mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

If You Ever Quit SRP in the Past, What Made You Come Back?

urufu

Level 16
Urrufu
Urrufu
Rich+

HELLO!

My question today is another super simple one, and I wanted to know because a lot of the people I've spoken to did quit SRP a long time ago, but then came back this or last year.

IF YOU'VE QUIT SRP BEFORE, WHAT MADE YOU RETURN?
OR
IF YOU WERE TO QUIT SRP, WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU RETURN?

As per usual, I will go first!!
Although my stay in 2023 was SUPER short, I did technically quit and then return; my reason for it was simply because I sucked at dedicating to things at the time and thus forgot about it.

If I were to quit again, I would come back if either I was asked to by a friend, or if there was a super cool update! That will never happen though, I love shrine too much I fear

What are your answers? :3

Oli

Level 124
Community Team
Lore Team
gncme
gncme
Omega+
I am not sure if what I went through was a quitting? But, I had to resign from (mostly) all my posts as I became incredibly inactive and only came online both on Discord and Minecraft every fortnight for a weekend as I was in the military. I came back because... I never left in the first place

ZaciZach

Level 29
zacizach
zacizach
Rich+
Started in 2021 and was active until maybe around late 2022 or mid 2023 due to burnout to occasionally log on, before leaving completely nine-ten months ago. Bad mental health that only got worse over time on top of a bad event that honestly could have been preventable if, yk, i wasnt very childish and immature with my feelings

But regardless, I had to leave SRP because all it did was cause me pain and I needed to focus on my other priorities. Then over the months the pain lessened, but I still keep on thinking about SRP to the point it became more of an annoyance since i associated the bad event(tm) to it. So, I decided to come back and make new memories. Make a new char, do things I haven't done before since i have the time for it right now

And so far... I found myself enjoying it like I did when I first started

Only when I become satisfied with what I have accomplished, or if there happens to be another bad event(tm) that happens, will I leave SRP once more, lol

(Thank you to my old friends that I have spoken to at this point, for reminding me of the good I couldn't see before)

Benspudgydad

Level 3
Benspudgydad
Benspudgydad
Rich+
Joined in like 2022 with my old best friend, After a day as a pure greenie a somehow got my character stuck in the older system of the metro thingy. Overall I joined every couple of months just to see if I'd be interested in playing and being active again. Made a new character, got into a friend group with the boys: noodlething and Vechozzz (Love you guys)
Reason why I joined back:
Saw Travdesu's video roughly 5-7 months ago and this urge which I buried within me has sprouted as memories of old private roleplay servers I was involved in just sort of sparked my inner need and lust for a purpose outside of being the 'smart' and 'nerdy' person in a class full of idiots. Overall I'm ecstatic on how SRP has gone for me and to be honest! I'm so happy I saw that video.

urufu

Level 16
Urrufu
Urrufu
Rich+
Joined in like 2022 with my old best friend, After a day as a pure greenie a somehow got my character stuck in the older system of the metro thingy. Overall I joined every couple of months just to see if I'd be interested in playing and being active again. Made a new character, got into a friend group with the boys: noodlething and Vechozzz (Love you guys)
Reason why I joined back:
Saw Travdesu's video roughly 5-7 months ago and this urge which I buried within me has sprouted as memories of old private roleplay servers I was involved in just sort of sparked my inner need and lust for a purpose outside of being the 'smart' and 'nerdy' person in a class full of idiots. Overall I'm ecstatic on how SRP has gone for me and to be honest! I'm so happy I saw that video.
Very glad you came back! I enjoy seeing you :3

urufu

Level 16
Urrufu
Urrufu
Rich+
I am not sure if what I went through was a quitting? But, I had to resign from (mostly) all my posts as I became incredibly inactive and only came online both on Discord and Minecraft every fortnight for a weekend as I was in the military. I came back because... I never left in the first place
Ooo, that's super cool! Well done for your service in the military, that takes a lot of guts, very brave!!

Users who are viewing this thread