twenty-five

Level 0
PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:
Rarstin

Discord Tag:
tripiitheoc

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, I have a working microphone I can use.

Timezone & Country:
BST & United Kingdom.

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):
Tiang Cheng Korean Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

Describe your activity on the server:
I am a very active player within the server, usually playing at an above average rate. I am currently on vacation until the 25th of August, but despite this I am still remaining active by logging on most evenings when I am not active. Once I return from my vacation, I can assure you my activity will pick up even more.

I have been playing the server for quite a while now and I hope to extend my roleplay opportunities as the majority of my roleplay activity has been as a student, I feel like I really need some variety to indulge myself in. I will remain as an active player with my Judge role and will make sure to attend every case that I am available for.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:
Judge

What is your motivation for applying?:
Being the middleman and the person who makes the final decision in a case that could alter a person's life forever, for better or worse, is a burdensome responsibility that fascinates me as you're expected to make the most moral decision, regardless of what it might imply for certain parties (typically a responsibility that will happen only during a trial). A role that can go against your moral compass and make you fear making the decisive choice that might overturn the foundation of your principles, yet it's the right and only course of action you can take. I've always wanted to have the luxury of binding people together through marriage and the regular duties required of me as a judge. Roleplaying as a Grade 12 is currently overdone and, in my opinion, repetitive and boring.
My motivation to apply for this position has been deeply rooted from a lifelong interest in learning, experiencing new things and a desire to immerse myself as a judge in roleplay. There was always an underlying instinctive curiosity with the server role throughout my time playing it, and I’d like to take my time with this chance in applying to be a judge. This special chance appeals to me as the ideal way to enhance my roleplaying abilities, as a way to develop myself professionally but also as a way to give back to the profession with my continuous efforts.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Without a doubt, the combination of my own experiences and the guide I've read has improved how much I understood. I shall mention the three primary kinds of punishments for particular offenses—fines, misdemeanours, and felonies, it goes much deeper than this. With the subcategories of the types of crimes clarified in more detail, such as the minor/major crimes, etc. Whereas for the constitution there are 17 articles of the constitution that I fully comprehend, I understand the following: Human rights and equality for all citizens are protected by the Karakura Constitution. As long as it doesn't jeopardise the welfare of the general public, it preserves the freedoms and rights that the government has established, placing a particular focus on respect for people and their well-being. Equality under the law is upheld, prohibiting unfair treatment. Freedom of speech (unless in conflict with laws), freedom of religious practice, and same-sex unions are recognised. Everyone at the age of 16 or above do have the right to work, meanwhile businesses must pay taxes with the revenue they earned. Due process is guaranteed, and jury verdicts are needed for criminal punishments. The populace has the right to fire officials and is shielded from illegal searches, arrests, and detentions. Legal counsel and the right to silence are both protected. Confessions obtained by torture are forbidden. People who are serving a sentence (to be executed) have a right to an ethical termination. After being detained, suspects can plead not guilty and have a court case for their defence.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
The two sources of inspiration fueling my character to accept this job are personal progress and a transformative impact on the judiciary as a whole. Their laudable goal is to cultivate a more compassionate and benign persona, which they hope to do by carefully weaving significant decisions into their daily dealings with the public. The long-term consequences of these decisions bear witness to their determination to leave an indelible mark on the lives of individuals nestled in the tribunal's embrace.
This overwhelming motivation parallels my personal engagement with the intellectual fabric of law outside of the bounds of roleplay. An exhilarating sensation of anticipation is fuelled by the palpable synergy between these two facets, where the intellectual pursuit converges with the immersive art of roleplay. This convergence opens up the possibility of improving not only my real-world skills but also the finesse in my in-game role-playing persona. This dual enrichment carries undeniable significance for me, both as a budding legal scholar and a passionate role-player.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
While the position of a Judge within the governmental structure is not overly complicated, its importance cannot be overstated; consequently, a thorough understanding is required. I will attempt to demonstrate my understanding of this job by explaining the following aspects:
Supervising Court Procedures: The oversight of court procedures is central to a Judge's responsibilities. Judges must preside over hearings and trials to ensure that these important junctures develop in a neat and planned manner.
Attentive Listening and Comprehensive Understanding: As a Judge, you act as an impartial mediator, ready to absorb and comprehend arguments provided from many points of view. The core idea is to begin with an impartial point of view then, at the end leave with detailed understanding by fusing both sides of the debate.
Interpreting and Applying the Law: A judge must have a complete understanding of the law, with all of its broad implications. The core of this stance is to begin from an objective point of view and end with full knowledge that comes from synthesising both arguments.
Critical Legal Orders: The issuance of pivotal legal mandates falls under the jurisdiction of a Judge's power. This includes the issuance of warrants, such as search and arrest warrants, which give law enforcement agents the authority to exercise power over individuals as necessary within the confines of the law.
Preeminent Commitment to Equity and Fairness: Judges embody the fundamental ideals of equity and fairness. The crux of their duty is to ensure that judgments are made essentially impartially, without bias or favouritism. Judges have a critical role in safeguarding Karakura's integrity as a just and equitable society by respecting these beliefs.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I understand.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
I understand.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I understand this, and therefore, I won’t take OOC relationships into IC matters in any sort of case whatsoever.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes, I have read them and have fully understood them.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
I am able to attend any type of meeting/events, if a microphone is needed I am able to use it.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:
Jung Minori

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Mr

Current age:

Date of birth:
July 19, 1963

Academic Degree:
“I'm pleased to inform you that I hold a bachelor's degree. It seems to meet the requirements of my desired career path.”

Major(s):
“I major in Political Science, I thought the path of simply choosing law was too bland and straight forward.”

Minor(s):
“My minor is Philosophy, I can better grasp the various viewpoints of others thanks to it.”

Work experience:
“I started my academic path by obtaining admission to the prestigious Law University of South Korea. Considerably with my parents' assistance, I continued my studies with zeal, immersing myself in Political Science and Philosophy. This scholastic groundwork not only developed my ability to reason critically but also provided me with an excellent grasp of the complicated intersections of law, society, and ethics.”
-
“After successfully navigating the rigours of education, I entered the sphere of legal practice, gaining a vital job as an attorney for Korea's prestigious Supreme Court. As a defence attorney, I was at the forefront of a few of the most notable and controversial cases in both the civil and criminal courts. My determined campaign for justice saw me prevail in an assortment of legal challenges where I fought to protect the rights and liberties of the people I represented.”
-
“As my experience grew, I found myself rising through the ranks of the judicial system. I was on the verge of a new chapter in my legal career after being elevated to the renowned position of High Court Judge.I patiently deliberated over every piece of evidence, every nuance of testimony, and every part of the law, guided by an august dedication to fair adjudication, to arrive at findings that echoed with resounding justice.”
-
“I took the difficult decision to migrate to Karakura, a city with its own rhythm and spirit, for family reasons. With an open heart, I embraced this transformation and set my sights on a new venture that coincided with my undying devotion to the pursuit of justice - serving as a Judge at Karakura's Town Hall.”

Political background:
“Growing up in a household where politics and legality were always a topic of discussion, I was deep in an environment that culminated within me a burning desire to set out positive change through the legal system. I’d find myself in the midst of debates, campaigns, and projects about law and politics. My academic journey really reinvigorated and reinforced my commitment to fairness. It was this blend of this passion and expertise that inevitably led to a turning moment in my career – the appointment as a High Court Judge.”

Nationality & born location:
Korea, Seoul

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Korean
Japanese

Criminal record:
N/A

What makes you a good candidate for this job?:
“I am confident that my remarkable abilities and significant legal expertise uniquely position me as an ideal candidate for this position. Years of practice have sharpened my talents and skills, displaying my profound passion and unshakable determination that supports every activity I do.”
-
“My journey in the legal realm has been marked by a continuous pursuit of excellence. As I navigated through complex cases, my innate ability to delve into intricate details and meticulously research numerous arguments emerged as a distinctive asset. This knack for dissecting intricate legal matters and coupling them into undisputable final judgments not only reflects my intellectual prowess but also enhances my overall productivity and expedites legal processes.”
-
“My natural ability to dig deeply into minute details and thoroughly examine multiple arguments arose as a distinct benefit as I navigated through challenging issues. This ability to examine complex legal issues and unite them into unarguable final judgements not only demonstrates my intellectual capacity, but it also increases my total productivity and speeds up legal processes. Being able to interpret intricate legal issues and arrive at precise solutions illustrates my knack for logical thinking and solid decision-making.”
-
“There have been times when my commitment to a case has been so strong that it has permeated every area of my being. The case becomes an intrinsic part of my thinking, using my head at all times. In such cases, any temporary respite from the case's grip is accompanied by a sense of loss, underscoring my persistent commitment to attaining the greatest possible result. When the case takes centre stage again, I get an uplifting sensation that renews my dedication and ignites a sense of purpose. This complicated dance between involvement and detachment leads me down a path of intellectual discovery and fulfilment, which I must say, I thoroughly enjoy.”

Extra:
Edited as of 08/07/2023 for increased finesse and detail. Also added a letter to the mayor.

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
PENDING

After discussion with the Higher Ups of the Government Faction, we have chosen to place you on pending:

Your application is well structured & written.

The character you are currently applying on is in a crime family, if you make a new character unrelated to this family please DM me on discord. @Zaldoria

If you've changed your mind please let me know!​

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
ACCEPTED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me on Discord, @Zaldoria to start the process and get you set !

Welcome to the Government Faction !

Users who are viewing this thread