kustomzero

Level 132
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
IGN: Ravenclxw
DATE: 4/4/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Adding a Hospital-Recovery Log
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY? Just like the public arrest logs for the KPD in the Emergency discord. I believe adding a public recovery log for the hospital faction in the discord will become helpful. With the new recovery system in place, I know the hospital faction is most likely trying to keep up for who’s in recovery if they don’t have a private log for it. I feel like if a public one was made, players that have characters in recovery might forget when their character is released and such. This will also help keep things organized and to prevent the Hospital faction getting flooded with players asking if their character is released yet from recovery and what not.

Thanks.
If this is already being a WIP, my apologies.

timothy

Level 28
kufn
kufn
Omega+

To answer your question, there are already private logs for EMS staff. It's a very good system that works very well.

I feel as if this would violate some type of IRL law. For example, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) laws in the US. It ensures the confidentiality, integrity and security of medical information. Most people wouldn't want their medical records to be opened to the public, and hospital staff are always happy to answer any questions. ICly or OOCly.

To be clear, this wasn't a bad idea. It's just not realistic or practical.

kustomzero

Level 132
circusjax
circusjax
Omega

To answer your question, there are already private logs for EMS staff. It's a very good system that works very well.

I feel as if this would violate some type of IRL law. For example, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) laws in the US. It ensures the confidentiality, integrity and security of medical information. Most people wouldn't want their medical records to be opened to the public, and hospital staff are always happy to answer any questions. ICly or OOCly.

To be clear, this wasn't a bad idea. It's just not realistic or practical.
Ahhh I gotchaaa. To be honest I didn't even think of it that way. I can understand that now. Perhaps maybe a private log of the patient can be given to them to check their records in some way? Don't know if that makes sense. But again that could be super stressful for the EMS so I understand that as well.

timothy

Level 28
kufn
kufn
Omega+
Ahhh I gotchaaa. To be honest I didn't even think of it that way. I can understand that now. Perhaps maybe a private log of the patient can be given to them to check their records in some way? Don't know if that makes sense. But again that could be super stressful for the EMS so I understand that as well.
Coming from someone who quit EMS yesterday, it didn't really bother me. Especially since the logs are very clear and easy to read. I like the idea of a private log available to the patient, but I don't know how possible that is? Maybe just a DM would do.

iwanttoscream

Level 13
iwanttoscream
iwanttoscream
Notable
My main concern about this is similar to what followingeden mentioned, as EMS we icly aren't allowed to tell people information about other patients without the patient's permission first. So, if the logs were to be public there should obviously be a rule making it so that people aren't allowed to take the information of character's that aren't their own icly. But with that being said, overall, I think it would just be better to ask EMS oocly (or icly, if you're doing recoveryrp) how much time your character has left until they are out of recovery.

Sorry if this is worded poorly

kustomzero

Level 132
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
My main concern about this is similar to what followingeden mentioned, as EMS we icly aren't allowed to tell people information about other patients without the patient's permission first. So, if the logs were to be public there should obviously be a rule making it so that people aren't allowed to take the information of character's that aren't their own icly. But with that being said, overall, I think it would just be better to ask EMS oocly (or icly, if you're doing recoveryrp) how much time your character has left until they are out of recovery.

Sorry if this is worded poorly
If the logs do get accepted. I'm sure Pancake can state a rule that the only information you can take ICLY is your own character(s). I do agree with the law thing- I actually didn't think about it until Eden mentioned it.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

Criminals V patients = different… realistically speaking, we wouldn’t be able to ever know who is or isn’t because hospitals don’t release that information due to the fact that it endangers those who are recovering

kustomzero

Level 132
circusjax
circusjax
Omega

Criminals V patients = different… realistically speaking, we wouldn’t be able to ever know who is or isn’t because hospitals don’t release that information due to the fact that it endangers those who are recovering
As I mentioned above, if this does get approved. Pancake can simply make a rule stating that the only thing you can ICLY take is your own character(s) information. Making the rest of the logs only OOC. I do get that the Hospital doesn't release that kind of information in the real world, this is a Minecraft server. I was just simply suggesting a more organized and easier way for people to see their character's recovery dates, etc.

Hirathex

Level 257
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
I was just simply suggesting a more organized and easier way for people to see their character's recovery dates, etc.
This is exactly why I +1'd. With the police spreadsheet, the arresting officer and other things are purposely left out of the public copy. The same thing could be implemented here. Even then, I would love to have access to it for OOC staff purposes since I currently don't

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
As I mentioned above, if this does get approved. Pancake can simply make a rule stating that the only thing you can ICLY take is your own character(s) information. Making the rest of the logs only OOC. I do get that the Hospital doesn't release that kind of information in the real world, this is a Minecraft server. I was just simply suggesting a more organized and easier way for people to see their character's recovery dates, etc.
Ohhhh

+1 if that’s the case

timothy

Level 28
kufn
kufn
Omega+
This is exactly why I +1'd. With the police spreadsheet, the arresting officer and other things are purposely left out of the public copy. The same thing could be implemented here. Even then, I would love to have access to it for OOC staff purposes since I currently don't
The laws that we mentioned weren't for the protection of the hospital worker, they are meant to protect the patient. Even knowing that the patient is in the hospital without their direct permission is a violation of those laws.

Also, I'm pretty sure you could just ask Alex for permission. As long as it's for staff reasons.

Hirathex

Level 257
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
The laws that we mentioned weren't for the protection of the hospital worker, they are meant to protect the patient. Even knowing that the patient is in the hospital without their direct permission is a violation of those laws.
Yes, I'm aware of that. The person above suggested it for people to view OOCly and I'm just comparing it to something else we already have.

timothy

Level 28
kufn
kufn
Omega+
Putting aside the real world aspect of the suggestion, I just don't feel like it's necessary to make the logs open to the public. If you want to know when your character is released, then just ask a hospital staff member. I know it may feel like an inconvenience, but there are way bigger problems to tackle than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread