OOC SECTION
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:

nylu

What is your timezone?:
CST

Please provide your Discord tag:
nylu

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):
[insert links]
[LORE-TEAM APPLICATION]

ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nylus-lore-team-application-srp.53923/

[BMD APPLICATION]

ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/face-of-a-sparrow-will-of-a-crow.57659/

[OTAKE-TATSU UNVERIFIED GANG APPLICATION]

ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/otake-tatsu-advertisement-nylu.54764/

Describe your activity on the server:
At the time I’m posting this, I am currently an in-game journalist and a lore team member. I had previous roles beforehand but I’ve since left them all and I’m quite new to the journalist team. So, my current activity consists of roleplaying with friends and meeting new people. For the most part, I roleplay using one of three characters: Imai Saiky, ‘Coffee’ Shibuya, and Kyo Mizukawa, all of which are my main characters though Imai is my primary. If I’m not on the server but participating with SRP, I’m most likely writing/coming up with new lore whether it’d be posted or not.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
[Lore-Team] nylu (Journalist)

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?:
Yes.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The student council are a team of members consisting of a small hierarchy that act whenever school faculty/SLT cannot. They patrol the school at times and make sure to keep a positive environment for the students inhabiting the city. Most times, they’ll be seen mediating or resolving issues amongst other characters or issuing detentions for characters who fail to follow the school’s rules.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
First, the opportunity of new roleplay interactions is something I find quite intriguing - I say this same phrase every time I apply to something, but that demean the overall notion. I enjoy interacting and doing things I’ve not yet done before. I’ve had many friends that have been on the roster (or are currently on it) that I’ve personally seen roleplay scenarios that you can’t necessarily get otherwise. Because of that, I’d like to broaden the horizons and give this a try.

Second, I want more of an incentive to interact with the school rather than stand around and do nothing when none of my friends are online. This is probably something everyone is at fault of, but at the very least, I’d like to do something about it in regards to me. I feel that if I had this role, there’d be much more of an environment to roleplay in now that I have something to do whilst in school.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes, I am.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

President:
There are currently two presidents. One for the high school side of the school and one for the college side. Both of them execute the same tasks, the only difference is the fact that both are for two different portions of the school body. Both presidents must exude a confident and overall respectful attitude toward students and they’re the ones that oversee the rest of the council.

Vice President: The vice president is responsible for nearly all the same roles that the president has. They are second to the hierarchy and assist the presidents with things they’re not available with or things that they might find troubling on their own.

Councillor: Councillors make up the core of the council as there are many more of them than the rest of the roles. They are the ones who are usually expected to keep students out of harm and out of trouble. They must be approved by the council and they must act with a sense of respect without a trace of bias (even for close friends).

IC SECTION
SCENARIOS

While students gather for a school assembly, one student behaves disruptively, causing a disturbance. How would you manage the situation to restore order effectively while minimizing any additional disruptions to the assembly?

Being the person that Imai is, they’d pull the student aside to minimize the chances that a scene is caused mid-rally. Following this, a warning will be given to the student for their recklessness and if it continues/they fail to yield to the warning, a detention will be issued immediately. Anything further and Imai will have the student wait outside for SLT.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?

Imai isn’t a very athletic person nor do they wish to be. Adding onto that, assault is not allowed regardless of your role as a student. If Imai caught wind of who it was, they’ll let the student run away and tell someone of higher power (SLT or teachers) so that it could be handled later. The consequences will be much worse, after all.

A teacher observes concerning behavior from a student, including the creation of disturbing artwork and verbal threats toward peers. How would you collaborate with the teacher to evaluate the situation and intervene appropriately to address potential safety concerns?

Because a teacher typically holds more authority and respect than a councilor, Imai will assist only by reminding the student that the teacher is in charge and not the contrary. If the student continues to ignore the teacher’s request and the teacher talking to them is getting nowhere, a detention can be issued by Imai themselves to minimize the possibility that a disruption is caused in class. If it continues, SLT can be called.

A group of students asks for your permission to stage a protest on school grounds. Would you allow them to protest? If so, how do you ensure that the protest does not disrupt the school environment while upholding their freedom of expression?

There are two answers to this in Imai’s eyes. One is the fact that Imai doesn’t necessarily hold the ability to say yes to this. A councilor does not hold the same power that an SLT member can hold and if anything goes downhill, it’ll be Imai’s fault for allowing the protest to take place. But, secondly, depending on what the protest is and if it isn’t disruptive, Imai would forward the request to someone who can handle it just so that if anything goes sour, there are no prying eyes that can blame Imai.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?

If Imai truly did do something that they weren’t supposed to do, they’d apologize for the inconvenience and use the interaction as an experience to prevent it from ever happening again. However, in the slight chance that the teacher/receptionist is wrong, then Imai would most likely talk with their assigned higher-ups to figure out the misconception.

Please provide at least one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more for one event):

College Night!

Although, yes, the school is merged with college students, some students still might feel lost as to what they want to major in. So, this event will come in handy for that!

Located in the gym, there’ll be rows of desks and interactive booths made up of professors, teachers, and any other school faculty (although, dominantly professors) who’d like to talk about their majors and encourage students to look into them rather than stay stagnant. In addition to that, government faction workers, KPD, EMS, Shrine (religious studies), Shopkeepers, and other similar factions will be invited to come and inform students about what they majored in and how they used what they’ve learned to execute their jobs on a day-to-day basis.

Pertaining to booths, they will each be (as previously mentioned) interactive so that students have more of an incentive to interact with them and have an interest. A word is one thing, but the act of performing or seeing jobs performed does wonders! In addition to on-site training and demonstrations, students can participate in hands-on workshops tailored to different fields. For example, sessions could include simulations for roles in health services, like learning basic first-aid from EMS workers or mock investigation techniques led by the KPD.

There will be "Career Passport" booklets that students receive at the start of the event. Each booth will stamp or sign the booklet once students have interacted with them or participated in activities. At the end of the event, those who collect the most stamps will be entered into a raffle for tokens (if that’s what they’re called still), furthering the chances that students are actively engaged!
Finally, mini-seminars could run concurrently to the main event. These can be held on the stage of the gym. Each seminar would focus on answering questions from students and explaining what had to be done to graduate and follow the path of success.

Personal Information

Name
:
“Saiky, Imai.”

Phone number:
030-193-8734

How would you describe your personality?:
“I’m a kind and well-astute student with good grades. If that doesn’t speak volumes enough, I’m more or less referring to the fact that I am mature enough to handle this role. I know when it’s time to be serious and I know when a joke or two could lighten up the mood. I can also be assertive when the time calls.”

Appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
Before you is a person unparalleled in adversity - grabbing; reaching out for a presence that is not their own. Imai stands with swooped eyes accentuated by a winsome, tawny vitiligo that marred ivory porcelain and a benevolent gaze; it was the kind that yearned you to come closer and greet the silken smile that traced their features. Out of their teeth comes a thin, welcoming tone, but will you dare test it?

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
“I believe a vast majority of students are immature; which, I can understand, as we’re all young, but I feel I’m often much more serious in realistic situations as opposed to others. Often I find myself being the mediator in conflicts to help sort them out properly without a fight emerging.”

Why do you want this position?:
"I want this position to keep me busy. Often I find myself restless and in need of something new to do, and I feel that I have so much free time on my hands that there's so much more I can do. So, given my position in life, I'd like to take this opportunity by the nape and wring out all the experience I can. Plus, I'm sure this would go nicely on my future resumes."

What interests you the most about student council?:
"The authority that comes along with it. Don't get me wrong, it sounds wrong to say it out loud, but I know a vast majority of the current roster feels the same. Having the authority I didn't once have to put an end to fights and arguments is relieving given the fact that I can't do much myself to help on my own. I'm not tall, I'm not bulky, and I'm not loud. I feel even just the armband would help me in settling issues."

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
"Me, and my pretty attitude. I'm very upbeat even in the worst of situations and I love seeing smiles placed on people. When students are getting bullied or teased, I can be the helping hand to show them that they are not alone and show them that karma does exist. I want to be known as the student who lifts and heaves others despite having weak legs; the student that you can look up to and know that there is a sense of justice untapped in any biased meaning."

Users who are viewing this thread