mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Height wihout mods

Mialyansa

Level 59
What's your Minecraft Username?: Hymol_13
What's the title of your suggestion?: Height wihout mods

What's your suggestion?:
During the recent 1.20.5 snapshots, the generic.scale attribute was added. With this new attribute one can edit through commands the scale of entity models.
Adding a command to let the player customize their height is possible now.

But implementing this command in a raw mode can be BAD, that is because we might find some new players who have the good idea of setting their height to 10^100 and we dont want that. Given that character heights in SRP are reestricted to a range between 122 cm and 195 cm and that one block in minecraft is one meter irl, we can reestrict the values of the new command between 1.22 blocks and 1.95 blocks.

So with this in mind we can imagine how the command is going to look.
With the argument being in meters/minecraft blocks and reestricting it between 1.22 and 1.95. (We are using meters because imperial sistem uses foot and only weird people like feets).
/setheight <argument>

Notes:

-Sadly this feature can only be added once the server updates to the 1.20.
-This feature is meant to be implemented in the distant future, as SRP needs to update the plugins and that takes time. (Believe me I know that is loads of work :'] ).
-There could be future updates in this command to add an specific version for animal whitelisted players.
⚠️Warning math⚠️ This section aims to make clear some aspects of the command and code. You can skip this if you are not interseted in the inner workings of the command.
[The generic scale attribute doesnt go by blocks but by entities scales. This means that if you insert 2 in the attribute, it will maje you 2 times bigger than the default scale. So if we want to translate meters to scales we need this function.
Screenshot_20231227-171520.jpg
H is the characters height expressed in meters. X is the number we put into the attribute command to make our character height H meters tall.
So if I put I type [/setheight 1.9] (1.9) goes into our little formula as h and we get (1.05). That is the number we send to the [generic.scale]. Now the command that follows is [/attribute IGN minecraft:generic.scale base set (1.05)]
I hope this explanation works.

Fixes:
-If a player plays in a lower version of 1.20.5 they just wont see the effects of the command, this already happens with some 1.18 features like the dripleaf or the dripstone.
-Any character whose height surpasses 2 m has its gameplay height set to 1.99 blocks. Making them bigger would prevent them from going through 2x1 doors and that wouod be detrimental for the gameplay. Although it is not reflected in the game, ICly and canonically the character is their authorised height. Lets put an example. If BOBO is 2.1 meters tall, BOBO hitbox is 1.99 meters tall. But if you ask a character how tall is BOBO they will tell you "BOBO is 2.1 meters tall". This is the same thing as we do know but now it would only happen to those with extreme heights.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This feature intends better the players inmersion into roleplay.
Uncountable are the times this has been suggested to be implemented, be it through mods or clients. Most of those times the suggestion has been denied because the SRP doesnt want to have official mods.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Interesting idea. I don't think we'd be able to introduce it now, but it's definitely something that would make roleplay more immersive

ErikFinster

Level 114
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
+1
I can't add anything substantial beyond what Yonio already said, but I really like the idea!
Though I'm scared to see how tiny my characters will look next to all the giants in town...

DarkEclipic

Level 158
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1
i would love to see this happen, but who knows when the server is going to update to 1.20

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+

I like this idea a lot, seeing my 5'2 character be short. But it'll force other player's to use a later version of minecraft just to do a command, which'll probably end up setting the server to 1.20.5 and leaving most confused. It's a cool idea just would be hard to implement!

Mialyansa

Level 59

I like this idea a lot, seeing my 5'2 character be short. But it'll force other player's to use a later version of minecraft just to do a command, which'll probably end up setting the server to 1.20.5 and leaving most confused. It's a cool idea just would be hard to implement!
It actaully wouldnt make the past versions incompatible. If the server was played in lower versions to 1.20.5 the only thing that would happen is that the command wouldnt show any differences in the players client.

DylanDeNewb

Level 33
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
As much as it would be cool to implement, it would also require us to update every single one of our plugins to the next major version, which contains a lot of backend network code changes with additional verification on players and etc. Thus making an update hard to justify especially with upcoming content already being wrote for 1.19, and the increased costs from developer wages.

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

it would take a while to implement, but for the future absolutely.

klarzs

Level 8
4CD
4CD
Omega+
Characters of more than 6.5 ft are not allowed. If you see someone with that height inform them thst they are breaking da rules
It's not. You can apply for a height up to a maximum of 7'5 if you do this, which is a character authorization application.

atjayy

Level 29
phvntombride
phvntombride
Omega+
+1

This is something I've been meaning to suggest, but you pretty much worded it better than I could've. The only reason this wouldn't work, as many others mentioned, is due to the high amount of plugins already implemented. Sure, it'd be somewhat easy to add in (atleast from my knowledge), and it would be SOO cool to see, but I can already see there being a lot of problems to it LOL

Users who are viewing this thread