mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Increase the Bear Roll Amount

aresdotmp3

Level 7
What's your Minecraft Username?: aresdotmp3
What's the title of your suggestion?: Increase the Bear Roll Amount

What's your suggestion?:
I think that we should increase the bear rolling amount. I don't think it makes sense that they have to roll lower than a high school/college character. Also, I don't think it makes sense that a bear and a dolphin should be rolling the same... The bear should roll more!

Does that mean it should roll 200? Maybe :eyes:...

I'm joking, like... 150? Or more, maybe not 200, but more than 150! The only reason why not 200 is because this might motivate more people to buy more bears to start attacking people for no reason, which is like failrp :P EITHER WAY, the point stands. The roll for a bear should either increase to 150 or even 175!


How will this benefit the server and community?:
In all seriousness, I definitely think that a bear rolling shouldn't be something that is less than whatever an 18 year old can roll. People kinda love to fight bears too often?!?! And yes, sometimes its the other way around where bears like to fight other people too, but if we make the dangers of a bear more prominent then we'll avoid more situations where more people will come up and throw hands at a bear because they want to!

From my understanding, a bear is only allowed to attack after giving three warning signals or actions to another person. So this means that there should be ample time for a person to either leave or report to officials that there is an active bear and have them either taken care of, or to have the situation die down.

Bears are huge! HUGE!!! It makes no sense to have them roll less than an 18 year old. SO in turn, I think increasing the roll amount not only increases the realism to the animal, but also adds a fear factor into the RP in which many people forget about.

Ty for reading :D
 
+ 1

I have witnessed a concerning amount of teenagers fist-fighting bears with little to no fear due to the roll advantage. I think evening out the rolls to at least 150 would help bears to be treated as the formidable 600lb creatures that they are. Respect the wildlife!

/)/)
( . . ) have a flower
( づ❀
 
-1 gonna be honest it’s been suggested so many times and it’s been denied so many times. I doubt it will be accepted
 
Bears can't roll above 150 because then it's pay to win (pay = buy animal whitelist, win = have a high roll amount) which is against Mojang's (or Microslop's) TOS. Why they can't just roll 150? i dunnour... In my humblest most honest opinion all animal fights should be p2l (the p stands for play, not pay). Now that I think about it we should just remove rolling altogether, who's with me?
 
+1 The combat roll bracket system has always followed the logic of comparison via standard physical capabilities (e.g. a younger student would typically not do well in a fight against an older student). I'm guessing the oversight comes from bears being grouped in with the initial logic for animals overall being along the lines of "a person would have a clear advantage over a dog (or other small animal)". A bear is an obvious exception to this, and the rolling amount should be raised to at least 150, which would put it on the exact same playing field as a majority of SRP characters.
 
Bears can't roll above 150 because then it's pay to win
This really enters a gray area of what we can consider an "advantage." I can argue that since a bear is, roleplay-wise, more limited than the majority of the player base who play as human characters, it would make the 200 roll more of a balancing fix, rather than a game-breaking and illegal mechanic.

If we argue for a bird, a dog, a frog, a cat, a raccoon, a rat, or whatever other animal that can have more roleplay opportunities (ex., animals who can be tamed, have extra abilities like flying, have the whole map to interact with, etc.), we could reach the conclusion that, yes, this would most likely be considered a P2W.

However, our bar to measure here is roleplay because this is a Roleplay Server, and if we take into account the realism of a literal bear's strength, the reality of bears inside of SchoolRP, the interactions (and outcomes) the player base has seen so far with this mob, etc., etc., roleplay-wise, the bear is at a disadvantage.

TLDR: P2W applies when you gain an advantage; a 200 roll for a bear would be considered balanced and added realism to the server... The server should prioritize realism since it is a self-declared Roleplay server.

+1

The fact that this has been denied so many times don't necessarily argue the reasons of the resolution of an issue, this is not American Law where once this is set, then from this point onwards this is how we are going to deal with it. No. Reality change, people change, roleplay change, everything changes at the end of the day, and we can't be too stubborn on matters like this.

The fact that the playerbase has been suggesting this for a while give us enough reasons to at the very least suspect that there is an issue with the bear role. Think about what @FuzzyChinchilla said;
I have witnessed a concerning amount of teenagers fist-fighting bears with little to no fear due to the roll advantage.
The main argument is not that "Oh no we want more roles because I want my bear to become an omnipotent being able to destroy everyone that they see." No, this argument is that players do not take this role serious anymore.

"Then why don't we make the players fear the bear?" — We should, but in reality the efficiency of this rule would be as good as a 1 year old trying to open a Pringle's can. It's not a matter of enforcing it because we say so, it's a matter of sensing danger without the need of a rule. I hate to bring them up, but considering how they were in past suggestions about Bears rolls too... Take into example KPD, it has been stated multiple times that KPD is feared, in part, due to the roll 200. This same roll 200 is one of the arguments used to fear KPD. So I beg to ask, If I'm in the forest and in order to get out, I either need to fight a 600lb. GRIZZLY BEAR or a Police officer, what would you do? Answer honestly and none of us will say the bear. The answer of an SRP user: The Grizzly bear of course, I fear them less than a police officer. Absolute no hate to KPD, keep your rolls because I agree that they should have it, but I won't buy the argument that, in a balance, they should be more feared than an actual bear.


These suggestions are just examples, most of them -1 due to the P2W argument, which again I will argue that there is absolute 0 advantage on a bear to be treated like a bear, but rather a balance issue that has been present in the server.

If SRP chooses to continue rejecting suggestions like these, especially after the numerous amount of times the players, the ones who paid for the role, have been reporting issues like these, then you can only expect people stop paying and playing as a bear, which unfortunately is already happening. There will be a point where we will need to stop arguing about theory and start seeing the practice of where this is taking us.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Top