mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

GETTING MARRIED IN SCHROOLRP: IS IT WORTH IT?

DylanDeNewb

Level 35
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
As an unmarried individual, I can confirm it is not worth it

Hamburger

Level 190
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
As one whose characters may never be married in their entire lives, I think it's worth it.

philbertman42

Level 139
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Asuka Deguchi was engaged with somebody, but then the player who played that character quit the server. We never discussed what happened ICly, so his character mysteriously "disappeared," thus sending her deeper into her own madness.

Yeah, I'd say it's worth it

Birdie

Level 13
One of my characters just got married. The other, I can't imagine ever getting married.
I think it's worth it if you like the dynamic between your characters, enjoy rp with the player behind your spouse, and want to rp a family life for that character.

Being that this is just a cute block rp, go for it. Not like you can't change your mind later.

Miamorchito

Level 22
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
Are we talking about SRP or IRL?

Either answer is NO. . . They just take your money and run away at the end of the day. Don't fall for it, soldier; stay strong.

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 78
Community Team
Media Team
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega
I mean, as a person who has characters who are married ICly (3 characters to be exact), I'd say it's worth it AS LONG as it's someone you trust OOCly cause worse case majority of the time, if its someone you don't really know OOCly they either get ban or quit the server.

But ICly aspect its really worth it! Not only does it make good lore for your character, it gives both yours and the other player's character development as well. :)

ReverendDubs

Level 15
Revra
Revra
Notable
It helps add depth, but that's only the case when you have a good connection between icly and oocly.
So I guess it depends on your situation, in my opinion, it's worth it.

SIMPL3Z

Level 102
Community Team
Lore Team
If it is with a character and person who you know and trust. Not that they would randomly quit or anything like that, I would say it is worth it.

Leo_14

Level 8
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
I believe it depends on if your playing for the long or short term, as I experienced family RP and I believe its quite a great experience if done correctly!

[grade-12 [Councillor] Leo Itsuka
[Grade-12] Mala Makulova

Last edited:

ErikFinster

Level 121
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
MarriageRP seems like an interesting RP setup.
It feeds right into FamilyRP and long-term relationships, which can be incredibly rewarding (OOCly and ICly).
Maybe I'll try it some time, when my character gets an adult role or is at least in college.

RippedZan

Level 12
RippedZan
RippedZan
Omega+
I haven't been married in the server yet, but I played divorced characters who have only recently came to the city. I would say getting married ICly are worth it, just depends on your views on it.

AppaRp

Level 13
AppaRP
AppaRP
Omega+
Ive had 2 chars that are married. Id say its worth it but it depends.
OOC: Before getting married icly you should have a good understanding and friendship with the spouse so that if they quit or get banned you know.
IC: Your chars have to be 20+ to be married and it be legal and official in the eyes of the government. It brings great lore and opens the door to family rp

Something i wish i didnt have to bring up but it has happened to me in the past…
Make sure your chars spouse knows that just because they are married you guys are not oocly dating… Someone has tried to tell me in the past that since our chars were dating we were oocly dating.

GEBynum

Level 59
GEBynum
GEBynum
Rich
Ive had 2 chars that are married. Id say its worth it but it depends.
OOC: Before getting married icly you should have a good understanding and friendship with the spouse so that if they quit or get banned you know.
IC: Your chars have to be 20+ to be married and it be legal and official in the eyes of the government. It brings great lore and opens the door to family rp

Something i wish i didnt have to bring up but it has happened to me in the past…
Make sure your chars spouse knows that just because they are married you guys are not oocly dating… Someone has tried to tell me in the past that since our chars were dating we were oocly dating.
That person just sounds a little lonely.. sorry that happened ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread