overall the plot is incredibly made, and the movie is full of details, such as in one scene where the main character is listening to a song all the lyrics and vibes start to appear on the walls, windows, ground, floor, etc. adore this movie.)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (how could I, the money gamer himself, not put this one on here? Unironically it is still one of my favorite movies and such a good movie overall. Actors to their acting, plot of the movie which all is also true-story, which is something I can very much appreciate. This was a big inspiration to Tsujii Koryusai his creation.
- The Big Short (on trend with The Wolf of Wallstreet, the Big Short is another true-story movie about a fuck ton of money going into someone's pockets, but also now out of not someone's pockets, but the entire world's. It's a dark-comedy almost documentary about how a few people managed to profit off of the Great Recession, or other known as the 2008 global financial crisis.)
- Mosul (A rather short movie or that is how I experienced it, but a beautiful one. Mosul is about A young police agent who ends up joining an Iraqi militia to fight against ISIS in the destroyed city of Mosul. A very interesting story to see, and something that grabs your attention. Big recommendation.)
- The Killer (A newer movie, made by the same director as Fight Club, and again is a cinematic masterpiece. The story is VERY unique and it was not at all what I expected it to be, and the entire movie was just different, in the sense that I couldn't predict what was going to happen, which kept me on the edge of my seat all the time. Loved watching this one.)
- München, Im angesicht des kriege (Otherwise known as it's english translation: Munic, on the edge of war. Is an amazing German WOII movie about the British Prime Minister's secretary who has to conduct a spy operation at the Convention of Munic, trying to meet up with an old German friend of his he met at Oxford. Overall the story is amazing, and again, it is a true story.)
- The Guilty. (This was a movie unlike I've ever seen before. You follow and uncover the story of a 911 call center employee. And from his POV, a 911 call center is where the entire movie plays out. It leaves a lot up for imagination but it also surprisingly puts a very good image on everything that you can't even see. A beautifully and emotionally grasping movie.)
- WHOAMI, Kein system ist sicher. German movie, but it's also such a good movie. I loved watching this one not only because of the language barrier but also merely for its interesting story, of a young man who is confessing this entire story about how they hacked governments and so much more that I simply won't spoil for u guys :3 )
- Hejter (A Polish movie! I loved this movie again for its intriguing plot and the language barrier, and this movie is darker than I expected it to be, nonetheless with a plot similar but also different from WHOAMI, Kein system ist sicher. I enjoyed watching this movie a lot, definitely a recommendation.)

Okay, I realized I wrote quite a lot, but I'm not even done. So I'm just gonna be listing titles now with very short descriptions...
- The Irishman (Beautiful movie, godfather-like. Also 3 hours long)
- Oppenheimer (I don't even know how, except Ido, but I almost cried whilst watching this. Go watch it.)
- Bullet Train (Amazing comedy action movie. Loved it, loved Brad Pitt)
- The Gentlemen (An amazing British movie, with a cool plot, all from the story of a written film script someone is trying to sell)
- A Time to Kill (This movie is BEAUTIFUL. It's so intense and so grasping, loved every second of it.)
- The Coldest Game (Innocent chess player has to spy on the Soviet Union, amazing. True story!)
- The Courier (Innocent British man has to spy on the Soviet Union! True story as well)
- The Pianist (The life of a Jewish pianist during WOII. I cried.)
- Operation Finale (A group of Israeli people has found out where Adolf Eichmann, a bad German 1940 guy, is in Argentina after he fled. So now they're gonna try put him on trial in Israel for justice. TRUE STORY!!!)
- Anon (WOOW BEAT SWITCH! Amazing Cyberpunk/Sci-fi) movie about cops trying to find someone who hacks people in the flesh. Yeah like not online, no IRL)
- Total Recall (Another Cyberpunk/Sci-fi movie about a spy who 'pops back on the grid', more I won't say. :3 GO WATCH IT)/
- Dune (I watched this with the mind of 'Better Star Wars' but really, it turned out to be its own unique thing. What a beautiful cinematic masterpiece.)
- The Creator (Another Sci-fi movie about the battle of humans against A.I. Weirdly relevant and filled with a bit of action, but also a very unique story.)
- District 9 (A documentary-styled Sci-fi movie, which already makes it cool, about a company that is in charge of human and earth-alien affairs. loved it)
- Se7en (I had to rewatch this on an empty stomach, but it's such a scary, thrilling, and amazing cinematic masterpiece.Made by the same director as Fight Club and The Killer!!!!)
- Penguins of Madagascar (Who doesn't love our penguin buddies. No, but in all seriousness, still a classic piece to watch whenever I'm bored)
- 22 July (Gut-wrenching true story movie about a terrible attack in Norway. Go watch it, good movie, just such a dark story)
- 1917 (I'll admit, this isn't a great movie, however, I love it for its cinematic style, in that it is a '1-shot film', meaning no jump cuts, no different angles of a scene, everything is shot at once. Loved it.)
- 6 days (True story movie about a British embassy getting hijacked, and the following 6 days. From the view of the soldiers and hostage negotiators. Lovely movie)
- Ted 1&2 (I mean... It's Ted. Who doesn't love stupid humor.)

Might've been a bit much. But eh.
ALMOST ALL MOVES CAN BE WATCHED ON NETFLIX BY THE WAY!!!

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
First time you're saying something more than 50% based.

I watched Gilmore Girls twice with no shame or regret

So fucking real for this one. I hate it but love it sometimes

Also, I'm surprised no one said Spongebob. So let me be your savior
Spongebob on top!!! it's my entire youth.
im the smartest man alive

MushyRP

Level 17
MushyRP
MushyRP
Omega+
VOX MACHINAVOX MACHINAVOX MACHINAVOX MACHINAVOX MACHINAVOX MACHINA I SHIP KEYLETH AND VAX (WE ALL KNOW ITS GONNA HAPPEN EVENTUALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

SIMPL3Z

Level 101
Community Team
Lore Team
Are you a film enthusiast?
Just a bored guy who doesn't have the patience or dedication to watch most series, so watch movies instead.

I love movies though. More than TV-shows, series, etc. so maybe to some extent?

Squidjees

Level 66
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich

Series

Films

very good taste

Users who are viewing this thread