Greater realism in GangRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
I’m not against gangrp but why eyes? Like it’s an eye, leave them alone I guess- they’re important to our vision and day to day lives. We use them so why remove them? SRP has access to choose to cut of every limb that comes to mind so why the eyes? I don’t understand why the eyes are all targeted but yeah if it’s for lore purposes and there’s depth to why eyes are being removed then acceptable. But just for fun I don’t understand. However I’ll agree to the fact any sharp weapon can take an eye out because it’s sadly the truth. But personally let the eyes do what they’re meant to don’t take someone’s vision away.
This thread isn't an argument about GangRP or about if eyes should be allowed to be taken.. This is a suggestion to fix an arbitrary rule that really makes no sense

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
+1/-1
No reason why weapons like the PK or naginata can't stab out eyes, in terms of generic realism
But at the same time just don't touch the eyes like Mike shot zee suggested lmao

Edit: It's also sorta unrealistic that a character would stab out another person's eye, crippling them forever especially because of a petty reason, like getting knocked out. Taking any sort of limb should really have good writing behind it instead of "he knocked me out, there goes his leg."
depends where you live tbh, last month a worker at my subway got a dudes mayo order wrong n’ he killed him. Earlier this week some other kid died over petty stuff man. People have fragile egos, but Karakura shouldn’t be that wild or central city like since it’s in the middle of no whereA203B579-1082-4378-841E-DED47706371B.jpeg

Last edited:

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
I'm biased since I hate GangRP, but players really shouldn't have the opportunity to take eyes in the first place. At least with Karakura's prosthetics technology, people can still function if they lose a limb, but if you lose your eyes there's nothing you can do. All it would take is being majored twice in order to permanently cripple your character in a way that makes them impossible to play the way you designed them. If important limbs are removed for well thought out lore-driven reasons, then I'm all for it; but if some dude just says "haha heehee you knocked me out so now I take ur eye teehee >//w//<" then it feels like you just wasted your time and lost an important aspect of your character.

I agree with this view point
so

royyyy

Level 2
+1

While I do agree with what's being said about getting knocked out, it does not make sense that you are knocked out in a petty brawl and you decide to take a whole appendage, maybe if Major permissions were changed a small bit such as threatening with a weapon or a gang assault giving major perms I do believe a Pocket Knife and Nagi should have the ability to take eyes due to the fact that they are still bladed weapons and not being able to take them is almost most bladed weapons useless as a Nagi nor PK can't take limbs period so really only the tongue could be taken if you wish to majorly assault someone, making it so only Katana's can do so is just needlessly complicating things for GangRPers, especially Non VGM's and to respond to 'just don't take eyes out' sounds like an attempt to just disregard gangrper's opinions/suggestions as sometimes taking eyes has a personal icly reason to i.e a witness. If you don't want situations to escalate do not get yourself into them i.e antagonizing a fight or getting involved in criminal activity either as a bystander or opposition

jayseph

Level 25
jayseph_
jayseph_
Notable
Neutral
I don't see why those objects wouldn't be able to take an eye but like Kana, Ghost, and Mike have said, I don't see the reason why you want to take eyes so bad. If we're talking realism, people aren't just randomly taking limbs just because you got knocked out by them. Just as Kana said, good writing over realism. Realism is great and all but when it comes to getting in the way with actual roleplay and good writing, it doesn't need to be realistic. I put believability and good writing over realism anyday.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
neutral_face
This is not a valid argument against (what I think to be) valid criticism, some of it being from actual figures in the gang roleplay scene, one of them literally being Mike.

stop crying about your original character's legs being cut off. you shouldn’t be GANGRPING if you don’t want your character to get hurt or killed. or maybe just get better at gangrp? get better rolls. i don’t do p2l because there’s no RISK to it LOL. why would i p2l anyway? that’s just you trying to excuse your stalling. what the hell is a d slur? i’m getting staff, by the way. atoki is my favorite staff uwu. what do you mean my character doesn’t have a reason to do this? you knocked me out. what’s the difference between JockRP and GangRP? stop making stuff up. i have perms. i don’t want to waste them. talk to staff after this if you want to get it voided. like i said, just get better rolls and stop doing p2l. there’s no point anyway. no risk and no reward. plus i’m too lazy to type actions. cuultist is my favorite bmd btw, invest in a nagitana.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Neutral
I don't see why those objects wouldn't be able to take an eye but like Kana, Ghost, and Mike have said, I don't see the reason why you want to take eyes so bad. If we're talking realism, people aren't just randomly taking limbs just because you got knocked out by them. Just as Kana said, good writing over realism. Realism is great and all but when it comes to getting in the way with actual roleplay and good writing, it doesn't need to be realistic. I put believability and good writing over realism anyday.

The reason behind it is that gangrpers have found a way AROUND kps now that they know blinding a character results in that character being blind

heb's kps rule did not help much

SapouT

Level 21
IGN:
TheEnglishDuck
DATE:
03/11/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I would like to suggest that sharp weapons such as the Naginata or the Pocket Knife should be able to remove eyes, as there is no reason only a Katana should be able to do so. This is because staff have ruled that an eye is classified under the 'limb' stat of a weapon's 'Can remove limbs' and have voided eyes being taken by PKs and Naginatas
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
First of all, eyes are not limbs. It really does not make sense for this sort of limitation to be put in place, you could scoop out an eye with fingers if you wanted to; though the sugesstion isn't about that. It'd just make more sense to allow eyes, or other small body parts to be separate from limbs such as arms and legs, because giving the same rule to a squishy eye that could be plucked out easily versus a leg that has a giant bone in it, is pretty stupid.. If you don't accept this suggestion, then please.. PLEASE just add these things to the rules, it really makes no sense for restrictions to be put in place that people don't know about..
There is actually not much to discuss yk, a knife is capable of removing items, thats how stuff works like? It aint hard for a sharp pointy object to remove an eye

jayseph

Level 25
jayseph_
jayseph_
Notable
The reason behind it is that gangrpers have found a way AROUND kps now that they know blinding a character results in that character being blind

heb's kps rule did not help much
I know the general reason, I just find it very lackluster in the terms or actual roleplay.

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
people aren't just randomly taking limbs just because you got knocked out by them
I don't Gang-Roleplay at all but I'm here to say that this claim is not true, people kill each other, take away limbs and etc in real over dumb stuff, it honestly depends on where you live, Karakura is a high crime rate Town or City, just like some gang-roleplayers say, high-risk high reward if your character gets blinded then you'll need to learn how to roleplay as such, maybe you'll learn to love roleplay as a blind gangster

I think logic should work with roleplay, to have good writing realism and logic should also be included

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
I don't Gang-Roleplay at all but I'm here to say that this claim is not true, people kill each other, take away limbs and etc in real over dumb stuff
No... maybe occasionally, depending on the person, but fights happen literally all the time IRL. I've seen a million of them, but never have I EVER seen someone come back and take their limbs afterward...... I live near a crime-ridden area as well, but even disregarding realism, narratively it is the furthest thing from interesting. This is a roleplay server, not a game to disable each other's characters, that may be fun for some... but not the receiving end. Roleplay is about cooperation, and good writing, not perms or realism. Do you think realism exists in FantasyRP? It is not the focus of this server, instead, believability in writing should be the main focus... There is a clear crime lore, gang roleplayers should follow it to better roleplay their characters in a city like Karakura. These restrictions exist for purpose of doing this. I've advocated for realism many times, but good writing is ALWAYS more important.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
I don't understand this -1, and it seems much more like an 'Anti gangrp, -1 for the sake of it' type of response than anything else.
Didn't see this before, I have been in the gangrp community for years... I'm very much not anti-gangrp. I simply promote good writing over realism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread