pyrosprites
pyrosprites
Rich+
IGN:
pyrosprites

DATE:
12/11/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
In my opinion, a property change floor block option would be a terrific addition.
Like the build battle configuration on a specific server. Simply put, we grab the
block from the creative editmode inventory and select the modify block option.
When you click it, the floor will change depending on the block type you choose.

There are no drawbacks to this except for the cramped apartment buildings; most
aren't, but there are those that share the floor and roof as a single layer.

1668268380786.png

( I got bored and decided to make an item texture/sprite for it )

1668270046453.png

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This will allow server players to have more control over their apartment designs. To
add flooring, players would frequently construct on top of the initial layer. Some
players will appreciate having an entire layer of their residence to work with instead
of using a whole layer to have flooring meet their designs.

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
neutral mostly, Another way to do this could be to just include the ground level in the apartment plot size, by moving the region down by One Y level as that would allow people to break the floor and replace it with whatever block they want or make patterns in the ground instead having it a solid one block.

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
+1 I'd love to see this if it were possible, however, while it'd be lovely, it'd take up impossible amounts of staff's time to have implemented, I believe. . .

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't know exactly how every apartment block is structured, but doing this might cause conflicts between properties since one person's floor might be another person's ceiling.

To have this work, they would need to go through every individual property and manually set boundaries for floors (unless there is a simpler solution, but only the devs could say for sure).

I personally don't care one way or the other, though I doubt this will be implemented.

pyrosprites

Level 3
pyrosprites
pyrosprites
Rich+
I don't know exactly how every apartment block is structured, but doing this might cause conflicts between properties since one person's floor might be another person's ceiling.

To have this work, they would need to go through every individual property and manually set boundaries for floors (unless there is a simpler solution, but only the devs could say for sure).

I personally don't care one way or the other, though I doubt this will be implemented.
that has been mentioned in the post <3

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

They'd have to redefine every apartment region for this, along with messing with permissions to even allow players to do this.

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
In my opinion, a property change floor block option would be a terrific addition.
Like the build battle configuration on a specific server. Simply put, we grab the
block from the creative editmode inventory and select the modify block option.
When you click it, the floor will change depending on the block type you choose.

There are no drawbacks to this except for the cramped apartment buildings; most
aren't, but there are those that share the floor and roof as a single layer.
+1...I want my cake floor

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Reviewed
Whilst this would be a great feature, this would require us to alter the regions of ALL apartments and houses. Not only this, some apartment blocks don't have thick enough floors for this to work properly. This may be something we add in future if we ever change our housing system

Users who are viewing this thread