Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: xBonnie
What's the title of your suggestion?: Hospital Recovery | xBonnie

What's your suggestion?:

HOSPITAL SUGGESTION | RECOVERY

Recovery was made mandatory in 2023 to introduce a patient roleplay environment to the hospital. This has largely benefited many character's developments, however there is one complaint that has gone seemingly untouched for a few months now. That is the fact that hospital workers have to observe patients who are in the recovery ward at all times. Patients cannot be left alone because there is no good way to contact the hospital staff if needed if they're not in the room with them. If necessary, a patient could use /call 110 to grab a hospital worker's attention, however this is not ideal or realistic, as KPD will be receiving these calls too and it wouldn't make sense for a patient in a hospital to call 110 from the recovery ward.

With all of that said, I want to suggest a recovery command. This would work as follows after a patient is admitted into the recovery ward:

• Log them on a medical system (A command that works the same as /jail, where we associate the character's name, duration and reasoning for recovery)​
  • Send them a message in their chat when the command is submitted with the information regarding recovery
    • Your character (Name) is in recovery for (duration) amount of days due to (reason).​
    • You can request to enter a recovery room at any point during this period as long as a hospital worker is online​
    • You cannot play this character during school time if you are a college/highschool student​
    • You cannot play this character for the duration stated outside of the hospital​

This would allow for hospital staff to leave the patient in the recovery ward and tend to other patients. If the patient in the recovery ward requires hospital staff, they can use their phone and a new command (For example: /page hospital [message]). This command will only contact hospital staff and will allow patients to easily converse with their doctors. Patients will still have to switch characters during school times and the command to page hospital staff will only work in a recovery ward region. If necessary, we can also add a rule that one hospital worker must be present in the recovery ward's nurse station to ensure at least one Doctor is nearby at all times in case something goes wrong.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
As mentioned above, this will allow patient's to easily contact their doctors without obsessive hovering. This will also allow for some privacy if a patient has a visitor. Doctors will still be advised to physically check on their patients every so often to make sure they are thriving, however it won't be mandatory to hover over their bedside at all hours of the day anymore. This will also mean patients can stay within the recovery ward and roleplay with their friends for longer, as they will no longer be required to leave due to hospital staff needing them to. Patient and hospital worker roleplay should become increasingly more fun and less pressure on both sides with this addition.

This will also mean less paperwork for the hospital staff, one less thing to add to the Hospital spreadsheet!

Last edited:

windswake

Level 24
Helper
wyldwinds
wyldwinds
Omega
+1
please please please please please i don't want people to be mean to me in looc when i say ion wanna watch them roleplay for ages

Haneshii

Level 14
Haneshii
Haneshii
Omega+
+1 bonnu cooked ^_^

a command like /jail while it may take a while to get working properly I THINK IT'D BE MUCH VERY KEWL.

mistoreya

Level 2
+1

Lord have mercy it can also be awkward sitting in the room when visitors come in while they’re trying to talk and catch up and you’re back there like ‍… watching them smash faces in reunion..

it also means that more people can do recoveryRP if only one person has to be online to help!

I do have a question about it though, say all the recovery rooms are filled and other people want to recoveryRP too. Do the people have a time limit they can be in there? And would there have to be a small waiting list of sorts if too many people want in at once?

sir meow

Level 39
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich
+1 I'm in EMS and I've been wanting this for so long, plus standing there watching people have really heart warming moments is kinda awkward

kustomzero

Level 132
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Bonnie with the fire idea. I actually love this and it’d be very convenient for the faction. It’d also help those who are confused about recoveryRP. If this were to get implemented then it’d help not just recoveryRP run smoother but the whole hospital overall.

Teagansy

Level 5
Teagansy
Teagansy
Omega+
yes pls, its really reeallllly awkward standing in our little corner whilst ppl are doing their lil recovery rp

DisgracedAngel

Level 18
DisgracedEarth
DisgracedEarth
Omega+
Sends you to recovery jail

Anyway +1 fire idea when there is time to make code for it can’t really think of any big downsides too it besides having to code it but it works for kpd so don’t see why it wouldn’t for ems!! Would also help with rush hours where we don’t have the time to drag someone all the way up to recovery.

6Pancake

Level 233
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
Sends you to recovery jail

Anyway +1 fire idea when there is time to make code for it can’t really think of any big downsides too it besides having to code it but it works for kpd so don’t see why it wouldn’t for ems!! Would also help with rush hours where we don’t have the time to drag someone all the way up to recovery.

The only similarity to the /jail command would be that it logs it on a system in-game with your IGN, RPname and duration. I don't think there's a need for a teleport feature

Users who are viewing this thread