players online

HOSPITAL PSYCHIATRIST APPLICATION - eyeonah

violentgrl

Level 6
- O O C -
IGN (In-Game Name):

iionaa

Previous bans:
I’ve only had one ban that occurred on my main account (eyeonah). It was due to the change of my nickname whilst on manhunt. This of course happened when I first joined the server and was simply a misunderstanding.

Describe your activity on the server?:
I play SRP religiously every day for at least 8 hours. My activity, especially thanks to summer, is through the roof and I am guaranteed to attend events, practices alongside partaking in regular RP.

Which timezone are you in?:
BST.

Do you have discord? If so what is it?:
iona#1111

Do you have a microphone [Obligatory]:
Yes, I do.

List your current and past applications:

Professor [ACCEPTED]: https://schoolrp.net/threads/iionaa-ionaxo-professor-application.37454/

Korean Language [ACCEPTED]: https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.38719/

Filipino Language [ACCEPTED]: https://schoolrp.net/threads/filipino-language-application-eyeonah.41184/

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
I don’t think a day has gone by without DetailRPing moulding into my gameplay. A lot of players point out my ability to do so and being on the Spartan Cheer team has also heightened the intensity of my RP. On the regular, myself and the team write actions for routines, construct chants and partake in cheer rivalry which also consists of DetailRP interactions. RPing with detail has simply become a habit of mine and is not something I struggle to do.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our medical team?:
OOCly, I am quite an empathetic person which allows me to not only support but be there for other people regardless of my own mental state or wellbeing. With EMS, I can assure you I’d do the same thing. I love the DetailRP aspect of it - this is one of the biggest motivations for my application. I want to engage in more RP with a wide range of players on the server. Having the smallest but significant impact on a character's story is so wonderful and I genuinely think I’d be a great addition to the EMS team.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Nurse, Psychiatrist):
Psychiatrist

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
A Psychiatrist is an individual who is specifically trained to diagnose, treat and prevent mental health conditions escalating. Prescriptions can be provided by them along with many other forms of treatment. They are able to carry out one-on-one sessions with those in-need and gain a better understanding of the patients circumstance and state of mind through communication and body language. All in all, they can treat a variety of conditions, i.e:
OCD
Anxiety disorders
Phobias
PTSD
Personality disorders
Paranoia
Eating disorders
Sleep disorders
Addictions
Depression
(And many more)
During an appointment, Psychiatrists will assess a patient's needs and circumstance with care looking at both their mental state/health and physical safety or wellbeing. A range of questions could be asked - ranging from the scenario which brought them to the appointment and external factors (like their childhood, education, relationships). A physical examination can be done - checking blood pressure and so on but not necessarily required.
Once the session is done, a decision can be made for treatment. Prescription or diagnosis can be made but furthermore, counselling or behavioural therapy are routes to take.
The Psychiatrist themselves can see the patient regularly or refer them on. Appointment length can range according to the scenario.

Categorise all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:
Clinical Lead: These individuals usually hold responsibility for after care when it comes to outpatients. They often hold training for newer members of staff and guide them in the right direction when it comes to their job and responsibility.

Nurse: Nurses are rather similar to doctors, preserving and prioritising the life of a patient. Of course, they will be trained to deal with a variety of circumstances - running labs and assessing individuals. Despite this, they cannot make a diagnosis on their own. Usually they follow doctor’s orders.

Head Doctor: The head doctor holds a lot of power and responsibility in the hospital. They guide the doctors beneath them and can make final decisions when it comes to diagnosis and questions a patient or individual may have. They are also known as head physicians.

Doctor: Doctor’s - alongside nurses - use their medical training and knowledge to aid and protect patients, preserving life. They have the skills to treat any condition and conclude circumstances with an appropriate diagnosis.

Head Surgeon: Head surgeons are of course, in control of the surgical team. They have the ability and power to make informed decisions about a surgery or plan for patients. Any surgical propositions must be discussed with this person before going ahead.

Surgeon: Surgeons partake and are trained to deal with internal procedures. Doctors of course, cannot. Becoming a surgeon requires a lot of education, knowledge on the anatomy and training not only with tools but emergency circumstances.

Head Psychiatrist: A head psychiatrist of course holds a lot of responsibility. Like the rest of the psychiatrists, they are trained and qualified to deal with intricate mental health disorders or conditions. They do have the ability to make diagnosis and guide patient cases with their intuition. They can guide other psychiatrists with their plan of action when it comes to a patient.

Psychiatrist: Psychiatrists must be aware of the signs and symptoms for potential underlying conditions. They must be able to assess and pick up on these things, leading a patient to diagnosis. Once having interactions one-to-one with their patient, they have a responsibility to treat them accordingly. Prescriptions can be made by these individuals if deemed appropriate.

Emergency Codes (That I Am Aware Of):
Code Blue: Cardiac Arrest.
Code White: Violence/Hostage Scenario.
Code Red: Fire/Smoke.
Code Black: Bomb Threat.
Code Orange: Mass Casualties.
Code Green: Faculty Evacuation.
Code Yellow: Missing Adult.
Code Amber: Missing Child.
Code Pink: Paediatric/Neonatal Cardiac Arrest.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I completely understand that I can be demoted at any time.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I agree to be 100% dedicated to the role and stay as active as I possibly can.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorised to attend or you will be punished [Demoted]?
I fully understand that failure to attend significant meetings or events will result in demotion.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I understand completely that taking anything from IC to OOC is against not only SRP rules but for this specific role and will never be something I attempt.

- I C - S E C T I O N -
CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character, how they look, what makes them unique?
Kin is rather slender male, some would refer to him as 'lanky' and undeniably tall - standing at 6'2. His face mirrored this, framed with loose, dyed auburn curls that toppled over his forehead. Kin has a fair complexion and prominent, yet dainty features - especially his ashy brown eyes. On the regular, Kin is dressed in rather innocent clothing - somewhat 'formal' although - this is deceiving - utterly contrasting his bubbly personality. Kin unfortunately, still has a baby face and picked upon regularly - although, Kin is rather dismissive of these comments and lacks insecurity when it comes to the negative recognition.

What he's like on and off the job?
Kin overall is a really cheery person, optimistic and bright. He never fails to go out of his way and support another - especially family and friends. He takes after his grandfather and continues to do so as he ages. Alongside his co-workers and patients, he will remain composed and driven. Despite his blooming focus, he is a rather easygoing man and a delight to talk to. His empathy and communication makes him great at his job and interacting with any individual he meets.
Off the job, Kin is rather similar. You will often find him surrounded by family or friends and partaking in wondrous, interesting activities. He’s not the type of individual to sit and do nothing - therefore he is extremely proactive. Helping people is just part of his instinct and this is exactly what he did during his time as a professor.

Outlook on his co-workers? Plans for the future?
Kin would easily view his co-workers as close friends, he’s always willing to support and aid individuals at their time of need. Kin’s company would simply be a delight, helping anyone he meets. All he has wanted in his life was to help other people not only achieve their dreams but live their best life. His education and educating others gave him that sense of helpfulness and as his future approaches, he would continue to aid those who enter and leave the hospital.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgement to?
Social Anxiety [PAST]
Attachment Anxiety [ONGOING]

Backstory:
Kin is an undeniably aspirational man and never fails to make those surrounding him feel eternally better. His presence is instantaneously recognisable, approaching every scenario with a bright smile plastered atop his visage. His good heart reflects the way he treats surrounding members of the public. It is unlikely that Kin would ever judge, humiliate or disrespect anyone around him - encouraging all to be the best version of themselves. His strive and determination for performing diminished the once, crippling anxiety he was burdened with. The students he teaches all hold a special place in his heart - whether they are enthusiastic about his subject or not. Thanks to his own history, he's naturally empathetic toward all - each and every student, colleague and family member. He respects people's decisions, opinions and feelings as well as openly supporting students when they require assistance or advice. Kin may appear rather quirky at times, over-excitable about the arts and undeniably optimistic; always rearing to go! I believe this is what makes him so unique and will form a strong bond between him and his students.

In school, Kin was the quiet kid... the underrated young boy who was eternally labelled names like 'nerd', 'dork' and was utterly unappreciated. Each of these shameful comments caused Kin to cower away and avoid contact/communication with most peers. His social interaction relied on the adults in his life - primarily communicating with his tutors, teachers and SLT's. Each of these key individuals witnessed the highs and lows of Kin's childhood - especially the social and attachment anxiety he severely struggled with. His parents and grandad specifically, were idols in his life and utterly supportive of each decision and risk he took. His pa was thoroughly invested into making music and would play to him on the regular - especially throughout the early stages of his life. Kin found this undeniably admirable and begun expressive play, mime and acting alongside dramatic and 'entertaining' soundtracks in his bedroom. Kin and his older sister began to perform in short-plays outside of school with a little theatre company in their town. Here was a pivotal moment in Kin's development. Each audition, rehearsal, show and production proffered Kin into a whole world of opportunities and slowly gave him the ability to communicate and truly believe in his capabilities. In a short production of 'Cinderella', Kin landed his first principal role and was pulled aside by the drama teacher in his high school soon afterwards. He had read an article about the admirable production and cast - Kin featuring as one of the main. Here, the teacher informed Kin that he was really hoping he could express the creative skill and talent he had, upon school grounds - perhaps studying performing arts in the future. This random act of kindness and encouragement is really what made Kin soar - transitioning him into a whirlwind of performing, directing and even singing. He began to train with professional, qualified individuals, - taking classes from singing teachers and so on which really enhanced his skill. Throughout his ponder into the arts, Kin began to form close and secure bonds with other passionate individuals and became utterly invested in a newly found social life. Despite the odd self-doubting tendencies, he remained determined and aspired to go far in his future.

It became apparent after graduation that school and growing up is one of the most crucial and difficult times of an individuals life. It is detrimental to their success and future and therefore, wished to make that experience slightly more bearable for others. The appreciation he had for his own teachers really encouraged him to become one himself and wishes to push students in a wondrous direction - up-keeping their passion, pride and dream just like his teachers did.

Characters Full Name:
Kin Mukai

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr

Characters Given Name(s):
Kin

Characters Preferred Name:
Kin

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:
Male

Characters Religious Domination:
N/A

Characters Marital Status:
Single

Characters Nationality:
Japanese

ACADEMIC DETAILS
Years of Residency:
31 years.

Working Experience(s):
College Professor [DRAMA]
Entertaining [THEATRE]

Academic Degree:
Performing Arts
Psychology

Year of Graduation:
Highschool - graduated 2008.
College - graduated 2014.

Major(s):
Performing arts, drama, music and psychology.

Minor(s):
Art, dance, script-writing, set design.

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
N/A

Users who are viewing this thread