mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Grab System | Athenuss

Zaropz

Level 8
IGN: Athenuss
DATE: 12th of July
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I would like to suggest a new grab System. It will still include the command /grab. When it's used an successful the player that is grabbed can't move. That means that in u won't be able to move even if you try to without actioning. If you action to ungrab from the attacker, the attacker then will do the command /ungrab which will still release the player but won't be able to move by CombatRP rules. If the player disconnects from the server when grabbed or when out of grab but without actioning to dip (yes this will also include cooldown for no logging off after the ungrab) they will be punished by staff.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: It will make FailRPing more uncommon in situations where the defender is trying to do everything to avoid it. It will also teach new players more about the server and its combatrp system.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
This new system will still allow people to failRP so I don't see much of a solution here. Sure it sounds nice at first glance but when implemented it wouldn't make much of a difference. Plus what if people (especially those who aren't clear on rules) just start /grabbing people without /ungrab? It'll create more problems than just creating a ticket explaining failRP and including screenshots if pushed further.

Zaropz

Level 8
This new system will still allow people to failRP so I don't see much of a solution here. Sure it sounds nice at first glance but when implemented it wouldn't make much of a difference. Plus what if people (especially those who aren't clear on rules) just start /grabbing people without /ungrab? It'll create more problems than just creating a ticket explaining failRP and including screenshots if pushed further.
You are right! And on second thought sometimes staff isn't the best with fast reply! (Pls don't ban me just my opinion)

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
this can be abused in an endless amount of ways, but the most prominent issue i see is the fact that literally anyone can run up to u, /grab u for no reason, and make u freeze in place. although "yeah u can just get staff" it's still gonna be annoying and the current system works fine just the way it is, be glad we're not still in the phase of doing "/me grabs" from like 20 blocks away and claiming it was in range

good concept, but with the server's circumstances it just won't work

Zaropz

Level 8
this can be abused in an endless amount of ways, but the most prominent issue i see is the fact that literally anyone can run up to u, /grab u for no reason, and make u freeze in place. although "yeah u can just get staff" it's still gonna be annoying and the current system works fine just the way it is, be glad we're not still in the phase of doing "/me grabs" from like 20 blocks away and claiming it was in range

good concept, but with the server's circumstances it just won't work
Thanks for the feedback!

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I am in agreement with the legendary Lizalopod. If we lived in a perfect world this system would be dope to have, however players will unfortunately abuse it :(

I know this because I would

EnderBubs

Level 58

Though the idea and concept is good! It would stop people from failrping and keep running but as others have said I see this being abused SO MUCH to the point where it would ruin it and make it just annoying
For example with the tasers KPD has. We have to do either /unstun to unstun you or you will be unstunned in a minute. For this the player who grabbed you would have to do the command to ungrab you so what’s stopping them from just grabbing you and dipping and not entering the command? Leaving you there just kinda stuck. It would be abused so much and cause issues i feel. Though the concept is good -1 because the community would just abuse it

CakeRPiscool

Level 54
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
-1 honestly it’s just a pain. It’s gonna be even more of a pain when greenies find out about this and just do it to troll. Staff would be handling hundreds of tickets. I may be exaggerating a bit but there would be lots of tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread