Status
Not open for further replies.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
hey

+1 mainly because whenever me and friends go into the sewers and try to get out, we always end up in powerplant and then people try to beat us up and rob us! Not always, but a good 85% of the time. ( they were also making up rules !!! )

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
dude like i said the whole point is to attract gangrpers so that they wont do their stuff in plaza, "loose permissions" is just something they're putting as a "come here if you want to beat up someone" the whole purpose is to commit crimes not take pictures or have a lovely time with yo partner dawg
The power plant does not attract players merely because of its surroundings, rather because gang roleplayers understand exactly that they can get loosened permissions at a time they are bored or long for permissions - the entire point of this suggestion is to add a motive to every action that eventuates in the power plant as a result of how its currently functioning and being used for. Nonetheless, thank you for your input

pashy

Level 183
hey

+1 mainly because whenever me and friends go into the sewers and try to get out, we always end up in powerplant and then people try to beat us up and rob us! Not always, but a good 85% of the time. ( they were also making up rules !!! )
Don't get lost in scary dark places kii

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
As if that is not common knowledge. Originally I was going to -1 this post because of that but that isn't the main focus, its the fact that certain people will claim this and that and cause uneeded and unwanted drama for a game item. This is utterly ridiculous. Sure, they can mug if they have a valid reason but that's the entire point of this suggestion - making it so that a valid reason it there beforehand.
Let me play out for you how that situation went.

I walked in, got surrounded by 7 dudes then they tried to ko the kid i was carrying (we stepped in for abit to look around nd talk to ppl already inside) anyways an hour later of them arguing with staff we got it voided, this should NOT ever be needed or done nor is this acceptable. It totally kills roleplay and the general vibe. They literally just walked away and finally allowed us to leave the Powerplant after the staff member told them to quit it.

I understand it is a criminal hotspot and I understand it's not for social reasons, but they need to have a valid fucking reason to do things. That is all.
Keeping gangrp realistic, most gangs, delinquents, and any other form of criminal don't usually have valid reasons when wanting money. A valid reason could possibly be that they want money in order to accomplish some other goal like bailing someone out or wanting to become rich. I do think that there could be more roleplay involved in situations like that, so I agree there.

And I apologize about what happened with you being surrounded but we ask that you don't step in if you don't want to roleplay with us. When you walk in, please acknowledge that your character is in danger mainly for being in a dangerous part of the town. Criminals are looking for money, Yakuza are looking for business, and delinquents are looking for fights.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Keeping gangrp realistic, most gangs, delinquents, and any other form of criminal don't usually have valid reasons when wanting money. A valid reason could possibly be that they want money in order to accomplish some other goal like bailing someone out or wanting to become rich. I do think that there could be more roleplay involved in situations like that, so I agree there.

And I apologize about what happened with you being surrounded but we ask that you don't step in if you don't want to roleplay with us. When you walk in, please acknowledge that your character is in danger mainly for being in a dangerous part of the town. Criminals are looking for money, Yakuza are looking for business, and delinquents are looking for fights.
Honestly, what Springwood said in post #42

Demurity

Level 35
Apart from the power plant, there are a variety of criminal locations, you don't often see players acting on any type of permissions there - as mentioned in my previous replies, all the power plant is being used for is to gain permissions, highlight loosened activity, and farm in-character money - in some instances, being robbed of your belongings or even attacked for the smallest reason has realism attached to it, it all depends on who you're interacting with. The power plant, like sewers, existing turfs, abandoned areas, and other similar areas, is a criminal zone. Why do you think you don't often see players acting on any form of permissions in one of these areas? Because the power plant ensures easygoing permissions

I completely agree with this; criminals owe you no explanation. However, I believe the power plant is nothing more than a criminal representative example hotspot, similar to other areas in Karakura, but more advantageous for current gang roleplayers. Simply put, the power plant, as a result of today's loosened permissions, is nothing more than free receiving of any form of requirements - the area ought to have a stronger motive, a more thorough reason to attack and approach. Furthermore, players are frequently seen observing the power plant from outside the gates - any criminals who happen to be inside the power plant cannot attack the player observing the area simply because they are not inside the power plant, but rather in front of it. It adds absolutely no realism to the scene, and as much as I believe that realism is a must in this regard, realism unfortunately is not there in addition to the way the power plant currently works

In the event that you are robbed or attacked, I would say that it’s a 5 minute robbery/attack, depending on its performance, is not something I would consider character development. What happens now that I've been knocked out in the power plant? Was character development formed, or did you benefit the opposing party? The only motive today's gang roleplayers have to knock out someone in the power plant is to simply ask for money and expect them to refuse so that they may move over to the knock-out point. Nevertheless, thanks for the input!
Okay then, let's say we acknowledge this as a problem. What specific sort of rules do you think should be put in place to resolve this issue???

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
Okay then, let's say we acknowledge this as a problem. What specific sort of rules do you think should be put in place to resolve this issue???
You have to have a stronger motive in order for you to invoke damage upon players who enter the power plant - that’s all really

Lizalopod

Level 130
You have to have a stronger motive in order for you to invoke damage upon players who enter the power plant - that’s all really
There simply has to be a more concrete requirement if you want this. Just "having a stronger motive" is arguable, which will inevitably lead to more /looc screeching. Usually this wouldn't be an issue in any other roleplay community but gangrpers be gangrpers

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback!

- We won't be altering the danger zones beyond promoting more roleplay. From now on, you'll be required to have some kind of roleplay interaction with a player before attempting to mug or attack them.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread