Accepted Governor || MrEnderdragon74's Application

Governor || MrEnderdragon74's Application

PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:
MrEnderdragon74

Discord Tag:
mrenderdragon74

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, although I'd rather not speak, I will be able to use it for most of the time I am active or available if necessary.

Timezone & Country:
GMT-5 (CDT) | United States of America

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate my activity level as 6.7. Regrettably, I have not been able to play on the server as much due to getting busier. However, if I were accepted and became a governor, my activity level would likely increase to 8/10 as I would be more motivated to play the role of governor. Nevertheless, I sometimes will still be occupied with school and other responsibilities. However, as I am getting less schoolwork I will have more free time to play.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:
I am applying to hopefully become a Governor.

What is your motivation for applying?:
Though there are many reasons for my interest in becoming a governor, there are 3 main reasons. Firstly, I have spent quite a bit of my free time playing this server, and the entire time I played the role of a high schooler. Playing this role has so many enjoyable moments, but having played it for so long, it had me wondering what it would be like to be in a faction. I originally looked at becoming a doctor, but that didn't intrigue me as much as I had wished. During my search for a new role to play, my friend was applying to become a lawyer while he was writing his application, I thought about applying to be a lawyer or a reporter, but the more I looked into it the more I realized they just weren't for me. My friend put copious effort into his application so he was accepted shortly thereafter, and during a trial he was attending I saw the governors and thought that it could actually be a fun experience. Secondly, while thinking about the job, it reminded me of my favorite former governor "DarkEclipic". And just reminded me of all the nice interactions I'd had with DarkEclipic's character, as well as the many other friendly governors I'd met. Lastly, as I continued thinking about becoming a governor, and after some reading on the tasks and goals of governors, I honestly thought it sounded pretty fun. Being able to interact and help out the populace of Karakura just seems like a perk rather than the job itself. After asking my friend about the responsibilities and duties, I was even more intrigued by the job. After much consideration, I realized that I wanted to become a governor.

OOCly, a job dealing with legislation has always been of some interest to me. Although I never did well enough in school no matter how hard I tried, it was always of interest to me. Having this role could help me satisfy the part that wants to deal with legislation. So while I most likely won't be pursuing something like this OOCly, I can say with confidence, that I would be committed to the role.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
I would say I have a decent understanding of Karakura's laws and rights, as ICly, my friend is a lawyer and has taught me much about Karakura's laws and regulations. And OOCly, I have read through and asked many questions about the laws, rights, and their implications/interactions with each other.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
I have several goals both for myself, as well as my character.

My Character's goals:
  • Becoming someone who can be looked up to
  • Help the citizens of Karakura
  • Learn the opinions and thoughts behind people's political beliefs
  • Strive to accurately inform the public through public speeches
  • Gain a better understanding of the views and opinions of the people of Karakura
  • Be a friendly face to the town of Karakura and its populous
My goals:
  • Build meaningful relationships with others in the faction
  • Gain an understanding of the interworkings of the government faction
  • Roleplaying this very intriguing part of SchoolRP as a whole
  • Learn more about trials and how to properly document them
  • Experiencing all of the different people and characters I would be able to interact and converse with

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
The position of Governor in the Karakura government is of great importance. It encapsulates a broad spectrum of responsibilities, including managing the front desk, issuing identification cards, and addressing inquiries from Karakura's populace. Moreover, Governors undertake several crucial tasks including but not limited to assisting with business establishment and verification records, officiating marriages, public trial announcements, and delivering speeches for public engagement. During court proceedings, they act as a sort of bailiff, and document trials meticulously, thus ensuring a comprehensive tool for future reference. Imperatively, governors must carry out these duties with the utmost diligence, to ensure not only the government's smooth functioning but also its citizens' well-being.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I fully acknowledge and accept that I may be removed from the faction upon acceptance.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
If I am accepted, I am prepared to be fully committed to the role of governor.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Yes, I am aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone will result in punishment. I understand it is important to remain fair and unbiased.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
I have carefully reviewed and accepted the rules and guidelines of the Government Faction.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
As long as I receive the details beforehand, I can attend weekly meetings and events and will make every reasonable effort to do so. In the event I cannot attend, I will give notice as soon as I am able.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

download (1).png

Full name:
"My name is Jackson Glaz"

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
"I prefer to be referred to as Jackson, but Mr. Glaz if formality is required."

Current age:
"I am 30 years old as of this July"

Date of birth:
"I was born July 7th 1993"

Academic Degree:
"I graduated cum laude with a bachelor's degree from Stanford University in Stanford, California."

Major(s):
"I hold a major in political science specializing in international politics."

Minor(s):
"I have minors in both Communications and Business."

Work experience:
"Before I was even in college, I worked a few jobs here and there, but nothing that would be of much significance. While I was in college, I had gotten internships at a few places around the state, and I used these opportunities to gain much-needed experience in the workplace, as most jobs in the government field require years of experience. I worked those various internships throughout all of college and after graduating, I was pretty quickly able to find a job as a legislative assistant for the state of California. This job was crucial for me as it provided me with hands-on experience and insight into the requirements and duties of the field. I learned much of the information from that job alone that I would need for a career in government. I remained as an assistant in California from 2015 until 2020, after which I resigned from the position and moved back home to Karakura."

Political background:
"While I try my best to remain politically indifferent, I understand the importance of political beliefs and the importance they have to individuals and society as a whole. I believe that it's crucial to have an open mind and engage in meaningful conversations with people who have different political views than your own. It's important to listen to others' perspectives and try to understand their reasoning, rather than immediately dismissing them just because they have a different opinion than you. In terms of my own political standings, I tend to lean ever so slightly towards the left, but I also don't fully consider myself on either side. I believe that there are valid arguments to be made from both sides, and it's important to be open to hearing them. At the end of the day, I believe that the most important thing is to treat others with kindness and respect, regardless of their political beliefs."

Nationality & born location:
"I am Japanese, and was born here in Karakura."

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
"Japanese, JSL, and English"

Criminal record:
"I currently have a clean criminal record and plan to keep it that way."

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
"I am confident in my abilities and can apply them in various situations. One thing I do well is truly respecting opinions, especially when those opinions differ from my own. I like to have a genuine conversation or a debate. I would much rather try to understand where they are coming from, and why they believe what they do, or even try to have them understand why my beliefs differ from their own than just tell them they are wrong and I am right. I have gained valuable feedback from many people with differing opinions on why they think what they do, as well as I have been convinced of beliefs I didn't originally believe in, due to the fact I would rather understand than fight about it. I want to make a change and be someone who is working hard to make this town better. I have dedicated my entire life to working internships anywhere I could, just so that after I got my degree, I would have the experience to get a better job so I could earn my way to become someone who has the ability to make the change that we as a town need. And now I have that opportunity, if I am given the opportunity to become governor, I will do my damndest to enact the change that is much needed."

"Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you. Please have a good day"

:3

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
ACCEPTED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me on Discord, @adalynoc to start the process and get you set !

Welcome to the Government Faction !

Users who are viewing this thread