GangRP Rule Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashtetic

Level 52
Ashtetic
Ashtetic
Omega+
-1, I do NOT have to give a brief explanation of why I disagree with it , If you do not like my opinion then leave it.

No need to respond EVERYONES comment of when they just simply say -1. They do not have to give an explanation of why they disagree with it, It’s our opinions not yours.

( not trying to sound rude but still.. )

Last edited:

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
-1, I do NOT have to give a brief explanation of why I disagree with it , If you do not like my opinion then leave it.

No need to respond EVERYONES comment of when they just simply say -1. They do not have to give an explanation of why they disagree with it, It’s our opinions not yours.

I believe they're doing that because their issue was eventually found out and they understood that they misunderstood the rules

pashy

Level 183

If you don't want to give an explanation yourself, just don't. Please don't play the hero role and shove your nose where it doesn't need to me and I'm not trying to be rude either but still

And I do ask for an explanation because some people fail to figure this suggestion shouldn't still be there but was a still misunderstanding and still oppose because they just enjoy opposing. What I meant in this suggestion happens to already exist in SRP.. If you do not like it, simply don't reply yourself, respectfully^

pashy

Level 183
Nowhere in my reply did I say I was referring to cutting off limbs.

That said, my opinion still stands. You should have to KO before majorly harming an individual regardless what type of action it is. As I said it gives more of a chance to get away instead of a one and done action.
Yeah, but, what I suggested happened to already be a thing and the suggestion was created upon a misinformation/misunderstanding. If you think still, even a small stab should be only once one is knocked out, then I think you should make a suggestion for that to be removed.

The suggestion says people should be able to major (not take limbs but stab) without K.O, it happens it already exists, disagreeing/agreeing with this suggestion won't change anything so, again, if you think this thing should change and be removed, you can make a suggestion about that^^

-1 I liked when we could be able to do it, but it just makes majoring more fun and more earnable if you have to KO them before you major. You feel more accomplished
It really gets to my nerves people opposing the thread and I feel like people oppose just to oppose.

Please, if you read the previous replies, my suggestion is already a thing and also, do notice, it doesn't refer to completely cutting out a limb but stab someone on sight to whatever location of their body which sounds realistic and fair and I do understand why it happened to be a thing.

If you think still even stabs shouldn't be allowed before K.O, refer to what I said to Infi about making another suggestion rather than opposing a suggestion that was formed upon a misunderstanding^^ thank you for stating your opinion in a civil manner however

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Yeah, but, what I suggested happened to already be a thing and the suggestion was created upon a misinformation/misunderstanding. If you think still, even a small stab should be only once one is knocked out, then I think you should make a suggestion for that to be removed.

The suggestion says people should be able to major (not take limbs but stab) without K.O, it happens it already exists, disagreeing/agreeing with this suggestion won't change anything so, again, if you think this thing should change and be removed, you can make a suggestion about that^^
I'm not gonna lie this made absolutely no sense whatsoever

pashy

Level 183
I'm not gonna lie this made absolutely no sense whatsoever
My suggestion was to be able to stab people without having to knock them out.. A staff told me I can't but it happens he misunderstood what I meant and I actually can. Basically what I suggested ab stabbing people without having to knock them out can already be done it's not against the rules but won't cause permanent damage

x-x sorry for the confusion

pashy

Level 183
To clarify something about this thread,

I took a huge break that only recently was I back and was already GangRPing around without being aware that stabbing is now considered minors. I mixed up a little and referred to stabs as "major"

BlossomRp

Level 5
BlossomRp
BlossomRp
Fundraiser+

I agree with what NoZinth said above. Knocking an individual out before being able to major gives the individual a chance to escape and more roleplay along with it. As someone who has been in gangrp for a year, I personally find quick and fast pace fighting to be very boring. Where's the spark? This may just be my own personal opinion, and I understand other viewpoints, though, gangrp is boring when its fast and has basic messages like 'punches him' and that's all. What I enjoy is the detail, the time and effort, showing how and why your character is acting this way. Put detail in how the punch is thrown, what facial expressions your character has, what are they feeling? That's what makes gangrp fun for me and it's what the server is about- roleplay. I understand the point of, 'but if you take too long then cops will show up,' but if that's such a big risk you're willing to limit your rp for, then why rp at all?
Regardless of your viewpoint on detail, it gives the victim a chance to escape, not just a roll and the limb is taken.

It's also a matter of realism like 16Percs said above. You wouldn't realistically be able to fully remove a limb while they are upright and attempting to dodge. You'd need several swings, or it would realistically just be a slash.

There is also the ability to oocly agree to a limb being taken without them being knocked out, but I'd personally only agree to that if it was a p2l and detailed on how they would be able to while I was awake.

The rules have been updated and put into place, so the server doesn't become a 'gangrp server' because that's not what SRP is. SRP is way more than gangs and crime. There are sports teams, families, journalists, musicians, lovers, bullies, teachers, etc! Not everyone enjoys that kind of roleplay.

pashy

Level 183

I agree with what NoZinth said above. Knocking an individual out before being able to major gives the individual a chance to escape and more roleplay along with it. As someone who has been in gangrp for a year, I personally find quick and fast pace fighting to be very boring. Where's the spark? This may just be my own personal opinion, and I understand other viewpoints, though, gangrp is boring when its fast and has basic messages like 'punches him' and that's all. What I enjoy is the detail, the time and effort, showing how and why your character is acting this way. Put detail in how the punch is thrown, what facial expressions your character has, what are they feeling? That's what makes gangrp fun for me and it's what the server is about- roleplay. I understand the point of, 'but if you take too long then cops will show up,' but if that's such a big risk you're willing to limit your rp for, then why rp at all?
Regardless of your viewpoint on detail, it gives the victim a chance to escape, not just a roll and the limb is taken.

It's also a matter of realism like 16Percs said above. You wouldn't realistically be able to fully remove a limb while they are upright and attempting to dodge. You'd need several swings, or it would realistically just be a slash.

There is also the ability to oocly agree to a limb being taken without them being knocked out, but I'd personally only agree to that if it was a p2l and detailed on how they would be able to while I was awake.

The rules have been updated and put into place, so the server doesn't become a 'gangrp server' because that's not what SRP is. SRP is way more than gangs and crime. There are sports teams, families, journalists, musicians, lovers, bullies, teachers, etc! Not everyone enjoys that kind of roleplay.

Simple answer:

I took a huge break that only recently was I back and was already GangRPing around without being aware that stabbing is now considered minors. I mixed up a little and referred to stabs as "major"
It's a misunderstanding. There isn't any argument in this thread to support or oppose. I only recently got back to SRP and thought a stab was still considered major when it's actually a minor now and, I had people argue over me simply stabbing them claiming I can't while they're awake which, I thought it was absurd. It happened to be actually allowed and stabs are considered 'minor'

You failed to read the suggestion appropriately to notice I excluded limbs. Yet, there are few replies here and there which you also failed to read.

Thank you

pashy

Level 183

However, despite my previous reply, to argue you more:

Not to be disrespectful, but I think what you said was lightheaded and could've used some rethought; if I have majors against someone, they definitely, with knowledge, involved themselves in the two specific categories: CombatRP & GangRP. So, yeah, not everyone enjoys that kind of roleplay but, the person that got perms passed on him probably does and involved in it.

Thank you for the deep speech whatsoever

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
If you don't want to give an explanation yourself, just don't. Please don't play the hero role and shove your nose where it doesn't need to me and I'm not trying to be rude either but still

And I do ask for an explanation because some people fail to figure this suggestion shouldn't still be there but was a still misunderstanding and still oppose because they just enjoy opposing. What I meant in this suggestion happens to already exist in SRP.. If you do not like it, simply don't reply yourself, respectfully^
eah, but, what I suggested happened to already be a thing and the suggestion was created upon a misinformation/misunderstanding. If you think still, even a small stab should be only once one is knocked out, then I think you should make a suggestion for that to be removed.

It really gets to my nerves people opposing the thread and I feel like people oppose just to oppose.

Please, if you read the previous replies, my suggestion is already a thing and also, do notice, it doesn't refer to completely cutting out a limb but stab someone on sight to whatever location of their body which sounds realistic and fair and I do understand why it happened to be a thing.

If you think still even stabs shouldn't be allowed before K.O, refer to what I said to Infi about making another suggestion rather than opposing a suggestion that was formed upon a misunderstanding^^ thank you for stating your opinion in a civil manner however
My suggestion was to be able to stab people without having to knock them out.. A staff told me I can't but it happens he misunderstood what I meant and I actually can. Basically what I suggested ab stabbing people without having to knock them out can already be done it's not against the rules but won't cause permanent damage

x-x sorry for the confusion

Simple answer:
It's a misunderstanding. There isn't any argument in this thread to support or oppose. I only recently got back to SRP and thought a stab was still considered major when it's actually a minor now and, I had people argue over me simply stabbing them claiming I can't while they're awake which, I thought it was absurd. It happened to be actually allowed and stabs are considered 'minor'

You failed to read the suggestion appropriately to notice I excluded limbs. Yet, there are few replies here and there which you also failed to read.

Thank you
However, despite my previous reply, to argue you more:

Not to be disrespectful, but I think what you said was lightheaded and could've used some rethought; if I have majors against someone, they definitely, with knowledge, involved themselves in the two specific categories: CombatRP & GangRP. So, yeah, not everyone enjoys that kind of roleplay but, the person that got perms passed on him probably does and involved in it.

Thank you for the deep speech whatsoever
Source?

Lewk

Level 86
x_z
x_z
Omega+
Reviewed

-
You can harm someone without them being KO'ed, the target being KO'ed is only required to remove limbs.
- These rules won't change as they were put in place to prioritize roleplay and make it harder to permanently affect a character as it can permanently change how someone has to roleplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread