GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:

StrawbeeViniq
Past warns/kicks/bans?:
None
What is your timezone?:
MST - Canada
Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):
fireviniq (No longer have the identifier)

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):

Accepted
(Main) Gaelic Application
(Main) Spanish Application
(Alt) JSL Application
(Alt) Gaelic Application
Denied
(Main) Doctor Application
(Main) Police Application

Pending
(Main) - [HS] Student Council Application
(Alt) School Nurse Application

Describe your activity on the server:

Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday
Friday​
Saturday​
Sunday​
4pm - 8pm
(4 hours)​
12pm - 8pm
(8 hours)​
11pm - 8pm
(7 hours)​
(sometimes an hour)
11pm - 8pm
(7 hours)​
11am - 8pm
(8 hours)​
12pm - 4pm
(4 hours)​

List your accounts and roles on this server:
StrawbeeViniq - [Grade 12]
BlueberryViniq - [Grade 12]

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?:
I do! If I am to go offline for a long duration I will ensure to give reasoning to the council.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The student council is a group of students who represent the interests, needs, and opinions of the student body within an educational institution, such as a school or college. They are often elected into the council by votes such as a student government. The main purpose of a student council is to give students a voice in the decision-making process and to enhance the overall experience of the student community.
The student council is often given jobs such like;

Representing - For example, acting as representatives for their fellow students, advocating for their concerns, ideas, and feedback to teachers, administrators, and other school officials.

Leadership - Example being, develop leadership skills, teamwork, communication, and problem-solving abilities. With that, the skills there can be useful within campus and future uses.

Organizing Activities and school/College events - As an idea, Student Council often organise and oversee various events, activities, and initiatives to enhance the school environment and promote student engagement. This can include social events, fundraisers, community service projects, and awareness campaigns.

Addressing Student concerns - Elaborating on that; council members are often collecting input from students and peers to identify issues affecting the student body. This may include academic challenges, facility improvements or extra-credit opportunities. Most anything that can be relayed back to School faculty and administration.

Collabing with School Admins - This can mean student councils collaborate with school administrators and faculty members to discuss and implement changes that can improve the overall school experience. Like proposing policy changes, advocating for better resources, or suggesting curriculum enhancements.

Giving School spirit and Unity - This is basically promoting a positive and inclusive, safe space for Students within Campus. The Student Council often creates events and activities that help give that culture to students trying to offer school pride, school spirit and a great sense of belonging.

Communication bridge for Students - The student council serves as a bridge between students and school authorities, giving open communication and offering a cooperative relationship between both parties.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
Some motivations of mine to become student council include positive development and bringing a good impact within the school environment! I’d love to help other councillors create innovative changes and contribute to helping shape policies on campus. Such an example can include new Skill development of mine and making more friends, such as building better confidence and giving me more personal growth. I don't often walk up to people and becoming a council member will help me with that. Becoming student council will also help me make a long term impact, with my peers, myself and the school itself. Such is striving me to work hard and attempt my hand at the student council.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
I am very aware and I fully understand what is expected of me as student council and I will do my best to contribute with whatever is required from me or asked of me.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
I can!
The main roles within the council are;

President
The student council president holds an important position and plays a key role in representing the student council; such as, leading the council, and working with school administrators to enhance the overall student experience.​
Vice President
This position supports the student council president and plays a crucial role in assisting with leadership, planning, and executing various council initiatives.​
Councillor
These individuals often possess leadership skills, a willingness to collaborate, and a genuine interest in representing their peers' voices in school matters.​

IC SECTION
SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

Before suddenly approaching, I’d sit and watch momentarily. Seeing what kind of words they are throwing at each other and if it’s sarcastic or not;

If the comments are sarcastic I would go on my way and allow them to toy with each other, BUT. If the insults were genuine and it seemed like a cat fight was about to break out, I’d walk over and be as polite as I can be in order to understand the situation. Letting the two girls separate momentarily as I collect both sides of the story and figure out the best course of action there, seeing if there was any way we could all three work together and come up with a solution so both parties were/are heard and so they have someone to watch them encase things get a little messy, acting like a referee for their possible continuation of their argument if it so happens to continue on afterwards.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
If I manage to, I’d contact school faculty for some support in the matter. Chasing after the student in order to not lose them, and if faculty tell me that they’re coming to help then I’ll be able to tell them exactly where we’re headed to in order for faculty to help have the student remove their mask. If I manage to catch up before faculty then I’d do my best to remove the students mask or continue to try and convince them to remove the mask and detention would not have to be faced as punishment for that student.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
Simple!
From watching from the sidelines I would ensure which party is more in the right, if it’s deemed that the victim of the other councillor has done nothing wrong and the councillor is making accusations to get them to confess to something they haven't done. Then I'd step in and take the other students' side, telling the other councillor that what they are doing is unjust and will traumatise the student and no longer trust the student body, and being the student body, us being trusted is ideal so students can voice their concerns to us. Once the other councillor leaves I would ask the student if they’d like to make a report on that councillor.
If the student wants to as the abuse from the councillor got too hard, then without hesitation I would file a report on the councillor and personally bring it up to other councillors on the matter. If the same punishment is agreed on then of course, I’d do my best to bring justice to the student that fell victim.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
Hearing from the other councillors about something I've never heard about or didn’t receive. I’d go over to the vice president or the president themselves for the information in order to get the exact information and not one that may be pushed into a game of telephone, writing down any information that is received by the President or vice president, thanking them verbally and with a bow before adding it to the rest of the information/documents of information I may have in order to be on the same page as the rest of the councillors.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
Depending on the situation, if I knew I was doing I’d apologise and fix whatever mistake I had made. If I was in the right and the teacher or receptionist was actually incorrect I’d politely tell them what I was doing was actually okay and allowed to do, and nicely tell them what I was doing followed our training and how it related to the training. But again, if I was severely in the wrong, I’d stand down, bow and apologise and go back to doing something else. If I was just inaccurate on information then I’d apologise for the misinformation and ask the teacher or receptionist about their knowledge on the subject/situation.

Please provide at least one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more for one event):
So, my event would be an animal protection/health fundraiser. Here's why;

It is crucial to provide extra funds for feeding animals, giving them a healthy environment, and providing good healthcare for animals since many animals on the streets are homeless, or have nowhere safe to go. Here's what I'm thinking;

An event that raises funds and awareness for the well-being and conservation of animals is an excellent way to raise awareness and funds. It can support animal shelters, wildlife sanctuaries, conservation organisations, as well as initiatives to promote responsible pet ownership.

For this to be possible, it will be necessary to make a ticket booth, which will allow users to purchase a variety of ticket tiers, including general admission, VIP access, and family packages. This event will have a number of animal demos that people may be able to showcase live demonstrations of trained animals, such as therapy dogs, service animals, or animals from wildlife rehabilitation centers, who may be able to demonstrate live demonstrations from their animals. Among the animals that we can learn about are cats, dogs, birds, raccoons, foxes, etc. Learn what they do, how they help, and how we can help them to be protected and conserved. Having people show their animals how they are trained for mental health, therapy and even a guide dog for the blind.

Another thing we can do is have a section for stray pets. Preferably outside the school in case of allergies, and create a pet adoption zone, partnering with local animal shelters to showcase adoptable pets, allowing attendees to meet potential furry family members!

Another activity within this event can include:
  • Silent Auction - Collect donations of items like pet supplies, animal-themed art, gift certificates, and experiences for an auction. Proceeds go towards the cause.​
  • Donation Booths - Set up booths where attendees can make direct donations or sponsor specific animals.​
  • Raffles and Prize Draws - Offer exciting prizes such as animal-themed merchandise, pet care packages, and local business donations.​

The main objective of this Event would be to raise funds to support local animal shelters, wildlife conservation projects, or organisations focused on animal health and protection. Raise awareness about animal welfare, responsible pet ownership, and the importance of wildlife conservation.

Create a fun and engaging atmosphere where attendees can learn and contribute to a meaningful cause.

Personal Information
(in character)

Name:
Orlain J. Quirke
Phone number:
(030)-670-1557

How would you describe your personality?:
I consider myself fairly open minded, I love intermingling with my peers and listening to their concerns. I feel as though I can describe my personality as;

Welcoming, I’ve always been open to learn new things, meet new people and let people spend time with me and learn some new things about themselves! I always love it when people can be open to themselves and feel confident and comfortable with who they are.

Accepting, I’ve always thought about how things may be and accepting people and situations that may happen with open arms, nothing is concrete and I keep that mindset as everyday will be different. So accepting people's differences and what things make people who they are is beautiful to me!

Positive, I consider myself a fairly positive person.. I love hearing new stories and experiences people have, not only that, but everyone is going through something and bringing in more negativity when someone is having a hard enough day isn’t always pleasant so being kind and positive is always good to have, especially as someone trying to become student council.

Reserved, one of my flawed personalities is being reserved. It’s not always a bad thing to say the least, but at times I listen more than speak up and as student council it may hold me back. But it doesn’t happen all the time and I can often work around it when it comes to something important.

Confidential, one other personality trait of mine that can be seen as a fly as I’m often holding things back. Sometimes depending on the situation I keep certain things to myself and keep it as confidentiality depending on how serious. If it’s something light-hearted or simple I won’t hold back but if it revolves around harassment I will often only tell people in a small group such as other student council.

Optimistic, A good personality trait of mine is being optimistic. I often love hearing about new things emerging and I get hopeful for the future and success of the Student body and school facility as a whole. I’m always going to be happy to help and ensure everyone feels heard in order to make great changes with the other Councillors.

Appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
Orlain is a 5’2” Irishman with fluffy ginger hair, he has very slightly tanned skin that carries freckles on his nose, cheeks, ears and shoulders. He has doe shaped innocent looking Emerald green eyes with emitting determination.
He carries himself with typically more feminine clothing and a more hourglass shaped male figure, slimmed waist and nice hips and upper body. Working to give off his queerness; often wearing a sunflower hair clip.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
Well, I cannot say it entirely separates me from the other applicants aiming for my position, but I feel as though I may have some extra help by learning Medical on campus as a student and having a CPR/First aid Certification, which may come in handy with the fights that may break out on campus or for the most part make someone feel more comfortable as we help them to the Nurses office where the nurse can work and figure out how serious it may actually be if a student were to be injured. Of course, injuries do not come from just fights, tripping, paper cuts, hydration, sleep deprivation can also lead to injury as well and having a warm, familiar face to help them out a little and help get them safe is always a plus for students. Especially if the nurse is busy then at least someone can help. Besides that, I do my best to be kind to everyone and race, sexuality or gender doesn’t matter and I’m always willing to help anyone out.

Why do you want this position?:
Well, I’ve always loved looking after people. No matter who they are, I've always been determined to help the school out in any way I can, like Donating books to the library or just overall helping teachers with their mentalities as being a teacher can be stressful. Added friends is always a bonus too as Student council and I’d love to get an insight of what everyone’s opinions are within campus and their thoughts on their peers and educators. Not only that, but for a personal growth perspective. I’m often fairly quiet and though I dress to be comfortable in my own skin, I find I still cannot hold friendships or find myself as a worthwhile person and taking on responsibilities and challenges within the student body may help me build confidence, develop resilience, and learn more about myself and my capabilities as a student but also as a peer and friend.

What interests you the most about student council?:
For me, participating in the student body introduces me to civic responsibilities, community service, and the importance of advocating for positive change, which are valuable life skills is what interests me the most, including contributions to a positive and inclusive school culture, making our school a better place for all students and being part of the student body would allow me to represent my peers' interests, concerns, and ideas to school administrators and teachers. I’d be able to contribute to important decisions that affect the student experience and that’s what strives me to become student council and work with the council. It’s the few things that interest me so much as I already try to work on those things as student council or not.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
It would be my pleasure to contribute and work on making peer mentoring programs for students to engage in to help each other out, especially if they would like to get into a teaching career, this could also be of assistance to them. The process of mentoring can be started by college students, for example; These established programs were developed to provide guidance, support, and a sense of community to younger students by older students. There are a number of reasons why new students should feel welcomed, as well as to ensure everyone has someone they can rely on.​

Last edited:

jaaaayla

Level 199
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
ACCEPTED
Congratulations on your application being accepted. Please ping @[Dean] gotsnapped in the RPH academic's discord's help channel for your roles.

Users who are viewing this thread