mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Fire_Italiano777's English Teacher Application

Firekiller777

Level 12
About Me

What's your Minecraft Username?:
Fire_Italiano777
What's your Discord username?:
Fire_Italiano777
What's your Time Zone?:
EST

Provide any link(s) to previous applications:




















What are your current roles on the server?:
My adult character is John Aholt Thornton and I play college student Nadrielle Thalheimer and 7th grader Jonah Hitashi.

Why are Teachers so important to SchoolRP?:
Teachers are the embodiment of the school image. Teachers mold young minds to strive to become people who can shape the world anew. They prepare the young generations of their time and mold them into functioning members of society. Without teachers to teach important subjects like History, math, and reading, There will be no shops, business owners, politicians, and policemen. History is also an important subject as it's important to know, not only how your own country came to be, but the world. I was taught that history repeats itself. We should know how society came to be. Without art, Physical education, and performing arts, we would have no entertainment. Art prepares our art kids to potentially be the next Butch Hartman, or Wald Disney. Without teachers there would be no society. No one to govern our cities and countries. The world would go up in flames without the knowledge needed to keep society running. I was taught that math is in pretty much everything you do. Let's say you go into wood working, math is needed to get the exact measurements to cut the wood. What if you get into culinary? You will need math to measure ingredients. Math is everywhere and is just as important as reading, if not. more important. Teachers are supposed to implore and inspire kids to pursue their dreams and strive to become functioning members of society.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you may lose your role?:
Yes
Do you agree to undergo teacher training if your application is successful?:
Yes
What is your motivation for becoming a Teacher?:
When I was young, I always played "teacher" growing up with my cousin and made up students names and made up fake lessons. Although this is a game, I told myself back then I wanted to become a teacher, and even though this is also a game, I am learning as I go as I teach real material. Killing two birds with one stone, if you will. I strive to inspire people of any age to learn and become better members of the world. I care about people and the world we live in and I desire to be apart of the movement that helps our society grow. The world is in the hands of our young ones, if we prepare them to learn and grow, our world is in safe hands. I aspire to fuel the spark of interest and discovery in my students' eyes as I teach. Teaching in the past has showed me I have the potential to mold kids' minds for the better. I feel great joy in helping children overcome their academic problems. The illation in the kids' faces when they succeed is nothing of this world and their happiness is my own reward. The moment I see the spark of joy in their faces, I feel so accomplished.

In-Character Section
1791037675768.png
​

What's your character's full name?:
John Aholt Thornton
What is your character's age?:
John is 44 years old.
What is your preferred subject to teach?:
I wish to teach English

Describe your character:
John is an older man with greying hair and brown eyes. He is has a stocky yet slim build. He has a tired and lived in face due to the stress of raising his autistic niece. John has a rough yet calm voice. He has a chevron mustache and values to dress nicely. He typically wears a suit and tie to work. John enjoys working hard for the greater good of humanity and enjoys teaching and being a role model.

John is a kind and loving man, dedicated to his loved ones and his work. His goal in life is to be the best he can be to all his loved ones and his colleagues. He can be very serious at times yet he makes sure his niece, Nadine is well fed and happy. John is a family man and values family time as he likes to eat dinner with his niece and get to know how her day went and tries to help her with anything she may be having trouble with. He will do the same with anyone he is close with, not just his family. John will dedicate himself to any job he is put on at work and will not give up to not only educate and help students, but whatever his employers ask him to do. For example if he is asked to help discipline and abandon his soft nature for the sake of teaching delinquents a lesson for the time being in not only class but detentions, He will do so. He intends to keep his niece safe from harm and abuse. His goal is to make sure his niece is well taken care of so by the time he dies, God forbid, he can rest easily knowing she is safe and happy.
1791037839493.png


Roleplay Scenarios
1791037689898.png
​

A student in class is struggling to understand the content, what would your character do?:
John is patient with his students, so when they are having a tough time understanding the material he will walk them though it. He will go over the same problem the student is having trouble with and dumb it down as best he can and try to use parables to get the student to understand best he or she can. A parable for those who don't know, uses various topics pertaining to the student for him/her to better understand the material. He will go over not just the problem but the current topic John may be going over. He will give motives to urge them to try harder and want to do better. His love and desire to see his students eyes full of wonder upon accomplishing their goals give him motivation to think up ways to help them in the future. John is not a quitter and will not stop until his students have learned what they are having trouble with. Calling a tutor will only be a last resort, but will be recommended regardless of what happens. Patience is a virtue.

A student is continuously being disruptive in class, talking out of turn, and making jokes with classmates. What would your character do?:
As stated above, John is a very patient man and loves to give incentives to behave better. Although he has low tolerance with disrespect and rulebreakers, he will be as patient as he can be. Patience is a virtue when it comes to disciplining children. Perhaps a 3 point warning system will help. At the beginning of each class he will state the rules and the warning system. After that he will give each student a point for every time they disrupt the class in anyway. Once the student reaches 3 points, they will get kicked from the class and shall receive a detention. Doing this will give the rest of the class a reason to behave better. When all else fails, John will ask for help over the radio only if needed. John never stopped giving his niece toddler worthy punishments as he believes subtle humiliation does the trick to teach kids to behave and respect their elders. Another method he learned is to get the entire class mad at the 1 or 2 students who are acting up. If a reward or game is offered, and there are students who are acting up, John will cancel the reward offered due to the miscreants acting up. With the reward canceled, the other students will not be happy with the delinquents, making them learn their lesson as no one wants everyone angry with you.

Provide at least 2 interactive class ideas related to your preferred subject:
One interactive class idea can be a memory retaining exercise. I will periodically write short funny and entertaining stories and hand them each a copy of a story and give them time to read the story. After 10 to 15 minutes, I will ask them questions pertaining to the story. This will give them practice retaining knowledge and at the same time, give me an idea of who can retain better and who can't. I want to help those who have a harder time with comprehension. To expand on this, I will make it a game sometimes too. I will encourage teams. After reading, I will write multiple choice questions on the board and have them answer according to what I have written. I will include vocabulary here sometimes too. I will even bake cookies as rewards.

Another interactive class idea will be writing prompts. I will give them all a prompt on the board and give them about half the class to write and give them time to talk about what they have written and what inspired what they have written. What were their thoughts behind it? This will help them learn to write better and train their brains to be better prepared for other fields of study. Learning to strengthen essay writing is needed for most major jobs. To expand on this, I can add vocabulary and teach just a couple vocabulary words as a side lesson. I will write up to three words on the board and give definitions and example sentences. I will also challenge them to use these words in their prompts.

A third interactive class idea can be a longer form of the vocabulary idea from before and give up to five words. I will give definitions, example sentences and bring back multiple choice questions. I will write either a word or definition on the board and give three or four answer choices and give points and cookies as rewards for getting an answer correct. To expand, I can sometimes make this into a game and divide them into teams of three or four and whichever teams gets more points wins!

A fourth interactive class idea can be the introduction of figures of speech. I will give the definition of what it is and give examples. I will then have students give me ideas of what figures of speech they might have. I can challenge them to use these figures of speech in stories. To add to the idea, I can do another game and break them into groups or partners. I will write the name of a specific figure of speech on the board and have them give me examples. For example I will write Simile and they will come back and say "Busy as a bee" or "Bright as the sun" and I will give cookies to those who get correct answers. I will include all this in homework assignments.


Have you read and understand the Teacher Application Guidance thread?
Yes​
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top