c3rt1fied
c3rt1fied
Fundraiser+
What's your Minecraft Username?: C3rt1fied
What's the title of your suggestion?: - Formal Business Cards -

What's your suggestion?:
- Business Cards -
✮⋆˙ Proceed Down Below After This Text⋆˙✮

- Explanation Of What It Is And What It Will Do ( Separated Into 2 Parts )

PART 1 * EXPLANATION

Oxford Translation -
a small card printed with one's name, occupation, business address, phone number, etc.

PART 2 * What Will Be Used For?

Advertising your business and giving your clients your business contact information such as business address, IC phone number, etc that relates to anything that has information and is important to contact the holder of the card.

──────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆──────
Who Will It Be Used By?

✮ - KPD

- Reporters
⚖︎ - Attorneys / Legal Team
- Doctors / Medical Staff
© - Companies Employees Registered With Karakura Town Hall

- Shopkeepers
- Other Official Factions

──────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆──────
How To Obtain?

Idea 1
Sumbit An Application On The School Roleplay Forums With Your Occupation And Why You Need It/How Would It Help Your IC

Idea 2
Go To Karakura Town Hall To Register ICLY And Pay A One Time Fee Per Character.

( AGED 21+ WITH VALID OCCUPATION FOR BOTH IDEAS )

Implementation

Implementation 1 *

There are many serval ways to actually look at the business cards In game, for the first Idea, Let's take the debit card and library card/ID for a sample of the mechanism, when you hover it with a cursor it shows you the card number, if possible we could use it the same manner with phone numbers, name, occupation and etc, while having similar design to the library card or ID.

Implementation 2 *
For this one, let's borrow the phone! once you click on the card given it's gonna take you to a similar GUI as the phone but much smaller, it comes with a preset theme so it's gonna be easy to edit and set up, but it might not be possible to have actually text there so we will borrow the same mechanism from text messaging/calling and the apps. There will be 4 icons, and each one will prompt you with a generated text set by the person, for example if you pressed the icon with the MC head "P" you would get promted to the chat box with the phone number just like when you receive a message from an NPC.

DETAILED MESSAGE :
"As You Looked Closely At The Card, The Phone Number Printed Was "12345678"

-
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Editing The Business Cards Mechanism

It shouldn't be that hard edit a business card so let's make it simple! For my idea, I say we could use commands, but we only need this for the business address, we could make the other details automated, so it will take the job, name and phone number from your character.

EXAMPLE COMMAMDS

/set address Karakura Medical Centre [ For Official Factions ]

2. /set (coordinates) [ for unofficial factions ]
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
How To Give Out Business Cards Without The Risk Of Too Many In Circulation.

* Business Card Can Only Be Given Once Per 5-10 Hours To Each Person.
I think commands would be the best fit for ex.

'"/give bcard" while looking at the person you wanna give It to

I also would recommend to only give out business card holders to offical factions and unofficial verified companies to avoid unnecessary circulation.

----------------------------
NOTES

As some people might think it's a waste of the coders and staff time to implement this and it's a waste of space but I think this adds a great addition to roleplaying, and hopefully this wouldn't take too much space.

Thanks For Reading, If You Have Some Suggestions For The Idea Please Let Me Know!!
>:)

[ Well You'll Be Done After The Last Paragraph I Promise ]

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I believe this would enhance the aspects of the roleplay in factions and business, not only does it help In Character but this also helps Out Of Character Too, I believe this will reduce the risks of metagaming, for example your roleplaying with lets say.. a KPD out of duty! I'm not sure if they can go out of dut but just an example! Some people I have roleplayed just some how "magically" knows I was expelled, or they know my name, but this reduces it, instead of some knowing there occupation or name by finding out oocly and metagaming it, you can find out by the business cards to tell if there apart of the KPD ICLY, so this is why it would benefit the server and the community by enhancing roleplay both OOCLY & ICLY.

Last edited:

windswake

Level 24
wyldwinds
wyldwinds
Omega
Neutral, leaning -1

Factions such as EMS, KPD & Reporter have 'business cards' in a sense (others might, I'm not sure). The Reporter badge, the KPD badge and the Hospital Staff ID all show a player that is right clicked (much how a National ID card works) both the faction member's occupation and name, if they wish to share it. However, there could be an opportunity for certified/official businesses, and other factions, if they wish to have a business card! On the other hand, you can just have a premade action, something like /me hands the individual a business card. + /it On the card is the following information: the business name, 'XYZ'; a phone number, '030-XXX-XXXX'; the owner's name, 'Tom Brown'.

As for the metagaming aspect, I don't think anything can fix that other than reminders in LOOC. Players will assume, or metagame, even when a faction member is off-duty, and there's no identifying information other than their tag.

SIMPL3Z

Level 97
Community Team
Lore Team

KPS, EMS, & News all have I.Ds for this purpose. However, some of them still use /it and /me to ItemRP a business card.
If you own a business or shop you can make your business card and ItemRP this out, or you can buy a custom item (but you would still have to /it the information on the card).

I just don't think it's necessary, it is too much of a hassle for something you can now easily do with actions.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Some players have requested Custom Items for this, as it's not something we could make a generic version of, making such a request would be best.​

Users who are viewing this thread