Denied Judge | lustna's Application

lxvna

Level 8
lxvna
lxvna
Notable+
PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:

lustna (Adult Alt that I'm applying with)

lxvna (Main Account - College Student)

anxvl (Alt Account - Grade-7 Student)

Discord Tag:

@p.e.a

Do you have a working microphone?:

I do.

Timezone & Country:

Mexico and my timezone is EST (GMT-5), Eastern Standard Time.

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

(ACCEPTED)
Spanish Application #2

(ACCEPTED)
JSL Application

(ACCEPTED)

(ACCEPTED)

(DENIED)

Describe your activity on the server:

I would describe my activity within SRP as fairly active. Due to school being out, I’ve become busy with activities and family events which have increased my inactivity by a good amount. Now that school is coming back, I have less on my plate and I’m able to get on to play for at least an hour or so. I’m trying to find ways to keep my activity up and go back to how active I was before the summer, which is one of the many reasons why I’m applying to be a Judge.

If I were to rate my activity from 1 to 10, I would give myself an 8, simply because I have no reason or motivation to get on for a long time, though I do try to for at least 30 minutes a day.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

I'm applying for the Judge position.

What is your motivation for applying?:

My motivation to apply is due to the lack of playing, that being playing SRP in general, and playing on my alt account, which is the one I’m applying in. I want to take my character, Blake Everest, out of my “forgotten” list of characters. I know that applying to this job will push me to become more active on SRP and put my character out there and make something out of her.

Apart from my main reasons to motivate me, the position of Judge sounds extremely fun, I feel like I would have a good time playing this role and it can be a huge opportunity for me to learn more about what Law might be in the real world. Being a Lawyer is one of my many OOCLY dreams, and to have any sort of new knowledge about Law, or being in court…even if that knowledge might be from a Minecraft roleplay server, anything helps. Meeting people that might also share the same interests is very important to me, and knowing that that could be a possibility, is exciting. I believe that you never truly stop learning, so what better place to learn than on a roleplay server?

I’m a very nosy person, and pixel drama is such a fun thing to witness, being a Judge will bring all of that to my time in SRP, and that’s more than enough motivation for me!

All jokes aside, viewing SRP from a different perspective is intriguing and I want to know what it's like from the government part of it.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:

I do understand them and I have gone over and read all the laws and constitutions listed, and I know that with time I’ll be able to memorize them by heart.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:

OOC GOALS:
My personal goals within this role are to become more active and to try something I wouldn’t normally do, as said before, I will get to experience what it might be to be in a courtroom, and it could also help me understand things from a different perspective for my real life goals. I’m not saying I will ONLY use my knowledge from this role to live my life and rely on it, but I am saying that it could give me an idea of many. Since I’m still in school, this is the closest thing I could have to experiencing anything law related.

IC GOALS:
Whereas, my character’s goals with this role consist of successfully becoming the person she has dedicated most of her life to being. Being a Judge will pay off all those years of studying and learning. Not only would this benefit her career-wise and financially, but it will help her be exposed to people with the same life goals as her, as she will be surrounded by people like her. She will be able to find comfort in people that can relate to her. I believe that she has been hidden for far too long, and her being a Judge is a great start to making something of her. She has the potential to be something great, a great Judge.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:

A judge is an honorable person who makes the final decision in a court case. When in a trial, the judge has to listen wisely to everybody's side and evidence to make a rightful conviction. Judges provide instructions to juries before their rumination and in the case of bench trials, judges decide the facts of the case and make a ruling. They also facilitate negotiations and deals between opposing parties in a courtroom. Like any government role, Judges must use established laws and guidance to settle sentencing.

This role is a very important job, wrongful convictions, and bad reputations can sacrifice the job in an instant. Anybody who serves as a judge must be an overall good person and fair-minded. They must be able to make the community in which they serve, a better place legally and politically.

In other words, judges are responsible for sentencing convicted criminals Judges also can issue a document, a Warrant, that authorizes the KPD to take a citizen accused of a crime into custody.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:

Yes, I do acknowledge that I can be removed from this position at any given time.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:

I understand what I’m expected to do within this role and will follow through with these expectations.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:

I am aware that having any sort of OOC bias will result in punishment, but that will be no issue with me as I know to separate both OOC and IC from each other.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:

I have read and I do agree to follow the Government Faction rules.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:

I can attend weekly meetings and events.
If anything is to come up before one of these meetings/events I will be sure to make note of it and let it be known.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:

“My name is Blake Everest”

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):

“I would like to be referred to as Ms.”

Current age:

“Currently twenty-five years old.”

Date of birth:

“I was born on the 12th of May, 1998”

Female

Academic Degree:

Doctor of Juridical Science (S.J.D.)

Major(s):

Constitutional Law
Criminal Law

Minor(s):

Civil Liberties
Biology

Work experience:

“During my time in middle and high school, I was put in the debate club by my parents because it was the only club available and my parents wanted me to be active in something. As time went by I grew to love debate club and wondered where this could take me. I became more aware of politics, law school, and the different government roles you could be and I wanted to be a part of that. I became the club president and was able to expand my knowledge better.

Near the end of my high school years, I began to discover myself career-wise, actually looking at what I wanted to be, whether it was a Lawyer, Judge, or even Governor. Being the club leader, and having the experience of what a Lawyer does, Judge intrigued me more, as I had yet to learn about it. When the time came, I applied to Karakura’s community college as it was the most beneficial to me.

There, I was able to dedicate myself to Law topics and studies. My years in college only increased my passion to become a Judge. I went on to get my Doctor of Juridical along with my knowledge in Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Civil Liberties, and Biology. I was able to take all the information I had and became the intern of a lawyer for my last two school years, attend jury duty, and expand my work experience with that. After I graduated I decided to settle down for a bit and became a cashier at a local shop by the name of Mai-Yume.”

Political background:

“Politics in Karakura is not something I have a background with as I was always only focused on what school taught me and talked about. I was aware of one of our most well-known former Mayors, and I was in town to witness everything that went down, but after that I sort of just been away from that part of the government as I still had other factors to focus on for my education.

I know that the law is there for a reason, and I believe it should be followed to a fold and never broken or bent. I believe that despite stature, everyone should have a voice and say in what goes on in their prospective town, as they are the people and the voice of the city. However, in that light, it should be the role of the government workers such as lawyers, judges, and governors that take those opinions and use them for their final decision on what laws will get passed, and what will become an old suggestion found in a history book.”

Nationality & born location:

“I’m an English woman, born in York, England.”

Fluent languages (Underline your native):

English
Japanese

Criminal record:

“My reputation is important to me…I’ve dedicated my life to Law, of course, I don’t have a criminal record.”

What makes you a good candidate for this job?

“My knowledge and dedication to Law should speak for itself as to why I would be a good addition to this faction. I may be young, but it feels as though my life revolves around being a part of the government world. However, I’m a quick learner, which is something this job requires, whether it’s stated or not. I am also an extremely patient person which will help me in court cases and life in general because patience is not something a lot of people have.

I’ve been living in Karakura long enough to separate the good and bad people surrounding us, being someone that wasn’t brought into Karakura since birth might be viewed as a bad thing because I can come off as someone that doesn’t know Karakura, but it’s the complete opposite for me because I am the outsider that sees things from a completely different point of view. I can bring new ideas and open a door to this faction that can help us improve and grow as a whole. I’m confident in my ability to make fast and thoughtful decisions within the court.

Lastly, I would say I'm very skilled in communicating between different parties. Due to my experience as an intern and a former debate club leader, I'm able to voice my opinions as clearly as possible and dispute any sort of argument. I was not raised in a loud household, so it took a strong voice to get my own opinion across.”

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
DENIED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we have chosen to deny you:

Other applicants stood out more, we appreciate your application, and you can apply again at any point in the future.​

Users who are viewing this thread