greenies.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
This, it isn't and shouldn't be trendy to bully new players out of enjoying the game. When I joined SRP, I was extremely welcomed, I literally found my rp circle from the very second I spawned in (they were in front of me.)
RIGHTTT?

I remember when I joined long ago, I found a friend group the same day, and better yet, no one treated me like I shouldn't be spoken to simply because I was a new player

Nowadays, people purposely ignore or avoid new players simply because of a green tag or the way someone's Minecraft skin looks :(

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Wish we could go back in time... to the good old days....

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
It is overall pretty redundant to avoid new players and get mad at them for not understanding roleplay and how to do it properly. You can't learn everything through reading a forum post. You have to actually experience it, and when you do avoid them. They're forced to RP with other new players who also don't know how to do it properly. So it leads to more bad habits forming, and they can't properly learn with others who aren't experienced. This is coming from a current new player who is still learning.

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
They’re called “greenies” due to the reference from the maze runner, meaning new player that doesn’t understand the rules. It’s not a derogatory term, merely something us veteran players use to easily identify new players. It’s not by the tag, rather the experience.

That said, my opinion on greenies! I love them <3_<3. The most wholesome players. Despite some being a little trollish, they remind me of what it was like to not have any responsibility to the server. Very kind people as well, every chance I get I do my best to roleplay with them

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
It is overall pretty redundant to avoid new players and get mad at them for not understanding roleplay and how to do it properly. You can't learn everything through reading a forum post. You have to actually experience it, and when you do avoid them. They're forced to RP with other new players who also don't know how to do it properly. So it leads to more bad habits forming, and they can't properly learn with others who aren't experienced. This is coming from a current new player who is still learning.
I couldn’t have said it better to be honest. Players look down on new players. There was a time where people would wait in the spawn area to welcome new players and show them the ropes of the game, that was back in 2017. Sad how most people will just ignore or make fun of new players thinking that they won’t feel degraded or looked down on at all.

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
I couldn’t have said it better to be honest. Players look down on new players. There was a time where people would wait in the spawn area to welcome new players and show them the ropes of the game, that was back in 2017. Sad how most people will just ignore or make fun of new players thinking that they won’t feel degraded or looked down on at all.
From my experience, I can say I am still sorta cautious and sorta I guess "afraid" to roleplay with people outside my group of friends I've made due to just how I see other newer people being treated. I never got that treatment but I do fear it happening to me and being ostracized in OOC or LOOC due to my lack of experience and well.. being new

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
These habits also do get noticed by new players, and as a result of them seeing OG/Veteran players doing it, once they reach that "Veteran/well seasoned" Status they'll start doing the exact same thing, and it turns into a never-ending cycle of being negative and rude towards new players, as you see happening now.

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
These habits also do get noticed by new players, and as a result of them seeing OG/Veteran players doing it, once they reach that "Veteran/well seasoned" Status they'll start doing the exact same thing, and it turns into a never-ending of being negative and rude towards new players, as you see happening now.
It’s sad tbh. I’ve got a new account with a green tag on it, I’ll occasionally run around and ask for food or smth and boy do people get extremely rude about it. It’s either a complete ignore, or “ew go away”, or something in looc that degrades the person. However that’s not ALWAYS the case. Sometimes there are people willing to help out and that makes me happy :)

I wish SchoolRP had a more welcoming community than we have currently. Most we can do however is continue to welcome people and make sure they’re enjoying themselves:D

Last edited:

CanadianChild

Level 20
Canucktism
Canucktism
Notable
I FUCKING HATE THEM.
These namby pamby greenies being the most stupid fucks on planet earth, read the rules you ignorant shits.
Try reading for the first time in 6 years you imcompetent fucks.

Don't even get me started on the talented greenies, the ones how to properly RP.
They must be thinking that they're being so cool and unique by making they age 15,
wow! everybody thinks you're cool, epic, and super quirky, we'll always be your friends!...
SHUT THE FUCK UP!
I hope you're reading this, talented greenies, nobody thinks you're being revolutionary and ground-breaking.
Honestly though, on the last part, i have to disagree. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think it IS rare for /setage greenies, because i think i have only seen like 3 or 2 /setage greentags.

FadedMoonlight

Level 60
Ah, the new players of SRP are something special. I remember when I first joined with not the slightest clue what I was doing. Of course, over time I adapted. I think the new players are nice to see, you can relate to them, you remember what it was like to start out. They are pretty fun to interact with too, even if they're trying to roleplay as Sans or William Afton. (I've seen both of these characters RP'd before by new players). Honestly, I don't see the problem with new players. Yeah, they're kinda cringey but.. my guy.. you're roleplaying on Minecraft, you have no room to talk.

CanadianChild

Level 20
Canucktism
Canucktism
Notable
Ah, the new players of SRP are something special. I remember when I first joined with not the slightest clue what I was doing. Of course, over time I adapted. I think the new players are nice to see, you can relate to them, you remember what it was like to start out. They are pretty fun to interact with too, even if they're trying to roleplay as Sans or William Afton. (I've seen both of these characters RP'd before by new players). Honestly, I don't see the problem with new players. Yeah, they're kinda cringey but.. my guy.. you're roleplaying on Minecraft, you have no room to talk.
Yeah, i do remember when i first joined the server with no knowledge of the rules..good old days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread