Level 93
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:

ImAnRPHAddict

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I do have a Discord account (@fj4501), and I also have a microphone that I am able to use to speak in VCs for the majority of the week.

List your timezone and country:
I use EST and reside in the United States.

Describe your activity:
I play on SchoolRP daily from anywhere between two and fifteen hours, however, this number depends on what I have going on in real life, as that's always my top priority. Typically, when I'm not online on the SRP server, I'm doing SRP-adjacent activities, such as creating skins, characters, documents (including this very application!), and anything of that sort. Below is a table of the times of day during the week that I'm typically available.​
Key
Sunday​
Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday​
Friday​
Saturday​
Midnight
Available
Unavailable
DependentUnavailableDependentAvailableAvailable
Morning
DependentUnavailableAvailableUnavailableAvailableAvailableDependent
Noon/Afternoon
DependentAvailableUnavailableAvailableUnavailableAvailableDependent
Evening/Night
AvailableDependentDependentAvailableDependentAvailableUnavailable
Of course, I'm able to bend a lot of these availabilities. If I'm needed in-game or on a call during an unavailable time, I can definitely, at the least, attempt to free up my schedule. And of course, life is unpredictable, so I may be unavailable during some of the times listed as available, as well as vice versa. As for what I due while I'm online, there's a lot. I have many accounts that I use for all different activities. I'll teach classes, buzz around, write reports, hang around as a cat and bird, work at shopkeeper-owned shops, and most important of all: I'll roleplay with other people. Whether I know them OOCly or not, I always enjoy roleplaying (even if the plot isn't one in favour of my characters), as it's what the server's about!

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
I have no prior bans.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
Denied
Librarian
Fashion Club [Link Unavailable]

Accepted
Teacher
Third Language Authorization
Journalism
Host
Track
Media Club[Link Unavailable]
Literature Club [Link Unavailable]
Literature Club x2 [Link Unavailable]

Pending
Shop

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
I’ve always loved writing, it’s a true passion of mine. It’s the only reason I joined SchoolRP in the first place. Online roleplay is a form of art, alongside performing arts and literature. It’s a perfect mix between the two that I find to be very comforting. However, in recent months, I’ve been noticing a decline in general writing, at least where I am, in SRP, it’s mainly just story-based dialogues. I’d still like to get those boosts of dopamine from writing, without having to walk away from my computer (beacuse I’m clearly the most sane person you’ve met). Being a journalist on a separate account definitely helps with this, but I still have some issues.
I joined the KHS Journalism Club back in May of 2023. Since then, I’ve come up with a total of 58 report ideas. However, many of them I've been too scared to write, as they lean in a bit too close to the city side of the news. However, these stories/reports are still wonderful ideas and I’d still love to write them, with the bonus of sharing them around the SRP community. I’ve had much practice with the school side of news, however, I think I’m ready to take on both sides of it.
When I originally applied for Journalism, it was just because I felt I wasn’t ready to take on a city role, such as reporter, and wanted to stick in the school (I ended up enjoying it, and I still do, though!). However, I’ve overcome this fear since then, and I believe that it’s officially time that I join the news faction.
Adding onto this, due to some certain circumstances, I believe that in roleplaying in the news station–and just as a reporter in general–with the character I’m applying on, I'd be able to have some great times. With everything going on with Ahiro Nakatani Akori and his family, being in the news station with other reporters could be humorous, and it would certainly make for great roleplay oppurtunities.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
As stated above, I have writing to thank for many of the opportunities and experiences I’ve been given in my years. My “relationship” with it is extremely positive and by joining the news faction, I hope to keep the bond in such a way for longer. As for experience, I believe I have plenty. For starters…
Journalism
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m a member of the KHS journalism club, a big part of which is literature. I’ve been in this club for seven months, going on eight. In my time in the club, I’ve written… we’ll put it at too many reports, as I’m not counting all of those.

Aside from all of that, I don’t have much experience other than “yippie-kie-yay! I love writing!”

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
I have read all documents referring to the reporter faction and I will absolutely be able to obey the instructions and restrictions provided within them. If any more rules are given to me upon future acceptance, I will also do my darndest to follow those as well.

Why should we accept you over others?:
While I don’t believe that putting others’ work down is the way to go, I will say that I may have some qualities that others may not.
Firstly, I’m extremely… available. I take advanced online lessons. However, they are decently short, only taking up four hours (including given work) of my twelve-hour day. I usually use the remaining eight hours on SchoolRP or doing SRP-adjacent activities (skins, lore, event preparation, etc.). This would include writing reports, which could make me a far more active member of the faction than other applicants.
Alongside this, my passion for writing RPH-related documents is extreme and proven, this can be seen in various accounts, which is something that (maybe) many other applicants wouldn’t be able to say truthfully.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.):
Of course. I believe myself to be skilled with only ever having a bias towards myself (hence why I won’t be writing reports about groups I’m a part of). Especially when writing reports that are meant to educate the community on certain ongoing events in the server, it’s important that the readers are able to come up with their own personal bias that isn’t given to them through the report.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I am completely capable of this task. I understand that activity is needed in order for a faction to run properly, and I wouldn’t want to take that away from the News Faction. If I don’t believe I’m up to the task for a limited amount of time, I’ll put in an inactivity log.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Obviously, the main part of being a reporter is writing reports. Reporters are trusted to write and post reports that include quality content and are entertaining to the viewer. Looking at old city news reports, I’ve come to the conclusion that the big three things reports should revolve around are server events, server changes/additions, and citizen’s activities or thoughts on/in Karakura.
As for what else they do, I’m unsure, as I haven’t yet been in the faction. All I know is that due to the smaller size of the faction, more roleplay occurs within it. However, I’m hoping that I can learn more about everything relating to the faction upon acceptance.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Ahiro Nakatani Akori
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Nakatani / ̷B̷r̷o̷ Mr.
Current Age:
Past job/work experience:
N/A
Degree/qualifications:
Masters | Public Relations
Nationality and born location:
Japanese-Korean | Japan
Phone Number:
030-545-037

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I tend to resist the typical standards of morals and social etiquette. But, as I like to think of it: They don’t apply to me. However, I still have other redeeming qualities that make up for it and then some. I enjoy drama, whether it be my own or others’, as it truly does fuel my inner fire. I suppose I’m also driven; I’m willing to do whatever it takes to get to me where I’m hoping to be… Seriously, whatever it takes. So, assuming you're looking for someone who's unapologetically bold and irresistibly charming, look no further.
P.S.: I’m also hot, if that helps xoxo

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I’m extremely interested in writing reports regarding recent events in Karakura, whether they be about the people in the city, major changes to businesses/ the city’s works, or even events that occur within Karakura. This ‘hot news’ is what interests me more than the ‘for-fun entertaining’ types of reports, as they’ve reliably been more enjoyable for myself; it always felt more relevant to me than ‘who’s Tailor Speed dating?’ I’d definitely consider writing more entertainment-based reports, or whatever other kinds you have in store for me, though. I’m ̷a̷l̷w̷a̷y̷s̷ ̷ usually up for something new and exciting.
What are your expectations for the job?:
My three main hopes/expectations for this job are the following. Firstly, I’d like the ability to publish Karakura News articles about current events that I’m passionate about, obviously. Secondly, I’m hoping that I’ll be able to talk and interact with other reports similar to myself; I expect that within doing that, I’ll be able to get advice and feedback from them regarding my work, and to be able to grow from that, making my work flourish further. Thirdly, and finally, this one’s a simple, but important one, I’m expecting to be able to ask hot men on the street for their phone number without them questioning it… Isn’t that at least half the point of being a reporter?

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
N/A
Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese Korean
(I will be applying for Korean if I get accepted)

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your report idea (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied).

#1 - General Report

Automotive Insights

Unexpectedly, in February of 2024, many upgrades were made to the vehicle community in Karakura; there seemed to be many companies and businesses working together to enhance the driving experience in our city. Let’s get right into it and start with the Auto-Shop, which has had many renovations within just the last year.

Okamoto’s Car Dealership & Their Quality
Starting just last summer, Okamoto’s Car Dealership resided in the corner, hidden within a stone wall, behind the Bobcat Bowling Alley. However, in late April, once Complex L opened up near Tōge Tunnel, Okamoto moved his place to the area right beside Itsbyoshi Station. Presumably, this was because Okamoto’s old dinghy garage was placed next to a, quite frankly, spooky spot.

But let’s stop dwelling on the past; let’s start to focus on the now and the future.

Okamoto’s pricing for vehicles went down on February 25th, 2024. The average price for a vehicle (per seat) is now ¥375,000, going down by 76%. The previous prices were just about ¥1,625,000 per seat on average. What a steal!... Or is it? According to our experts (not qualified), the “prettiness” and “slayfulness” have gone down in all vehicles by 100%; and that’s just the tip of the iceberg in their decrease in quality. Okamoto’s cars’ speed has gone down drastically, in an area where there are no speed limits and people walk like the Flash. To compare, the average walking speed of a teenage Karakuran is 544 BPM (blocks per minute). Whereas, when you buy a vehicle of any sort (bikes not applicable) from Okamoto, its base speed is 730BPM.
However, in their rebrand, Okamoto had added an addition to their store. The Mod Shop. You can now purchase modifications to your car, from the same people, to increase its quality. A fully maxed-out car is around 2,500BPM if the accelerator is in use, the old base cars (with no applicable upgrades) were just around 1,460BPM. This means that, per mile, the vehicles have gone down in price by speed by exactly 50%. Making them down in quality by 59%, when you factor in the price per seat as well.

So, is it an upgrade? Not in terms of statistics. But statistics isn’t everything, this does make it so that vehicles will be more prominent in the city, as they’re more accessible. Even if the base cars are lower in quality, more people can have them, which will truly make the car community thrive more.

11/7 & The Price of Gas
Along with Okamoto’s renovations, 11/7 had upgraded their systems! They have installed a total of six gas pumps in replacement of their south parking lot. These gas pumps are always open, unlike the rest of the store, and they charge you immediately at the pump, so there’s no need to talk to any human being in the process of filling up your tank!

The pricing at the gas pumps is not at all steep, however. For all gas, it’s ¥175 per liter of gas, making a full tank from Okamoto cost ¥1,750. However, as time goes on, we all should be expecting the pricing on these pumps to change drastically. In the future, the pricing will most likely (prediction by Kyori Akori Studies)befall the same fate that vehicles have. They’ll increase rapidly, then decrease gradually.
Seeing as a full tank of gas costs less than a Monster Energy Drink, however, this really shouldn’t matter.

[OOC]
Thank you so much to SleepyS3b, ImAddictedToSRP, Reximix, ORmaybeNOT, and Destinsy for helping me out with testing out the vehicles and attributes!

2 - Interview

The Family Store: Penny Evans

I’m sure we’ve all visited the Family Store at least once or twice, even if it was when we were new to Karakura. But, let’s be real. How many of us have taken the time out of our days to go ahead and at the least say hi to Penny Evans? I’d probably be the last to raise my hands, as I have, honestly, never said a word to Penny Evans.
Now, who is Penny Evans, you may be asking? Well, she’s the owner of the Family Store and she’s been running it smoothly for at least 6 years at this point, even adding new items to their stock every so often. She’s an amazing entrepreneur and does the best for her store. We should all be taking her for granted far less than we are currently.

Penny Evans: Mother & Business Owner
[Ahiro Naktani Akori]: “So, Ms. Eva-”​
[Penny Evans]: “Mrs.- Sorry. Go on.”
[ANA]: “No worries. You’re the owner of the Family Store, correct? What’s a day in life look like there?”​
[PE]: “Yes, I’m the owner. A day in the life… It’s a basic cashier life. People slide their items over the counter, and I take their money and give them their items back. Then they walk out without a word.”
[ANA]: “Oh, so you’re the cashier, too? Are you your only employee?”​
[PE]: “Sadly, yes. I’m the only employee, so I have to be working at all times.”
[ANA]: “So you make. Practically all the profits that the store does, yes? Aside from taxes, and all that. Give us a hint at how much money you have on you right now.”​
[PE]: “How about you give me a number and I’ll do higher or lower.”
[ANA]: “Oh? Alright. 700k.”​
[PE]: “Higher.”
[ANA]: “One million?”​
[PE]: “Higher.”
[ANA]:: “Oh, just tell me.”​
[PE]: “Fine. ¥24,000,000”
[ANA]: “Oh my- What do you use that money on?”​
[PE]: “As I’ve said before, I’m a married woman. I have two kids with my husband. But also, I have to be at my shop practically 24/7 since no one ever asks me to work at the family store… Which recently, has been tearing my own family apart.”

A Cut in the Recording…

[PE]: “I spend a lot of the money from the store on babysitters, toys, food, all of that for my kid. And a lot of it I use for my husband as well… A lot of it also goes towards sending mail to my family…”
[ANA]: “When’s the last time you saw your family, Penny?”​
[PE]: “Summer of 2023…”

A Cut in the Recording…

Hello, readers. If you’ve kept on reading since the start, good job. I’ve cut this part out of the recording as it gets ugly here (and by ugly, I mean ugly crying). Let’s take this time to reflect on what we know about Mrs. Evans so far.

No one ever talks to her, she lives in her store, she’s always working, she hasn’t seen her family in nearly half a year… And who’s fault is this? It’s our fault, as the citizens of Karkura. We don’t appreciate the small business of Karakura, all we care about are the larger businesses.

And that’s okay! It’s fine to enjoy shopping at larger places, but… Is it okay to just dismiss all the hard work that the local businesses put into their job and all the sacrifices they make for us? No. That’s not okay.
Now, let’s back into it. Keep all this in mind while you continue watching.

[ANA]: “Are you… open for hiring right now?”​
[PE]: “I am, yes. But no one ever asks me if I am, so barely anyone knows that I am.”
[ANA]: “Have you thought of putting up a sign?”​
[PE]: “I tried to buy a sign for hiring from Robert Smith, but he ignored me. Typical Karakura experience for me.”
[ANA]: “Which Robert Smith? The one in the forest or at the pier?”​
[PE]: “There’s… two?”
[ANA]: “Yeah…”​
[PE]: “I saw the one at the pier for the sign.”
[ANA]: “Interesting. But back to your family store, it sounds like you're carrying a… significant burden, to say the least, by managing everything on your own. How do you cope with the stress?”​
[PE]: “I just cry. I’ve completed customers’ orders while having a full mental breakdown in a pool of tears. But the customers never care. They just walk up and walk away within a minute.”
[ANA]: “And I bet that creates more sadness, right?”​
[PE]: “Yes. To know that I’m just here to… be a cashier and that no one cares about me as a human is… quite the knowledge.”
[ANA]: “Does your husband have work?”​
[PE]: “As far as I know, yes. However, we haven’t spoken in a while, so I can’t be 100% certain. I can't even be 100% certain he's still my husband.”
[ANA]: “Of course. What are your most prevalent fears with having to be so far away from your family so often?”​
[PE]: “My biggest is my husband cheating. I don’t know what he’s up to with all this distance between us, y’know? And my son, I know he’s in good hands, but I still fear that something bad may happen to him.”
[ANA]: “That’s completely understandable, Penny. I think we all feel that way about our loved ones… Except for those of us without any. I’m afraid that will be all the time that we have for today, however.”​

Penny’s miserable. It's clear of that. She truly needs a break. I know that many of us in Karakura are looking for work. Why not in the Family Store? What is it that we, as a society, have against this quaint store? I'm not sure, but maybe you can tell me. Don’t forget, our responsibility as citizens of this city is to make sure that everyone is either dead or happy. So what will it be, Karakurans?

Last edited:

Aania

Level 168
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
ApplicationStuffs.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @ aania to start the process and get you set up!

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread