horrorabbit
[No alternate accounts]

DISCORD:
cvs3v

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes!

WHAT IS YOUR TIME ZONE?
My timezone is MST or UTC-7:00.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU ARE INACTIVE YOU WILL BE DEMOTED?
Yes, I acknowledge that I will be demoted if I am found to be inactive on the server.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I'm involved in a variety of things on the server! I usually spend at least three hours on the server daily and much more on weekends. I'm a part of the Crombie family in my primary character slot, Ciaran Crombie. On my other slot are Jayden Katz, my Gang RP character, and my cat character. I spend most of my time on the server detail RPing with a close group of friends I've found through the server. I've been playing since early 2018 so I've seen a lot change and people come and go.

LINKS TO ANY PREVIOUS APPLICATION(S):

I've had and lost plenty of forum accounts in my time on the server and forums, I've listed all the ones I could find;
GAELIC APPLICATION [ACCEPTED]
NURSE APPLICATION [DENIED]
ITALIAN APPLICATION [ACCEPTED]
CLUB APPLICATION [DENIED]
3RD LANGAUGE APPLICATION [DENIED]
3RD LANGUAGE APPLICATION V2 [ACCEPTED]
RUSSIAN APPLICATION [ACCEPTED]
GERMAN APPLICATION [ACCEPTED]

JSL APPLICATION [ACCEPTED]
The links are attached to the text!

WHAT ARE YOUR CURRENT ROLES ON THE SERVER?:
Primary Slot: [Grade 12] Ciaran Crombie
Secondary Slot: [Cat] Scrunk
Third Slot: [Grade 12] Yuko Goto
Fourth Slot: [Grade 10] Jayden Katz
Fifth Slot: [Grade 12] Chiwa Hori (Teacher Slot)

Trivia

WHAT SUBJECT ARE YOU APPLYING TO TEACH?:
I am applying to teach History, specifically national history. I intend to have the class be centered on Japanese history from many periods, including as early as the Taika period (650AD) to as recent as the Heisei period (1989AD). This will include hands-on learning and item RP'd materials which will aid fun activities such as learning etiquette and beliefs from those periods.

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR BECOMING A TEACHER?:
I've spent a lot of time on SchoolRP and have experienced just about as much as I can. Despite this, I have yet to have roleplayed as a member of a faction or an adult on SchoolRP. My main motivation for applying to become a teacher is the roleplay that would come with it. I understand that high school teachers often put up with most if not all of the trolls and fail RPers, but even then I think it could be a great experience! I look forward to the detailed RP's I could cook up with the subject I'm playing and have already fallen in love with the character I've made for it. The new opportunities that could open up for me in terms of roleplay are very appealing!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND YOU ARE APPLYING FOR THE TEACHER ROLE OF UT; AND IF YOUR APPLICATION IS ACCEPTED, YOU'LL UNDERGO TEACHER TRAINING?:
Yes! I understand that I am applying for the role of Unqualified Teacher (UT) as a new applicant and will undergo training because of this.

WHAT ARE TEACHER LOGS AND WHY ARE THEY IMPORTANT?:
From my understanding after asking friends in the faction and other similar factions, teacher logs are used to keep track of the amount of classes hosted so the pay will be distributed correctly and ensure the quota is met. I've also heard that they're used to keep track of reviews!

AS A TEACHER, WHAT ARE THE STRICT RULES WHEN BEING IN A CLASS:
General rules apply with common sense and respect, however rules may differ based on the teacher and their teaching style! The rules I would apply would be as follows;
1) Participating and engaging is encouraged in the classroom, you may speak freely if it's on topic and adds to the lesson currently being taught. Questions are encouraged and are to be answered, you may personally come request to leave the classroom for reasons such as the restroom or to get water.
2) Even though you are encouraged to speak friendly, please remain respectful and allow others to talk. Do not talk over the teacher and wait until others are finished speaking to add on.
3) Bullying and disrespect will not be tolerated, it is important to respect your peers and have healthy interactions with the people around you.
4) Phones are not to be in hand during class unless specified otherwise by an authority figure.
5) If the class is to leave the classroom it is important to stay with the group to participate in the class, straying from the class will result in being kicked.

WHAT EXPERIENCE, IN GENERAL, DO YOU HAVE IN ROLEPLAY?
I've been roleplaying since I remember, it has been a huge part of my life thus far. My roleplays span from long, novella-length text from discord RP's to shorter literate RP's on SRP. My main rule when roleplaying is to make it comprehensible for the people around me, there's no reason to add big words that the majority of people won't get. Also, matching others' styles and lengths is something I often do! As much as I enjoy detail RPing it's also good to have a good mix, especially on a server like SRP where things are fast-paced, and settings and situations change quickly. Most of my experience spans with GangRP on SRP, as of right now on my character Jayden Katz I am an Altieri FC representative while on my other main character Ciaran Crombie, I'm a part of a family. I've had other experiences on other servers that are more in the fantasy genre of things and also modern, my most recent newest experience is being a cop within a Minecraft RP server. I think the most important part of roleplaying is to make things interesting and engaging for others, it's like a form of creative entertainment that you and others add onto! Roleplaying is something that has had a large impact on my life, alongside my passion for writing it has been one of my favorite hobbies since I could remember. I used to do cringy fantasy roleplays on creative Minecraft servers when I was seven, I'm sixteen now, and there has been practically no break hehe. It's truly something I enjoy.

IN DETAIL, DESCRIBE THE RANKING SYSTEM OF TEACHERS:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The Head of Department is usually used to describe someone who is considered the "leader" of the subject they're teaching. They're an individual who has been in the field for a considerable amount of time with enough experience for them to be labeled as the head of their department. They are usually high up in the chain of command, making them authority figures for the ranks below them. They are also considered managers and are in charge of making sure the lower chain of command is in order.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A qualified teacher is labeled as someone who has been in their field long enough to have earned the label. They've completed their training and have set a good example for other teachers and students alike. They usually aid in the training of unqualified teachers and are considered authority figures for them. Once you achieve the role of QT teacher you can earn a base salary of ¥400,000.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A newly qualified teacher is someone who has been in the field for a reasonable amount of time and has undergone basic training for them to reach this level. As of being hired, they can earn ¥350,000. They are still considered new and inexperienced but are far more experienced than the fresh blood who are UT teachers.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: An unqualified teacher is an individual who has just been hired and has just gone through basic training or hasn't received it yet. Their higher-ups including NQT, QT, and HD teachers are often responsible for aiding them in their new environment and teaching them the ropes.

Teacher Knowledge

PRESENT TO US YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF TEACHERS IN AND OUT OF THE GAME, WHAT PURPOSE DO TEACHERS SERVE? WHAT SALARY DO THEY GET? INCLUDE A PARAGRAPH ABOUT THE WAY TEACHERS TEACH, AND WHAT THEY DO IN THEIR FREE TIME IN GENERAL:
Teachers are an important part of society, within the real world and in the game. They are used to educate and prepare the future generation and are pertinent to the future development of society. Within the game, they are used to add a level of realism and balance to the server as without them there would be utter chaos. Their salary is dependent on the rank of the individual teacher. Teachers can earn a maximum of ¥500,000 per month, NQT's are paid ¥350,000 for completing 10 classes while QT's are paid ¥400,000. For every 5 classes after completing the minimum quota Teachers get an extra ¥50,000 on top of their paycheck with the maximum being ¥500,000. Continuing, the way a teacher may choose to educate their student is dependent on their values and goals as a teacher. Not only that but it also depends on individual students, as some may choose to bend the way they teach things for the sake of the majority of the class. A teacher should teach in an effective, entertaining manner to keep their students engaged so they'll learn. A teacher's free time may be used as they wish to as long as they aren't on school grounds with reasonable limits. They may choose to plan out lesson plans or focus on making assignments or tests for their students, or simply enjoy their free time away from the school environment with leisure activities! Even then, it is important for teachers to maintain a responsible, mature attitude outside of school and set a good example due to the many children surrounding them.

WHY ARE TEACHERS IMPORTANT TO THE SCHOOL RP SERVER?:

Teachers are vital to the functionality of SchoolRP. This is because of the server's main focus; school. It adds a level of realism and balance to the server, without them, there would be no authority and much fewer opportunities for roleplay. Not only that, but it adds depth along with the other roles added to the school environment. Without the adult roles on the server that serve users, the server would be chaos, likely anarchy that wouldn't have much of a plot or backbone.

WHAT LESSON PLANNING SYSTEM DOES THE SCHOOL WORK ON?:
The lesson planning system the school works on is called MosCoW which stands for the following;
Must Have: The requirements that must be met for the lesson to be understandable and comprehensible, therefore students will get the most out of it.
Should Have: Important concepts that would add to the lesson beneficially but are not crucial.
Could Have: A concept that would be nice to add, but is in no way crucial, they don't affect the lesson.
Won't Have: There is no use for these requirements, they often add very little to the overall lesson.

1712465328307.png

Character Information

DESCRIBE THE CHARACTER; HOW DO THEY LOOK? HOW DO THEY ACT? WHAT MAKES THEM STAND OUT?:
Chiwa Hori is a 5'7" Japanese male with long dark caramel hair and soft brown eyes. His complexion is fair, due to the fact he was often shielded from the harsh rays of the sun by an umbrella. His hair was quite long for a male, flowing down to the middle of his torso in a soft, flowing manner. He seemed well polished with shiny, healthy hair and bright, smooth skin. His nails were well taken care of, and not cut completely short but not long either. He had soft features with the standard attributes of the Japanese ethnicity.
Chiwa Hori is a calm, mature man who could be described as studious and peaceful. He often keeps to himself, not too keen on intruding on others. Chiwa is soft-spoken, however he wasn't shy. He preferred to keep a calm, mature tone of voice over something too loud or too soft. He wasn't insecure nor too confident, standing at a still in between the two polar opposite traits. He had a good grasp of himself and the others around him for his age, due to the fact he liked deciphering and decoding others' behaviors and words. However, when you get to know him it becomes apparent he is anxiety-ridden, a gentle soul who only wants the best for others yet can accept the dark side of humanity. He may be far too sensitive to some things around him but doesn't shy away from the cold hard truths of the world. Chiwa prioritizes others around him, knowing that even the smallest actions could make or break someone's day and change their entire mood. He's a caregiver at heart with a passion for nature and feelings.

WHAT IS THEIR OUTLOOK ON THEIR STUDENTS AND CO-WORKERS?:
Chiwa views his peers as people who can provide support to him and those with whom he can provide support back. He understands that there is a system in place to keep things running and does his best to support that system. He has a passion for his job and the people who surround it, he'll devote hours to his co-workers to aid them in whatever they may need, the same way with students. He wants to be there to help and support these people in the education system and turn, get that support back. He is likely to be stepped all over to meet others' needs in hopes of making things a little bit easier on their shoulders.

WHAT ARE THEIR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?
Chiwa is not someone to dream big. All he wants in life is a calm, peaceful routine. He wants a traditional Japanese house with enough room for his interests and plants to share his home with, maybe even a partner. He plans to make a home in Karakura with the people he finds there, living his life on a day-to-day basis in peace. He has no dream for luxury, he thrives for simpler things yet things that are so rare, companionship and tranquility.

SCENARIOS

YOU FIND A GANG OF DELINQUENTS IN THE HALLWAY CURSING AND SWEARING, WHAT DO YOU DO?:
Issue a warning to the group and give them a gentle talking-to before moving on. He'll inform the others of their warning and if they are found to be using inappropriate language again he'll issue a detention for their improper language. Chiwa doesn't mind too much for the flair or edginess some teenagers may hold, as he views it as a way for them to express themself but he will abide by the rule book.

NO ONE IN YOUR CLASS IS LISTENING, WHAT DO YOU DO?:
Chiwa is very unlikely to raise his voice, rather he would directly approach the students one by one to tell them to quiet down and if they choose to disobey they'll be warned and then given a detention. If that doesn't work he'd call for assistance in his classroom as he knows teenagers can be tricky to handle, but he truly only wants the best for them. He'd be likely to give out spare warnings to students or allow them out of the classroom to calm down before he continued with the lesson.

WHEN IN THE TEACHER LOUNG, HOW DOES YOUR CHARACTER ACT?:
Chiwa would use the teacher's lounge to make worksheets and plan out lessons, giving a friendly greeting to whoever may pass by if he's not too absorbed in his work. If he's caught up on the things he has to work out he'd likely be curled up reading or napping, choosing to pass time peacefully. He wasn't necessarily one for electronics or socializing, he tends to keep to a certain group of people he enjoys... or gets dragged along with!

PROVIDE AT LEAST FOUR DETAILED /ME'S OF YOUR CHARACTER IN THE CLASSROOM:

/me
stood at the front of his desk, standing as the main subject of interest in his class. He brought his hand down to smooth out his yukata before he opened his mouth to speak at a level tone, "Good morning, I hope everyone's day has gone well so far," he stated in a chirpy fashion. His eyes flickered over the faces in his classrooms, he brought himself onto the desk... using it as a stage, practically! A warm smile slipped his lips, "Today we are going to be starting our unit on the Taikia period, before we begin, does anyone have any prior knowledge on this topic?" he inquired, eyes passing around the classroom. There was no surprise when no hands were raised... what could you expect?
/me rushed around the classroom, wooden sandals making harsh contact with the floorboards with every step he took. He raised to the side of his face so he could both speak and hear, his brows furrowing as he spoke, "there's currently a brawl in my classroom, could I possibly get some aid?" he pleaded over the radio before slipping it away. He refused to touch a student for some odd pacifist reason... instead, he just spoke, "Split it up you two!" he half shouted, however, his voice wasn't very loud at all.
/me neatly stacked the assignments he received on his desk before spinning on his heel to face the class, "I'm very proud of you all today! We've gotten a lot done," he praised with a genuinely proud smile plastering his face. He clasped his hands together, making a resounding clap, "I look forward to next class period, we'll be starting our Chanoyu etiquette practice." His eyes flickered around the class, sparking with a sense of pride- he had gotten these children to do some work! What an achievement! He raised his hand to his chest to give a wave to his students as the bell rang.
/me gathered his assignments from the small storage shack next to his desk and showed them off to the students, waving them in the air. "Aren't you guys excited?" he quipped sarcastically as he began passing out the paper. "The assignment is due by the end of class, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! If we all finish before the end of class we could play a game," he stated softly as he continued down the row of seats. He happily sat a book down on each of the desks.

Backstory

Chiwa Hori hailed from the serene landscapes of Hokkaido, Japan, where his childhood unfolded in the cozy embrace of a traditional Minka shared with his parents. His father, deeply entrenched in tradition, poured his creativity into writing enchanting children's tales. Young Chiwa, with his boundless imagination, became his father's muse, weaving intricate storylines and characters alongside him. Surrounded by the whimsy of his father's literary creations, Chiwa's love for books grew, the pages of his life turning alongside those of his father's cherished stories.

Meanwhile, Chiwa's mother brought her own brand of sunshine into their home. A cheerful nurse by profession, her vibrant spirit breathed life into their household, and her love for dressing up a reflection of her zest for life. Amidst the expanse of their Hokkaido abode, Chiwa found solace in the embrace of nature, spending countless hours in the garden with his mother, the earthy scent of soil mingling with the crisp freshness of the surrounding forest and streams.

Yet, despite the tranquility of his surroundings, Chiwa's journey was not without its tribulations. A gentle soul by nature, he often sought refuge in solitude, preferring the company of his thoughts to the tumultuous world outside. While his parents instilled in him a deep sense of the importance of education, Chiwa's meek demeanor made him an easy target for the cruelty of his peers. The sting of their barbed words left him wounded, tears silently tracing pathways down his cheeks as he grappled with the ache of loneliness.

Nevertheless, buoyed by his unwavering dedication to his studies, Chiwa persevered, navigating the halls of academia with quiet determination. Despite the shadows of isolation that loomed over him, his academic prowess shone brightly, illuminating the path to his future endeavors. Beyond the confines of school, Chiwa found purpose in nurturing the minds and hearts of younger children, offering his services as a babysitter and tutor.

As he ventured into university, the pace of life slowed to a gentle cadence, allowing Chiwa to immerse himself fully in his passions. Surrounded by kindred spirits who valued his quiet strength, he found solace in the embrace of nature, his nurturing instincts flourishing amidst the tranquil campus grounds.

After college, he found himself at a nearby school working as a history teacher. Unfortunately, a few years later the school had closed down due to financial reasons. Yet, as one chapter drew to a close, another beckoned on the horizon. Armed with his glowing grades and a steadfast resolve to make a difference, Chiwa embarked on a new journey, his gaze set upon the halls of Karakura High School!!

IN CHARACTER INFORMATION

SECTION #1 - PERSONAL DETAILS

Full Name (First & Last only):

Chiwa Hori

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr

Given Name(s):
Chiwa

Preferred Name:
Chiwa

Age (Minimum is 25):

Religious Denomination:
Shinto

Marital Status:
Never Married

Nationality:
Japanese

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - ACADEMIC DETAILS

Working Experience (# of years):

Four years

Academic Degree:
Bachelors's Degree

Year of Graduation:
Major(s): History (With a focus on Japanese and East Asian studies)
Minors: Education and Teaching

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
N/A

Extra

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely, horrorabbit

DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
N/A

Users who are viewing this thread