Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
as much as I want to say "it's all ICly" and "each character, each stat" this is just a Minecraft server, in the end, not everyone wants to spend 6 hours per account getting speed to 50 or 100%, and allowing crossover statistics would decrease the number of warnings for grinding attributes.

I won't say +1 as I understand the per character argument but I'm not opposed to this either to be fair.

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
"New character, new attributes" has no place in this thread, because it implies that grinding attributes are part of a character's development, when they very much aren't. An RPG-based system where you have to grind your way up in order to have some kind of advantage over other players will never be part of a character's development - this is literally the base for every RPG game. The current system encourages stats grinding and enforces powergaming, which would never be part of any other roleplaying server. Once someone has achieved max speed, they are destined to reach every other player who hasn't yet. Once someone has achieved max acrobatics, they can pretty much escape 80% of the playerbase by simply jumping a fence, when a character who, ICly, may have the similar physique and training as them can't, or when the fence-jumping character who has never had any development that allows them to actually be able to jump a fence, is easily able to do it. Max endurance means they can do the smart 20 blocks fall when no one is looking. Max swimming speed, the sewers system is the number one escape route. Overall, the system is currently too OP and gives way too many benefits over actual RP and verisimilitude.

On a same note, though, it has been stated that it's impossible to transfer stats from one account to another. Perhaps, as I mentioned before, a complete rework of the system would be better than what's been suggested here. I wouldn't expect players to give their precious grinding up, though.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
+1
this would decrease the warnings for automated grinds and make you spend more time on the roleplay, but i think attributes are gonna get easier with gym or something >i dont remember<

RandomlyAccepted

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
RandomlyAccepted
RandomlyAccepted
Omega+
+1 I just got a new account and been trying to grind the speed on it and its so boring. I never enjoyed grinding my attributes, that why it took me over 2 YEARS just to get my swim speed to 50%.

lowkeyHades

Level 23
IowkeyHades
IowkeyHades
Notable+
Different characters, different personalities, different looks, different attributes. I find it unrealistic to have the same attributes on two different accounts.
I understand this, but for people with several characters on the same account, it kinda defeats your point no? I've been a player for 5 years, give or take, and I still don't have 100% attribute on ANY of my three accounts only one has an attribute above 50% infact.

1+ the idea honestly

Users who are viewing this thread