IsNate

Level 10
oIsNate
oIsNate
Omega
IGN: IsNate
DATE: 08/08/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Okay, to start off IM NOT good at writing a lot, so I'll just put down what I thought of, and any ideas / addons / feedback is welcome.

Let's say you make a family or a gang, but BEFORE joining or applying, you are informed that by applying you consent to us having kps on your character. (an example of this being used though would be them leaving the gang, betraying, snitching, going against them exct exct and the same with the family)
or there would be terms like, (By applying you consent to kps if you (insert list of things here) ) and like a question saying, If you do any of the listed things, do you give consent to kps:

Maybe you could have to have it accepted by staff for your organization, so then you could build factions of loyalty and it's just not random and everywhere. It has to be big and have lore to it and staff have to think its needed for the type of gang / family. aka a Yakuza or a Jopok

REPOST ; Maxi's words. +1
I had talked to Nate via DM's, trying to figure out what he was trying to state, cause if I'm honest, I was completely confused myself, so here is the narrowed down version, of what Nate couldn't put into words!

With the idea of this, it could lead to something cool for roleplay in the gangrp department. For gangs/organizations that have a permission to have kps if someone leaves, as it was at some point (I'm not exactly caught up in time frames). There would only be consented kps if the person were to betray, snitch or attempt in destruction towards the gang, with giving consent through application, it would have to ONLY be given if people do such things as destruction, snitch, and betray. When applying to risk the gang's reputation, you risk something in return. This would only apply for some gangs/organizations.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I think it would benefit the server with some lore and development because it would just make sense for a yakuza, jopok's and other gangs/families/criminal organisations. if a gang or organisation wants to use it I can picture it making them more roleplay based and stronger winthin srp if the right terms are made and such.

Last edited:

_BritishAutism_

Level 93
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+
+1

I like the sound of this but also there might be those types of people who will agree to something and regret their actions, hopefully, it doesn't come to that..

DarkEclipic

Level 155
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

I don't see why this wont be allowed, as long as you(or the person filling out the application with said kps) put your terms and agree to it OOCly. As long as the other part doesnt misuse it, it can see how that could be good for Lore reasons and especially in the way of the Yakuza and other groups similar to that

XXXWachin_

Level 1
XXXWachin
XXXWachin
Rich
+1

Cool idea, I believe this would be a good addition to the changes made to kps by heb. This would make for very good rp, as irl a snitch would get destroyed and obviously kicked out, mist times even killed. When a gang member leaves he usually gets taken out unless he has an incredible rep inside the gang. Really good addition, please make it a reality.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
+1, would encourage actual roleplay within gangs, making sure your reputation would be upstanding enough so that the gang wouldn't kill you

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
After reading others' opinions I have to agree with Luke. . .it can to effect activity of gangs & such

Last edited:

lamby :3

Level 29
Community Team
Event Team
octoplush
octoplush
Omega
This used to be a thing, people regretted it and it was removed.
It's a -1 since it caused A LOT of conflict.

IsNate

Level 10
oIsNate
oIsNate
Omega
This used to be a thing, people regretted it and it was removed.
It's a -1 since it caused A LOT of conflict.
That's why I added it could be approved by staff for the certain gang/ organization, more proven rp based ones with lore and reputation that would make sense to fit it.

Last edited:

BearDucky

Level 33
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+
Listen, I understand KPS was changed if I have anything to say I would say this completely bypasses the whole OOC Consent. People don’t kill people over snitching, well that’s outside of prison and if so it’s very rare that people will escalate to kill. Other stuff such as betrayal I understand but I see no point in adding this. We have to remember this is ‘SchoolRP’ not Gangrp as many people have mentioned, I do believe GangRP is a good addition to SchoolRP but not so much that it takes over.

And as you’ve said ‘Any of the listed things’, I’d have to say it will just cause more conflict as said. Another point to make is Japan has a very low crime rate being at about anywhere from 0.04% to 0.25%, not to mention kill perms were changed to lower the killing rate regardless if it was a gang member or not. I think it should stay OOC Consent as there are alternatives such as Torture (done to a level where it is not GoreRP) I’ve even seen gangs take down someone who betrayed them by majoring and torturing (in a suitable manner).

Overall what I’m trying to say is it will only be more of a problem as well as cause problems, and personally rather adapting to the change even though I didn’t agree at first. And having Staff have to accept it would only take more time, also would there be a certain time limit to perform this? And this is will only lead to certain gangs killing, whereas other gangs wouldn’t be able to kill? I personally think Gangrp doesn’t need a big lore, I think it’s rather fine as it is.

Even though it’s been mentioned of being ‘staff approved’ I still see a lot of things that could go wrong with the whole KPS on people. As YWTC said, it’s was added then further removed due to certain things, leading to it having a valid reason to be removed.

IsNate

Level 10
oIsNate
oIsNate
Omega
Listen, I understand KPS was changed if I have anything to say I would say this completely bypasses the whole OOC Consent. People don’t kill people over snitching, well that’s outside of prison and if so it’s very rare that people will escalate to kill. Other stuff such as betrayal I understand but I see no point in adding this. We have to remember this is ‘SchoolRP’ not Gangrp as many people have mentioned, I do believe GangRP is a good addition to SchoolRP but not so much that it takes over.

And as you’ve said ‘Any of the listed things’, I’d have to say it will just cause more conflict as said. Another point to make is Japan has a very low crime rate being at about anywhere from 0.04% to 0.25%, not to mention kill perms were changed to lower the killing rate regardless if it was a gang member or not. I think it should stay OOC Consent as there are alternatives such as Torture (done to a level where it is not GoreRP) I’ve even seen gangs take down someone who betrayed them by majoring and torturing (in a suitable manner).

Overall what I’m trying to say is it will only be more of a problem as well as cause problems, and personally rather adapting to the change even though I didn’t agree at first. And having Staff have to accept it would only take more time, also would there be a certain time limit to perform this? And this is will only lead to certain gangs killing, whereas other gangs wouldn’t be able to kill? I personally think Gangrp doesn’t need a big lore, I think it’s rather fine as it is.

Even though it’s been mentioned of being ‘staff approved’ I still see a lot of things that could go wrong with the whole KPS on people. As YWTC said, it’s was added then further removed due to certain things, leading to it having a valid reason to be removed.
-Listen, I understand KPS was changed if I have anything to say I would say this completely bypasses the whole OOC Consent.
- I think it should stay OOC Consent

To this, I would say again, it's more of an option for a gang / organization that has it approved of it making sense for them. not saying every gang or family you apply for means oh they have kps on you kind of thing. more of to keep order. If rats and snitches get caught, or if they attack or try to ruin a member or the organization.

it would stay OOC consent. you join the organization with written consent upon joining. its your choice to run that risk and you only run that risk if your have bad intentions and would only be for serious organizations. Yakuza, Jopok's and gangs would set up and remove them before it got any worse or out of anger and betrayal, heck they don't even have to kill them they could just use the kps to torture and punish them which ties into staff only letting certain gangs / organizations having it.

- And this is will only lead to certain gangs killing, whereas other gangs wouldn’t be able to kill?

This is already a thing with verified gangs. They get privileges because they have proven themselves.
another thing is that verified gang only get kps if the person leaves, i think if anything this should be extended to snitching / betrayal of the gang.

- I’ve even seen gangs take down someone who betrayed them by majoring and torturing (in a suitable manner).

Most organizations won't even get this option because how will they get the perms to do so? People will and do do stuff without consequence, even in the most RP-based organizations, and nothing can be done about it except kick them, which to me does not make the fullest of sense without real punishment.

- GangRP is a good addition to SchoolRP but not so much that it takes over.

I do understand this a lot but, their is an entire community based around it and thrives on srp and having fun doing it. It's not like I'm trying to bring back kps, its already gone for good. just trying to help the community in gangrp build a little more since i have noticed it being abused.

Last edited:

BearDucky

Level 33
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+
-Listen, I understand KPS was changed if I have anything to say I would say this completely bypasses the whole OOC Consent.
- I think it should stay OOC Consent

To this, I would say again, it's more of an option for a gang / organization that has it approved of it making sense for them. not saying every gang or family you apply for means oh they have kps on you kind of thing. more of to keep order. If rats and snitches get caught, or if they attack or try to ruin a member or the organization.

it would stay OOC consent. you join the organization with written consent upon joining. its your choice to run that risk and you only run that risk if your have bad intentions and would only be for serious organizations. Yakuza, Jopok's and gangs would set up and remove them before it got any worse or out of anger and betrayal, heck they don't even have to kill them they could just use the kps to torture and punish them which ties into staff only letting certain gangs / organizations having it.

- And this is will only lead to certain gangs killing, whereas other gangs wouldn’t be able to kill?

This is already a thing with verified gangs. They get privileges because they have proven themselves.
another thing is that verified gang only get kps if the person leaves, i think if anything this should be extended to snitching / betrayal of the gang.
1st point: Gangs shouldn’t be asking for approval simply because Would that mean that one person gets KPS on all of your gang members, because it would be extremely unfair for that member to be able to be killed where they cannot kill back. That would be focused on people being persuaded to join and when they choose to leave the gang gets KPS? ‘Leaving the gang’ not many gangs would kill someone over leaving the gang.

Also you say ‘Give risk to KPS on the character’ people would just change character to join another gang? There are many ways people can avoid dying which would result in arguments over which character they should be on. And you don’t need kps to torture? And I don’t think certain gangs should be allowed, if one gang is allowed then all should. Being verified doesn’t give rule privilege I’d personally say, realistically wouldn’t gangs mimic bigger gangs therefore leading to not only one gang. And it is the case I believe more gangs should have an opportunity to be one of those gangs then instead of only have one or two.

Also verified gangs may have proven themselves but to who? Only one person that’s who. I doubt ICLY people would know the gang as no gang is big enough to be known threw Karakura ICLY. Also if they do leave they should be able to kill back so there would be no complaints, resulting in the risk of YOUR character as well meaning you’d have to be careful as they may have people assisting to knock you out but then the person who betrayed you in the first place kill you.

IsNate

Level 10
oIsNate
oIsNate
Omega
1st point: Gangs shouldn’t be asking for approval simply because Would that mean that one person gets KPS on all of your gang members, because it would be extremely unfair for that member to be able to be killed where they cannot kill back. That would be focused on people being persuaded to join and when they choose to leave the gang gets KPS? ‘Leaving the gang’ not many gangs would kill someone over leaving the gang.

Also you say ‘Give risk to KPS on the character’ people would just change character to join another gang? There are many ways people can avoid dying which would result in arguments over which character they should be on. And you don’t need kps to torture? And I don’t think certain gangs should be allowed, if one gang is allowed then all should. Being verified doesn’t give rule privilege I’d personally say, realistically wouldn’t gangs mimic bigger gangs therefore leading to not only one gang. And it is the case I believe more gangs should have an opportunity to be one of those gangs then instead of only have one or two.

Also verified gangs may have proven themselves but to who? Only one person that’s who. I doubt ICLY people would know the gang as no gang is big enough to be known threw Karakura ICLY. Also if they do leave they should be able to kill back so there would be no complaints, resulting in the risk of YOUR character as well meaning you’d have to be careful as they may have people assisting to knock you out but then the person who betrayed you in the first place kill you.
-extremely unfair for that member to be able to be killed where they cannot kill back

it says in the rules if someone tries to kill you with consented kps you can kill them back without consent.

9.6e If you have consented to having your character killed and a person attempts it, you will also have permissions to kill their character without consent.

-Also you say ‘Give risk to KPS on the character’ people would just change character to join another gang?

That would be fine because all their ic knowledge of the gang would be gone, and so would their char.

BearDucky

Level 33
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+
-extremely unfair for that member to be able to be killed where they cannot kill back

it says in the rules if someone tries to kill you with consented kps you can kill them back without consent.

9.6e If you have consented to having your character killed and a person attempts it, you will also have permissions to kill their character without consent.
But you didn’t see what I said in it along the lines of ‘the gang they join may help kill you’ something like that. Which I know many people wouldn’t like.

Users who are viewing this thread