GangRP Suggestion & Removal of a certain 'Rule' | Ruin06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrizantema

Level 9
Khrizanthemums
Khrizanthemums
Omega
This breaks fearrp rule, so even if realistic, no. A possible mass report has sucked since they changed it to major, and by doing the action my character has already committed to it. So what if he gets caught at this point? His target is dead. They won't intervene because that's breaking the fearrp rule
1.9 FearRP: The act of roleplaying realistically to potential consequences or interactions your characters will have that may have a negative outcome (e.g. suspension, arrest).

My bad if I misunderstood the rules, but you do have to fear arrest. The fact that there are witnesses and cameras everywhere are cause enough for FearRP in my opinion for obvious reasons. Also, considering the amount of bystanders there are in the plaza at any given time, there are numbers of them. One guy with a knife probably won't have to be FearRPed by a large group. (Correct me if I'm wrong, staff-)

"The KPD who also have lives outside of SRP, and the people who have to prove that the gangRPers were on CCTV." Okay. Hire more then in flexible timezones.
Timezones will always be an issue, unfortunately.

"As long as FearRP is a thing on this server, it's only going to make sense that your character would fear the consequences of committing a crime with these factors in their way." There are no factors present that would wanna fight me dawg.
I believe you misunderstood my point. Though there may not be an immediate fight as opposition, you're still going to face your consequences later. If your character doesn't fear arrest, that's probably a violation of the FearRP rule.

I'm genuinely confused how you downvoted it, it's pretty straight-forward.
I believed my statement was straightforward as well. Please read the preceding sentence in my post again.

True this, but there are people who apply with no alts and primary account who would be able to devote 100% to the application, additionally, the application actually states that you should invest 100% into the KPD, they knew this BY applying for it in the first place.
My bad if this is true. Even so, they still have lives outside of SRP and cannot be on 24/7.

Who said it was daylight? I'm playing, this was structured nicely but it doesn't work, the rule should be put to an end it makes 0 sense. I tackled all you've said in my last post.
It's a figure of speech?...

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
1.9 FearRP: The act of roleplaying realistically to potential consequences or interactions your characters will have that may have a negative outcome (e.g. suspension, arrest).

My bad if I misunderstood the rules, but you do have to fear arrest. The fact that there are witnesses and cameras everywhere are cause enough for FearRP in my opinion for obvious reasons. Also, considering the amount of bystanders there are in the plaza at any given time, there are numbers of them. One guy with a knife probably won't have to be FearRPed by a large group. (Correct me if I'm wrong, staff-)
Even still, it's not reliable that anyone in the crowd at that given time would want to do anything anyway, tons of people have watched massive events and stood by doing actually shit all, and even massive killings where they stand there and do nothing. Most gangrpers don't use knives nowadays anyway, it's katanas of naginatas. You would 100% fear a psychopath with a naginata stabbing someone in the fucking throat infront of you.
Timezones will always be an issue, unfortunately.
It's an easily fixable one. Refer to last post. Maybe KPD applications shouldn't be based on who's more likeable lol.
I believe you misunderstood my point. Though there may not be an immediate fight as opposition, you're still going to face your consequences later. If your character doesn't fear arrest, that's probably a violation of the FearRP rule.
You fear arrest when you're about to be arrested, not when there's cops off in the bahamas drinking pina coladas doing actually nothing.
I believed my statement was straightforward as well. Please read the preceding sentence in my post again.
Same, please read my last post.
My bad if this is true. Even so, they still have lives outside of SRP and cannot be on 24/7.
Okay, your bad. Hire more cops, simple.
It's a figure of speech?...
Okay.

Polar

Level 100
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
I still stand by my -1 as you can easily pin point your target and kill then elsewhere, it's not that hard to just properly roleplay and plan your attacks.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
I still stand by my -1 as you can easily pin point your target and kill then elsewhere, it's not that hard to just properly roleplay and plan your attacks.
It's extremely hard, I know you wouldn't understand as you only do planned killings with akihito, but that's not easy anymore.

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
you can easily pin point your target and kill then elsewhere
Its actually not easy to "pin point" your target, they could be hiding in the kpd, mountains, sewers, that one hidden place that no1 goes to, overall it'd just take you 40 minutes to find that same person if you lost track of them for 5 seconds.

remember that you have to be online for 40 mins - 1 hour and if you just hide in a corner crouching no1s gonna find you

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+

Ah yes let me pull out a sword in the middle of like 30 people and cctv cameras makes sense
This is exactly what I meant in the start of my suggestion, people that never gangrped once in their life -1'ing this just so that gangrp would die because of a small thing they had w one gangrp person.

Lizalopod

Level 130
you've never gangroleplayed in your life so this is expected of a response. To be completely honest, I'll say this bluntly.

WHO.
GON.
STOP.
ME???

No-one in the crowd will do anything, CCTV in all black clothing masked is going to catch me? No.
let's say we're actually living humans in a real-world yeah? And not players on a roleplay server. If you try to kill someone in a room with 40 other people, the 40 other people will naturally try to stop you. Therefore, knowing that the result of you threatening to kill someone with a weapon will be basically your own undoing, you would refrain from doing so. Basically, the rule exists to keep roleplay more realistic...

And I understand that I haven't gang roleplayed before, but that shouldn't prevent me from posting my opinion about the rule in the first place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
let's say we're actually living humans in a real-world yeah? And not players on a roleplay server. If you try to kill someone in a room with 40 other people, the 40 other people will naturally try to stop you. Therefore, knowing that the result of you threatening to kill someone with a weapon will be basically your own undoing, you would refrain from doing so. Basically, the rule exists to keep roleplay more realistic...

And I understand that I haven't gang roleplayed before, but that shouldn't prevent me from posting my opinion about the rule in the first place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Plaza isn't a room though, and realistically if I killed someone IRL I'd run up, stab them multiple times and they wouldn't wait 10 minutes to die, I wouldn't have to /roll 150 to kill someone. "Therefore, knowing that the result of you threatening to kill someone with a weapon will be basically your own undoing." Yeah, I'd of already commited to this when I ran up and stabbed the dude eight times bro. "Roleplay more realistic" Dawg, GHOSTS EXIST IN THIS ROLEPLAY, IT'S BASED OFF OF BLEACH!!! IT'S LITERALLY AN ANIME.

"And I understand that I haven't gang roleplayed before, but that shouldn't prevent me from posting my opinion about the rule in the first place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯."
watch this, you need it.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Plaza isn't a room though, and realistically if I killed someone IRL I'd run up, stab them multiple times and they wouldn't wait 10 minutes to die, I wouldn't have to /roll 150 to kill someone. "Therefore, knowing that the result of you threatening to kill someone with a weapon will be basically your own undoing." Yeah, I'd of already commited to this when I ran up and stabbed the dude eight times bro. "Roleplay more realistic" Dawg, GHOSTS EXIST IN THIS ROLEPLAY, IT'S BASED OFF OF BLEACH!!! IT'S LITERALLY AN ANIME.

"And I understand that I haven't gang roleplayed before, but that shouldn't prevent me from posting my opinion about the rule in the first place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯."
watch this, you need it.

Video really doesnt change my opinion honestly. I would gang roleplay if the current meta didn't consist of people failrping half the time, calling staff, having heated arguments about permissions, killing people with no real meaning apart from wAHOO we got pERMS, metagaming in vc, etc. Because... what fun is that? And its not as simple as "join a more story based gang" because when committing criminal activities you're going to run into the rest of the gangs anyways.

Thats still just my opinion though, people are free to say what they like.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
Video really doesnt change my opinion honestly. I would gang roleplay if the current meta didn't consist of people failrping half the time, calling staff, having heated arguments about permissions, killing people with no real meaning apart from wAHOO we got pERMS, metagaming in vc, etc. Because... what fun is that? And its not as simple as "join a more story based gang" because when committing criminal activities you're going to run into the rest of the gangs anyways.

Thats still just my opinion though, people are free to say what they like.
Realistically, your points still a L because if you saw someone with a fucking polearm that had a large pointy thing, a TEN-FOOT naginata, you would not stand there and go "Hmmm...Guess I'll dive at that dude with the ten-foot pole that just stabbed someone in the throat! Seems like a good idea to me!"

"And its not as simple as "join a more story based gang" because when committing criminal activities you're going to run into the rest of the gangs anyways." - Akihito exists.

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+

Going to be real with you,

I had times where I’ve gone to get bevvs at the gas station and the block literally gets shot @

No one who ain’t affiliated with bro getting ran down on the street is going to his rescue. We all get down & flee cause they got a weapon; doesn’t matter if the random pedestrians outnumber them; your running for your life cause attacking them gains you nothing but risking your life

I do agree it’s better stuff doesn’t happen at spawn; though street violence is more common in real life then kidnap and in a way; is more realistic. That’s my final input on the matter

Last edited:

Emiyo | Layla

Level 37

sorry, i feel as the rule should stay :) i dont wanna be gettin killed at the plaza. plus people should fearRP being caught and killing people in public

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
the rule exists to keep roleplay more realistic...
...if someone killed sm1 infront of me I'd run away, not stop the guy...
if we wanted to make roleplay more realistic then karakura wouldnt exist in the first place
karakura would be a place filled w trash (no1 to clean trash)
karakura would be a filled w military because of the amount of crime
mike wouldnt be the mayor (no elections were held)
so many stuff would be different if we wanted to make it more realistic

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
calling staff, having heated arguments about permissions, killing people with no real meaning apart from wAHOO we got pERMS, metagaming in vc
be the person changing it instead of arguin abt it
if you just try to change the way gangrp by helping out new players or simply not doing what you just mentioned, slowly gangrp could change too, but you just argue abt it instead of being the change you want it to be

Lizalopod

Level 130
Realistically, your points still a L because if you saw someone with a fucking polearm that had a large pointy thing, a TEN-FOOT naginata, you would not stand there and go "Hmmm...Guess I'll dive at that dude with the ten-foot pole that just stabbed someone in the throat! Seems like a good idea to me!"

"And its not as simple as "join a more story based gang" because when committing criminal activities you're going to run into the rest of the gangs anyways." - Akihito exists.
Except my point isnt really about the people fighting back, its about a criminal committing a crime in a busy area. Like yonio said, it makes more sense to pick them off somewhere away from people, not somewhere everyone can see what you're doing.

This doesn't even affect gangrp all that much either, just do it somewhere not public? Like is it really that necessary to kill someone in a crowded place?

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
Except my point isnt really about the people fighting back, its about a criminal committing a crime in a busy area. Like yonio said, it makes more sense to pick them off somewhere away from people, not somewhere everyone can see what you're doing.

This doesn't even affect gangrp all that much either, just do it somewhere not public? Like is it really that necessary to kill someone in a crowded place?
killing in public irl happens all the time, sorry irl murderers forgot to fear roleplay the air.

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
This doesn't even affect gangrp all that much either
This part of your message itself shows that you dont care & dont know about the gangrp community, it affects gangrp alot because you'd be removing a place that has high crime activity just because you arent able to pattern up your activity.

Infi

Level 127
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
The plaza is not your personal Walmart. Just because you can pull a weapon and stab someone & get away with it doesn’t mean you’re not obligated to fear the consequences as you are required to roleplay as realistically as possible. People who commit crimes such as murder don’t do it in open public as casually as GangRPers do on SRP. This rule was rightfully implemented to not only increase realism, but also prevent utter chaos in srp’s number one hotspot.

Besides, as yonio said, the rule applies to people who pull weapons for no reason. You all are gangrpers. You should know you have the option to kidnap and bring to an alternative location before pulling your weapons out and stabbing someone in THE most public area on SRP.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
The plaza is not your personal Walmart. Just because you can pull a weapon and stab someone & get away with it doesn’t mean you’re not obligated to fear the consequences as you are required to roleplay as realistically as possible. People who commit crimes such as murder don’t do it in open public as casually as GangRPers do on SRP. This rule was rightfully implemented to not only increase realism, but also prevent utter chaos in srp’s number one hotspot.

Besides, as yonio said, the rule applies to people who pull weapons for no reason. You all are gangrpers. You should know you have the option to kidnap and bring to an alternative location before pulling your weapons out and stabbing someone in THE most public are on SRP.
Who said it was walmart? "Fear the consequences" - uh oh! I just grabbed my TEN-FOOT LONG POLEARM with a MASSIVE FUCKING HALBERD on the end, whatever will I do with it? I'm fearing using my MASSIVE FUCKING POLEARM incase of the consequences! Better not stab anyone with this ten-foot long murder weapon i illegally bought.

With the logic you're bringing, why would I buy from BMD? I'm fearing the consequences of getting caught with a weapon. Why would I join a gang!?!?! Aaah gang affiliation my consequences noooooo!!!!!

Flawed logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread