mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

FOLKLORE: The Auvray invitation.

SIMPL3Z

Level 102
Community Team
Lore Team
[OOC]
The following information is not to be taken IC, unless you have learned and been taught of such knowledge in character.

I just wanted to write something to which I was motivated, to hopefully reemerge out of my writer's block and demotivation. But, this will hold value at a later date.

I believe this is the 5th or 6th lore post I've made featuring a letter of some kind.

P.S: I am aware that in the modern English grammar, the letter is not correct. That is because this letter is written in a time when Shakespearean English was to be used, so I have let some influence of that through into the letter. Not fully, as that would make it quite challenging to read.

For if anybody has trouble reading the cursive font in the image, I have put the text in the basic Arial font in a spoiler below it.

Luquin Delacroix. One of France's finest lords, and is currently in the position as duke, both within the Delacroix family and France itself. Such a well-respected man, in times such as these, only the word of an aristocrat to be a fitting description; he was no stranger to invites, especially not from others alike such as members of the Auvray family, who lived close by, near Anjou. Luquin happened to find this letter, of which the author was Lord Verain Auvray, a dear friend and known member of the Auvray family himself. However, usually, letters would come from a direct source. One who was to be deemed a messenger, approached such close workers or family of the one who wished to receive it, and bestowed upon them the letter to pass on. For this letter, however, it was that Luquin was stopped out on the streets by a man dressed in a long black robe, and grey shirt. He deemed himself the messenger, yet refused to state who they were, and for why they had come to him. Presumably, such information would be stated in the letter Luquin now had within his possession. An already mysterious receival of such a letter, in the name of such a well-respected family as the Auvray’s, only made more questions arise than that there were answers for. Taken by curiosity, and general politeness–how could he not read such a letter from dear friends? Luquin took to his library later that day within their estate to read this letter passed on to him. One which had no outer decoration besides an emblem printed on.

protectrice letter.png

Dear Lord Luquin Delacroix,

I write to thee for a rather urgent cause, on which I shall hope dearly that thee would respond with haste if thee were to be so kind. What urgent matter at is, is the cordial invitation, and acceptance from the graceful Auvray family, for thou and dearly loved and witted members of one named to be Delacroix, to join us in a spiritual ceremony to bound us all together further than Christ. Set out to connect not with us, solely, for our family thou is familiar with. Set out for thy expansion upon belief, and take by our hand.
I acknowledge, Lord Luquin, thee must at most certain be cautious of such beliefs I mention; a fear for witchery and unholy powers have fallen might in our hands, I must assume. Fret not, thine fear shall not meet the light, and become what is our realm of life. If ye were to join with us, the Auvray family, on our accord, we shall grant thine family of thy own, the Delacroix and its respective lords, and ladies, a peaceful life to live amongst. For thee shall run into devil's harm, regardless of thy prayers. Hence, that is for why we protection can offer, from humble beliefs. Hand in hand with that of our Christ. Thou must read this note within privacy, for it not to be shared with others amongst. Such an invitation as this, to thee and thine family, must come with its respective praise, and secrecy involved; As the name stands to be, Protectrice, is one of perhaps more hidden groupings of people. For our beliefs shall not go untold, but shared will not to be with that of peasants. Thee can accompany with family if that is amidst thy wish. We, within the Auvray family, do recommend that gift of family might be brought. And once more, I must calm thy nerves; fear not, for thou is the only one within Protectrice is not. We have been joined by many, of similar worth, and respect.
Those names must, for now, go untold until thee has given a hasty response upon this invitation to Protectrice, which shall reach all under the Delacroix family name.

Lord Verain Auvray.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread