players online

Interest Rates for putting money in the bank for a long time, etc

SigmaHater

Level 4
SigmaHater
SigmaHater
Notable
What's your Minecraft Username?: SigmaHater
What's the title of your suggestion?: Interest Rates for putting money in the bank for a long time, etc

What's your suggestion?:
I think low interest rates should be added to the bank so if you leave your money in the bank for a long time, you are able to earn more money. It could be every month ooc or every week, etc.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I think it would add a little bit of realism to the game, as irl you can earn money by putting your money in your bank for a long period. Additionally, it will encourage people to utilize the bank more to store their money and actually save money, etc.

Last edited:

DarkEclipic

Level 158
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
I understand that people want to have a way of making money, but SRP is already experiencing enough inflation and this will only make it worse(meaning shop prices will go up). Believe this was suggested in the past and I believe it was denied(id have to look but if there was one, it was from WAY back)

One

Level 12
Bryconium
Bryconium
Notable
-1 I need money but it would be kind of pointless to add realism to a minecraft server.

Neutral leaning +1?

I think it could be good depending on how its implemented (for instance having the interest rate lower over time or capping at a certain amount so inflation doesn't get too out of control) (or like maybe even a stock market where its randomized or shares of actual shops idk that would probably be way too complicated)
It would be a nice addition to the bank since imo there's not much use for it rn if you aren't super new. You can't be robbed for everything on you so what's really the point of trekking all the way to the bank if you have over like 15k? (plus I have had weird issues with banking lately so I gave up on it lol)
Plus it adds a nice little tiny income source and gives players motivation to not constantly spend all their money (someone physically restrain me from spending more on oranges and glasses omg)

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
The fundamental cause of inflation in SRP is to create money out of thin air. Every half hour, you will find that you have 1,000 yen more in your hand, as well as daily login rewards and voting rewards.
Taxes and rents are just a drop in the bucket.
If there are more ways to create money out of thin air, I can’t imagine how worthless money will be.

SirDerpHead

Level 34
SirDerpHead
SirDerpHead
Omega
As much as I love money. . . For a block game, the economy is already quite inflated and I fear that this would only just increase that margin.

C3rt1fied

Level 2
c3rt1fied
c3rt1fied
Fundraiser+
I love this idea so much but SRP has stated they were experiencing inflation, hence taxes, but this would just cause more and more inflation.

sir meow

Level 37
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich
-1 the bank already has enough issues not working half the time, and also.. just work if you want more money. this is a minecraft roleplay server, not real life

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread