Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
cheetoby

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
bug#3925

Do you have a microphone?:
I do, but I don’t use it.

How old are you? (Optional):
Unspecified, but I am not a legal adult.

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
yeppers

Describe your activity on the server:
10/10 tbh. I’m on every day for at least a few hours, as long as I’m not busy.

Do you have any previous bans?:
noope

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Third language Application - Accepted
JSL Application - Accepted
French language application - Accepted
Spanish Application - Accepted
Natsuo Hideki | Height Application. - Accepted
Norwegian Application | ToobToob - Accepted
Korean Application #2 | Toobyyy - Accepted
7'1 Application 2.0 - Accepted
Russian Application # 4 - Accepted
Height Application! ! ! ! - Accepted
JSL Application - Accepted
Height Application | Toebeann - Accepted
Russian Application - Denied
7’1 Application!!! - Denied
Korean Application - Denied
Russian 2nd try - Denied
Professor to Nurse! - Denied
Nurse Applicaton 2.0! - Denied

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[Adult]
[Grade-12]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Herpetology, or Environmental Science. Preferably Herpetology

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I want to teach people about reptiles and amphibians. I have met a few(and own a few ic), and they are quite misunderstood. I used to teach Environmental Science as a professor, but I’ve taken note that perhaps it may have been quite boring for the students, and I figured a younger age group would enjoy such a subject more. I am hoping to start showing younger generations that snakes, lizards, frogs– they aren’t as ugly as they seem, yknow?

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yep, that’s perfectly fine. Being a teacher is different from a Professor, after all.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are essentially writing down when and how long a class has been hosted. How many students attended etc. They are used to make sure that employees are hitting quota, and allowing SLT to pay them effectively.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Julein’s personal rules include:

1. When we have animal visitors, please keep quiet, no touching until the end of class, or when allowed, and please, when petting the animals don’t yank, smack, or touch them in ways that could hurt them.

2. If you choose not to pay attention, I don’t care. But please do not make it harder for everyone else to earn their education if they so choose.

3.Please be kind to each other, no hitting, smacking, or rude talk will be tolerated in my classroom.

4. No food, or drinks besides water.

5. Please clean up after yourself, do not leave stray papers, pencil shavings, etc. on my classroom floor, I am the one who has to clean it up.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve been on SRP since fall 2021. I was a professor for a few months, and I bounced around different RP places before then for a few years. I’ve done criminalrp, gangrp, all that jazz. I’ve got quite a bit of experience under my belt I feel like. I was a QP and a higherup in a gang, on my alt im attempting to start up my own gang! :D

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD

↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: The Head of Department is the most experienced teacher in a particular division. They are responsible for ensuring other teachers beneath them follow the rules and are acting appropriately.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who can host classes on their own, they are most likely the most experienced under HD and often have some of the best communication with students and probably some of the more engaging classes.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who has just graduated training, and is able to host classes on their own. They must be observed and deemed to have interactive and engaging classes before being promoted to a QT.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A newly accepted teacher who has yet to be fully trained. They cannot host classes on their own, and instead must be supervised by a QT or a HD.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
OOC,, teachers are responsible for students' emotional, academic, and social education as they age. While mostly responsible for their academics, and making sure they can get through life and support themselves, teachers are also supposed to be there for you emotionally, to help you through things. Always go to a teacher if something is wrong at school.
IC teachers are responsible for making sure students follow school rules, they are responsible for teaching the students attending their classes in a responsible and engaging way! They are also responsible for their students' physical safety, and discipline.
Most teachers I know IRL use their spare time to grade papers and prepare new lessons for the week. Not all of their spare time tends to go towards their jobs, but a good portion of it does. Some teachers depending on what extracurriculars they observe or coach can even stay after school an extra few hours.
The average pay for a Japanese teacher is around 200k-300k yen a month.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
SRP Teachers are here to make a more realistic, and engaging school day for the students! Wouldn’t be schoolrp without teachers

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Must do, Should do, Could do, Would do

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How do they look? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Julein Genet is a French native, yet long time Karakuran Resident. He grew up in Karakura with a few of his friends, yet chose to leave to start a new life in California with his lover. He is burned on the left half of his body, his left eye has since been removed, and his right eye has been removed from the Socket. He most often has his hair fluffed out to block the view of his eyes, for everyone else's sake, since he’s gotten his prosthetic eye on the left side, the hair is mostly to hide his scarring. Despite the fact he can see, most of the time he chooses not to willingly, who knows why.

He has a girlfriend(now fiance ehe) who’s in the near past given birth to his one year old daughter, and so he tries to stay out of trouble. He isn’t really a people person, but tries his best not to be rude when his social battery is drained. He has been diagnosed with CPTSD, Autism, and Insomnia.
Towards staff Julein is kind and patient, but unwilling to work with those who do not pull their weight. He’s much friendlier than in his younger years, he’s grown a lot since moving to California, and often places others before himself. He’s rather easy to get along with, and tends to be a rather lovely father figure for the set amount of children he tolerates. Julien likes to teach, but the kids make it a little unbearable sometimes.
He plans to stay in Karakura until he cant anymore, just like the rest of its residents, something about the city keeps him here.

Scenarios
You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Opened his eye a little to get a quick peek of the group's identities. He’d raise his voice a little, but not to yell, “I’m going to need you to stop speaking in such a vulgar way, or I’ll have to give a few of you a detention slip, and I really do not want to do that.”

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Clapped his hands to a little tune, hoping those in his room would hear him, and quiet down. He doesn’t like to yell. Since Julein most of the time is blind by choice, he is mostly sound oriented, and so he needs to hear what people are doing in order to run his class in a respectable and timely manner, however, if the clapping doesn't work, he will occasionally shout at the children in order to get them to quiet down long enough for him to get a word in.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
When Julien is in the lounge, it is often because he is in need of a break, so he can be quite dull, and quiet at times, just sipping his coffee. If someone he knows, and likes, happens to be in the room, he’ll start up a quiet conversation, before hurriedly getting back to work, but not after pouring some monster into his caffine..

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
As the students filed in, Julein would stand at the front of the classroom, a HUGE snake, coiled around his body. He grinned as he watched the students face, some horrified, some with eyes wide and full of wonder. He untangled the beast with a bit of struggle, quietly commenting: ‘Never handle a boa on your own..’

/me Grinned as students worked, sitting quietly at his desk to grade the previous class. As he scribbled and typed, a student approached him, he stopped what he was doing to ask, “Hey! What’s going on?” The student leans over, placing their assignment on his desk, and begins to explain to Jules their confusion. Julein stopped and turned towards them, gently taking their pencil to explain the problem.

/me gently dumped dog the milk frog into the students hands, watching like a hawk. When the student grabbed the frog around the middle and lifted it up, nearly dropping it in the process, Julein was quick to carefully snatch the poor thing from him. The student was given a point deduction on that day’s assignment, and a warning, next time they mishandled the animals, it’d result in a detention.

/me paced the front of the classroom, today he had his cane, not the blind one, but just a typical wooden cane. He spoke, it was very early, and his voice was a bit gravelly: “Can anyone tell me-” He paused “the difference between a king snake, and a coral snake.” They’d been studying snake identification, and this was a key question to make sure they’d been paying attention. He continued to pace until he’d made it around to the chalkboard. He began to write, since they’d lacked a response, he’d have to teach them all over again. .

Backstory
Julien had a somewhat normal childhood. His mother and father were divorced, which is more common than most people think. He lived with his father primarily, but visited his mother every once and a while. When Julein was 13 he moved to Karakura with his father, to live with one of Juleins aunts. When Juleins father passed away in a motor-accident, His aunt took full charge. When he was 14, A teacher named Makoto Hayashi adopted him, and he had become brothers with Nozomi Hayashia and Freddy Hayashi, whom he’d looked up to very much.

When Julein started highschool he was rowdy, and disobedient. Starting fights and pulling harsh pranks. Even though he and his aunt had been so close before, they grew further apart as the years passed. In 11th grade, poor Jules got in a huge fight with another student, thus landing him in deep trouble with his Aunt. Julein spilled all of his emotions to his aunt that night, everything thats been happening with his friends and adopted family. How Nozomi had begun ignoring him because of her girlfriend, and Freddy was never around anymore.

That was when he got burned. Julein was kidnapped and taken to the mainland, where he was burned for something-or-other that he’d stolen. The burns removed the use of his left eye, and made him feel horribly embarrassed about his appearance. Julein often stayed still after that, he’d become much more reserved as the days went on until he met Her. She took him and made him her dog, forcing him to lick his own blood off a knife, as well as carving a large pentagram into his left thigh. She had a hold on him for a very long while, and most likely still would have for long after he’d left Karakura. When his pent up rage finally snapped, he managed to knock out some stranger who’d insulted him. That’s how his eye was taken. They lured him away and four men pounced on him, knocking him out before stabbing him in the eye, causing the surgeons to remove the eye entirely.

Not long after that He left Karakura, finding a newly opened desire to teach, and steer students in the right direction. He knew what would happen if students went the way he had, and so he wanted to help, and correct it perhaps. Eventually he returned, and began working at the highschool as a professor. He needed a break, and now he’s ready to return, having married his love, Angel Bethlehem Genet and having his daughter born, named Marinette Valerie Genet.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Julein Genet
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Julein
Preferred Name: Jules

Age (Minimum is 27): 30
Religious Denomination: Relaxed Christianity??
Marital Status: Married

Nationality: French
Current Location: Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): 7 years

Academic Degree: Bachelors / Associate
Year of Graduation: 2016
Major(s): Herpetology
Minors: Biology

Native Languages: French
Other Languages: English, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.

Extra

Additional notes about your application: nothin!
Do you have any questions?: Nada!​

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Pending
Thank you for applying! Your application was wonderful! However,

• There were other applications that stood out more
  • The subject you applied for is currently capped

Please feel free to work on the application until the next wave of applications!

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• The Subject you applied for is not taught by teachers. Please refer to Professor Applications.

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread