mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted gothichearts' | Lawyer application

kirbs

Level 3

PLAYER INFORMATION
。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。

In-game Name:
gothichearts (Alt/Account I'm Applying with)
lovesage (Main Account)

Previous bans (include appeal links):
I have never had to appeal a ban. I was banned when I first joined SchoolRP as a new player for too many warnings, and that's about it. This could be wrong.

Discord Tag:
sage!#6501

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, I do.

Timezone & Country:
CST [Central Standard Time] Country: America

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
I find myself coming online everyday after school, and I do have a lot of freetime so I would give myself a 8/10 for activity. My activity mostly consists of attempting to meet new people, and roleplaying with those I’m already friends with.

IN CHARACTER SECTION
。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。

What position are you applying for?:
I am applying for the position of, Lawyer.

What is your motivation for applying?:
My involvement with the debate team at my high school gives me a chance to utilize my personal life experiences outside of the classroom, which allows me to tap into and utilize my skills and knowledge outside of school. I can say without a doubt that I am a huge fan of almost any sort of debate between two or more people, regardless of whether or not it is an argument between the people involved. As a student, I am continually challenged to prove my subject to be true by fighting for the truth to be established. As a result, as a result of this, I am able to bring something of great value to myself in my everyday life. As a person who is passionate about the subjects I work on, I find it very valuable and rewarding to be able to do what I enjoy so much. Due to the fact that I enjoy debate in real life, I believe that the lawyer role in SchoolRP would be a great fit for me, and as a result, if that is the case, then I feel that I would make an excellent candidate for it, especially since the role of a lawyer includes utilizing my skills as a lawyer to establish the innocence of the individual I represent by using evidence and speaking skills to my advantage.

In my experience as a member of any community, I am most passionate about the opportunity to be involved. I believe that being a part of something is one of the best things in life, whether it be something small or something big. In order to gain a better understanding of the community, I am submitting an application for the role of a lawyer to help me gain more insight into the community. We as lawyers have the opportunity to work on criminal cases, which means we are able to engage in activities in our community that allow us to enhance our roleplaying experience as we work on criminal cases. I think that one of the most amazing features of the server is the ability for other people to join in on the roleplaying experience, as well as the ability for me to enjoy the experience myself, which is something I think is one of the most rewarding aspects of it. It is one of the most amazing aspects of the server in my opinion.

It is also important to note that knowledge is something that can be used forever along with these two reasons. I would like to point out that even though this is just a roleplay, I am hoping that in the process of roleplaying being a lawyer, I might be able to expand my knowledge about things related to the Justice System In real life. Having the ability to find myself in situations that force me to do more research, or just generally force me to think harder is something that I would love to have the opportunity to experience more often. It is a strong belief of mine that having a broad range of experience in life can help you so much in any area of your life.

• Debate
  • Being More Involved in the Community
  • Expanding my Knowledge Further.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
I have a very good understanding of Karakuras laws and constitutional rights.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:

OOCLY:
I have some goals for my ICLY motivations that I would like to achieve. My goal is to harden my attitude towards debate, both in real life and in ICLY, in order to improve my performance in both areas. In order to be considered for this position which is to become a lawyer, I know I will have to bring that aspect of my personality into my character. This will enable me to benefit myself in the long run as well as give me the opportunity to develop my character more comprehensively in the future.

Actually, I would like to have a character with which I can strategize as well as create a different atmosphere by employing a variety of role-playing techniques in order to provide a more immersive experience. As far as my motivations for playing games are concerned, I'm mostly motivated by the desire to create and be in things that I myself would be passionate about, and for my character to be passionate about, along with needing to engage in some serious roleplaying and interact with others the people in the faction, in a different way. However, despite that, I would still like to be able to create a new character who has a new definition to it. As I have not enjoyed working on characters very much in the past, I think that it will be a goal of mine to create a character that I will be able to write content for so that I can enjoy working on them more often.​
  • Pursuing something I am passionate about.​
  • Being able to work on a character with similar interests.​
  • Experiencing new immersive roleplay.
ICLY:
Do I have a goal for my character that I want to achieve? This question can be answered in a very simple way. The first thing I want her to realize is that she will not always be able to win every case that she takes on. Because of the type of personality that she has, she tends to see the best in all the people she meets, never noticing the flaws that dwell within them, but always focusing on the positive aspects of everyone she meets. This is great news for her as a lawyer, as it means that she will be able to truly represent her clients when they hire her as a lawyer. For this reason, I would like her to take a look at a few cases that would demonstrate just how horrible an individual can be, or simply to accept the fact that not everyone is a good person. I want her to always try her best at all times, but I also want her to realize that not everything will turn out well for her, and that is what is most important to me in the end.​
  • Having flaws for the character.​
  • Being able have ideas for my character.​
In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
If you ask me what the job I am applying for does for the government you will find out that it performs a variety of tasks. In any government, even those with higher powers, there is no doubt that lawyers are a key element. There is a duty that lawyers have that is among the most important in the world. They have the privilege of being the voice of those who need help in order to stand up for themselves or to help innocent people who have been falsely accused. It is the responsibility of a Lawyer to have a broad vocabulary that is full of the different words that may be used by him or her to defend the client he or she represents. An example of one of the lawyer's duties is to speak up for the client during a court trial, which means that they must be ready to try to convince the judge to take their side in the case. In light of the fact that this is the primary reason why lawyers are hired for the job, they are also given the responsibility of doing small tasks that are not so crucial.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I do acknowledge I may be removed at any given time.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
I am well aware I am expected to have full dedication to my position.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I completely agree that there should be no bias and I do fully understand I pay get punished for any biased terms.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
I have read through and do agree with the faction rules and regulations.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
I am able to attend anything, unless I state otherwise. If I cannot make it, it’s due to an real life thing, and I’ll be sure to make an inactivity check.

IN CHARACTER SECTION
。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。

Full name:
Esme took a seat in her chair, smiling brightly. Her hands clenched together into a ball, gently placing them on the table. She was ready for the interview.

“My name is Esme Faure, I am a twenty eight year old woman… I preferred to be called by the title Miss Faure, or simply just Esme with Co-Workers. I grew up in Paris with my mother and sister, and I went to school mainly for Law.”

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Miss.

Current age:

Date of birth:
2/14/1994

Academic Degree:
PHD

Major(s):
Criminology
Sociology

Minor(s):
Multimedia Journalism

Work experience:
She’d tap her finger against the table gently, letting out a small huff,

“Well, I actually do not have any work experience relating to being a lawyer. This will be my first time getting an official job in this field. Besides that, I worked at a Resteraunt before.”

Political background:

The crack of dawn laid open the Karakuran winter one morning, one like all the rest. But in a lovely morning of cruelty and backstabbing that made the town known in the alleyways as the absolute worst place to be in the nation of Japan, of course nothing will always stay happy forever. In fact, people would come to find very quickly in this city that sleeps only when the final body is placed into the coffin and the final man standing goes ever so gently into the good night, that this is a place of utter hopelessness.

Esmé Faure, a daughter born into a family of two, would soon realize that her stable life would quickly come to an end. As she reached the age of nineteen years of age, her mother would be arrested with force by the Karakura Police Department under suspicion of possession, use and distribution of illegal substances that had been the new local flavor on the streets. The name had been lost to time.. It didn’t really matter anyways, just that it was hard and carried a hefty punishment to whoever dared to carry it. And once a mistake is made, all suspects are guilty until proven innocent in a lawless court.

Ariella Faure was one of such people, guilty until proven innocent by a charge that made about as much sense as any decision made by those who’d rather abuse their power of ‘justice’ rather than use it as a force for good. A co-worker of her’s had been enjoying a bit of the new stuff when the police came knocking. They gave their usual warning, about how all were to exit the building with their empty hands shown clearly so that not a shot was to be fired off by a trigger happy boy in blue. Each member at the office exited the building in a single file line, seeing not one, not two, but six steel barrels pointed directly at their skull as they stepped through the arch. Each person was placed up against a wall and had all of their belongings searched. A snarky officer slowly pulled up a tiny ziplock bag filled to the brim with the ice. The bag itself had no name, but the one that it had been pulled from was none other than Arella’s. She was placed in cuffs and roughly transported to the police station, where she would remain until her trial.

Esmé’s family struggled and failed to find any law firm that would be affordable enough to defend her beloved mother in court. So when the time came for the trial, they were stuck with a court appointed lawyer that truly didn’t care about the case in the slightest. Win or lose they’d be paid by the state and that is really all that mattered to them. In the endless pursuit of money that plagued the system really would be the death of some unfortunate souls that simply could not afford the care of another. The trial lasted not long at all, rather than going over the facts of the case, everyone seemed to want to go home for the night. And they would! But not the one who’s life was on the line. Rather she’d be spending the next twenty years of her life wasting away in a cell at a detention center full of people who, just like her, were put there under false judgment by her peers.

Esmé fell into a deep depression, secluding herself in her room only to leave when she was either on the brink of starvation or had to provide for her much younger sister, Anna. It took her quite some time for her to recover, losing family does that to people. After about a month, Esmé began to exit her room again more often. Anna needed someone to take care of her, and with the Faure father gone and the mother locked up, it fell to siblings to fend for each other as they grew older. Anna was the baby of the family so it had come to Esmé to provide what her mother couldn’t from behind bars. A family of ties that bind, two sisters fending off the world while they try so desperately to stay afloat.

It didn’t take long for Esmé to realize that she’d be in her mother’s shoes if she wasn’t careful in a city full of sinners and devils alike. She began to read up on criminal law and justice, taking a few side courses in her college as the days went by. But as she got more and more enveloped in the tight grasp of intrigue, Esmé ended up switching her major study over to law. It would take a lot longer, and oh boy would it be very expensive. But this was what the woman would decide to do with her life. As the years past and she began to study up on law, she visited her mother in prison often. They had deep conversations about the good, the bad, and the lawless. They tried to touch through the holes in the glass, just a pinky finger, but they felt the flesh of their mother for the first time in years. It felt like things were finally going to change. They were, she could feel it. She could feel it in her bones, flesh and soul that things were finally going to be okay for her.

As Esmé walked out of the college, she smiled as she clutched the degree that she worked seven long years for. Anna had grown up, not quite an adult yet, but Esmé would finally be able to provide everything for her in the closing years of her teenage life. Esmé walked home, wrapping the leather wrapped degree in her coat. As she walked across the street, she found everything perfect.. It was finally time for her to give herself a new life. To give her sister a new life. And to redeem the life of her mother, who had done not a single crime to get herself behind bars.

Nationality & born location:
French, Paris

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
French, JSL, and Japanese

Criminal record:
N/A

What makes you a good candidate for this job?:

She began to look very serious, far more serious from before.

"There is no doubt in my mind that I am a fantastic candidate. I have a great deal of dedication to this job as I have experienced first hand things that inspired me to step into the political field. It is my dream to be able to help those who need help, a lawyer, a person that can provide for their basic needs as well as fend for themselves. It's really just a marvelous thing to be able to do, something that may be able to help people in some way. There is really nothing more that I want than to be a part of a changing force in Karakura, no matter how small the force may be. I believe that makes me suitable for the role.”

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Thank you for applying for the Government Faction, after careful review, the higher ups and I have decided to keep this application PENDING. We loved your application but we are currently full on spots for this position.

Thank you for applying, feel free to DM me at oZinth#0001 if you have any questions/concerns.

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:​
  • Please get in touch with me via Discord, Aania#0117, to start the process and get you set up!​

Welcome to the Government Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread