Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
IGN: Springwood
DATE: 12 August, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Stricten the permissions that are granted in the power plant: While I believe that the power plant is an excellent location for criminal activity, it is currently being used as a way of receiving specific requirements without even having a solid motive, and as a way for criminal organizations to continue their criminal activity by acting on these loosened requirements. Anyone who enters the power plant, regardless of whether they are the nicest person in-character, is knocked out if they refuse to give up their personal belongings in the event that they are robbed or anything similar to that.

I believe that receiving permissions in the power plant is far too loosened, far too easy to receive - make receiving permissions in the power plant more difficult to obtain so that actual roleplay can eventuate. The daily cycle of most of today's gang roleplayers is to enter the power plant, wait for a player to enter it, and knock them out if they refuse to do something in order for them to post it in their gang activity. Make permissions loosened, but let there be a catch attached to it.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: By making receiving permissions in the power plant more difficult to obtain, I believe, will create great roleplay and add actual motive behind any criminal activity that occurs in there. This could potentially boost the reputation of certain gangs and make them more well-known for their remarkable roleplay in the criminal world.

[Brought up by oInfi]

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Big ol +1

Oh how much I agree with this. I simply walked in once and got surrounded by 8 people, you gnagrpers needa chill-out. Please at least slightly make the rules more strict so this part of the community can get the memo.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
+1 Shit bro step 1 foot in there you already getting /me tackled and mugged bro, i ain't even have pockets once and some random jot tried robbing me

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
An example of what springwood means:

A haiku by oInfi

"Give me money" "No"
hits them over the head once
mugs 5k and mask

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
+1/NUETRAL

In my opinion, "I want money" shouldn't be a good enough reason, but it's a dangerous place for a reason!

moesxy

Level 10
moesxy
moesxy
Notable+
+ 1
I've gone into the power plant for 5 seconds, got my nose, and fingers broken along with losing 5k. I contacted admin and they said they can change the fingers broken to finger broken. It's too loose and all I see are random gangs with minors in their activity. They need a solid motive.

DarkEclipic

Level 158
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

there should be other reasons than just a simple 'Hey I want you cash' for a reason to attack someone

tobbby

Level 276
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
+2

ive had people try and attack me sitting OUTSIDE powerplant and get mad when i asked where those perms were lolll

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
So what would you suggest people should do to gain perms in powerplant? Or would they just need a bigger ICly motive than just wanting money

@Springwood
Have a stronger motive, permissions in the power plant are supposed to be loosened, but not to the point where players can literally receive permissions for doing something so minimal and take continuous advantage of it - If this suggestion was to be considered, I would suggest having a better motive or sticking to the way permissions are received in the power plant if a rule illustrating this was implemented

Last edited:

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
So what would you suggest people should do to gain perms in powerplant? Or would they just need a bigger ICly motive than just wanting money

@Springwood
Yeh it's essentially to a degree where you gain minor permissions just by someone saying "no" or you being ignored. Loads of players I've seen just go to powerplant to farm masks/money with no IC reasoning behind it. IC reason would include more of you having bad blood with the person in the plant or them being known to have ties to a rival gang. So if you're in Triad, and you see a rival gang member in powerplant, I'd say that gives good enough reason to beef and start a fight

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
IGN: Springwood
DATE: 12 August, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Stricten the permissions that are granted in the power plant: While I believe that the power plant is an excellent location for criminal activity, it is currently being used as a way of receiving specific requirements without even having a solid motive, and as a way for criminal organizations to continue their criminal activity by acting on these loosened requirements. Anyone who enters the power plant, regardless of whether they are the nicest person in-character, is knocked out if they refuse to give up their personal belongings in the event that they are robbed or anything similar to that.

I believe that receiving permissions in the power plant is far too loosened, far too easy to receive - make receiving permissions in the power plant more difficult to obtain so that actual roleplay can eventuate. The daily cycle of most of today's gang roleplayers is to enter the power plant, wait for a player to enter it, and knock them out if they refuse to do something in order for them to post it in their gang activity. Make permissions loosened, but let there be a catch attached to it.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: By making receiving permissions in the power plant more difficult to obtain, I believe, will create great roleplay and add actual motive behind any criminal activity that occurs in there. This could potentially boost the reputation of certain gangs and make them more well-known for their remarkable roleplay in the criminal world.

[Brought up by oInfi]
+1/-1

+1, I'm neutral for one reason only: powerplant is a criminal hotspot. It's just like people going to bears and getting attacked and complaining. If you go into powerplant and get hurt or surrounded, it's common knowledge that powerplant is a criminal hotspot. There should not be any complaints there. If you go in and get attacked, it is your fault for stepping inside. I know it happens a lot since I'm a part of Yamagashira, one of the gangs that have been doing this in order to show that icly, we claim powerplant. Think of it like how kps used to be. If you majored someone after being KO'd and they came back and killed your character, you don't have room to complain. It's a consequence of doing such.

-1, However, I do see where some people are coming from and I do also agree because most gangrpers I know and see don't actually roleplay, and me personally, I enjoy the aspect of roleplaying over just going in, fighting, KO'ing, and leaving. When I joined gangrp again, I didn't join just for combatrp. I joined for the whole roleplay aspect of gangs and how they interact with society. I feel like gangrp can be more and roleplay can be more involved if a chance was given. This includes how gangrp works inside powerplant. Maybe instead of just having mug perms, it starts out as minor perms. And to obtain minor perms, your character has to make it clear that you don't want someone in there. Example:

Delinquent asks a person to leave because they were hanging around. Delinquent says that powerplant is not a social hotspot nor is it a playground. The person declines and doesn't leave. The delinquent then tries to fight them, feeling as if they were disrespected. Then delinquent KO's the person and to show that they aren't welcome, they mug their victim to ensure that they don't come back.

Last edited:

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Big ol +1

Oh how much I agree with this. I simply walked in once and got surrounded by 8 people, you gnagrpers needa chill-out. Please at least slightly make the rules more strict so this part of the community can get the memo.
I see where you come from, but please remember that powerplant is a criminal hotspot and not a social hotspot. Things can be done to make it so we don't just get to mug whenever, but at the same time, the place was made for us to criminalrp.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
NEUTRAL
I can see both sides of the coin; That area is meant to be a danger zone for a reason, so people need to acknowledge the risk of getting assaulted the moment they step in. However, I do agree that people should roleplay out their activity instead of jumping straight into the action as if it was a PvP zone in a Minecraft Server. Whenever I handle situations, I always make sure that they try to give the other person a chance as long as it's reasonable (e.g. They ask for money before trying to k.o them without saying a single word)

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
I see where you come from, but please remember that powerplant is a criminal hotspot and not a social hotspot. Things can be done to make it so we don't just get to mug whenever, but at the same time, the place was made for us to criminalrp.
The power plant, like the sewers, riverside, and any other abandoned place, is a crime hotspot. Outside of the power plant, you don't often see players acting on minor permissions in the sewers or the aforementioned criminal locations, that is because the power plant guarantees the receiving of minor requirements with minimal effort - The power plant is currently used as a way for players to receive permissions without investing any effort into it, and I'm sure you're well aware of it; regardless of it being a criminal area, it's not a good enough reason for you to knock out someone because they refuse to give out their belongings - I believe there should be a more compelling reason for you to do so while also have the receival of these permissions loosened. Thanks for your input!

Last edited:

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
NEUTRAL
I can see both sides of the coin; That area is meant to be a danger zone for a reason, so people need to acknowledge the risk of getting assaulted the moment they step in. However, I do agree that people should roleplay out their activity instead of jumping straight into the action as if it was a PvP zone in a Minecraft Server. Whenever I handle situations, I always make sure that they try to give the other person a chance as long as it's reasonable (e.g. They ask for money before trying to k.o them without saying a single word)
I agree completely; there is a hologram right in front of the power plant that depicts the first few things you mentioned in your response. Having seen and interacted, I must say that, despite the power plant being a literal danger zone, the way gang roleplayers use it is what has led me to make this suggestion - it is absolutely no fun to see yourself offer in-depth roleplay and the other party just getting straight to the knock-out point. I believe that, by making the receiving of permissions in the power plant more strict, that actual roleplay can eventuate, that the power plant can stand for something more intriguing. Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread