juliiets
Omega+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
juliiets

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): julosplanet

Do you have a microphone?: Yes.

What is your time zone?: CST (GMT-6)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I do acknowledge and am aware of this fact.

Describe your activity on the server: I was previously inactive after returning from a hiatus, but I now play daily if possible.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-application.56234/ | Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-app.56507/ | Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-language-app.56611/ | Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.56788/ | Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-authorization.56792/ | Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.57348/ | Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/reporter-application-filmanya.57471/ | Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lawyer-application-filmanya.57482/ | Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/runningfromkan-surgeon-application.59469/ | Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/runningfromkan-french-application.60091/ | Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/shop-application-anrs.60328/ | Accepted

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): My primary character is a College Bachelor, and my secondary is in their sophomore year (Grade 10).

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
English

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: Karakura’s diversity. I’ve mentioned before how I adore the expansion of SRP’s universe, and having been in the Emergency and Shop factions before, I wished to apply for something new. Another motivation is to gain more knowledge and experience in working different careers around the server.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?: Yes, I do understand.

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?: Yes.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: The teacher class logs document a player’s opening, teaching, and concluding of a class. They’re important especially to the heads of department and SLT because it allows them to see how many classes one has opened and taught to determine their status/paycheck.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: First and foremost, respect. Not respecting the teacher or other classmates is one of the biggest and most mainstream rules in any classroom. It’s very important and has pretty severe consequences if constantly acted against.
Second, the typical no phones rule. It’s recommended for a student to keep it off, though I am aware most lean toward keeping it on silent. It's an important rule to enforce to keep a student focused and learning about the ongoing topic.
Third, the responsibility rule. This goes within many different aspects, beginning with silence. The classroom is meant to be a calm environment specifically for learning; students speaking will only deter that journey off of the path. Second, keeping students safe and in a decent environment. Students acting out, making others uncomfortable, and so forth wouldn't be permitted within a classroom.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I’ve roleplayed for years. Not necessarily in Minecraft, but I’ve been within communities where roleplaying has been vital. Through in-person as well as online methods, I’ve roleplayed all sorts of different kinds of games, different fandoms, different forms, and so forth. Most recently, of course, has been my roleplay on Minecraft. I’ve been within it since November 2022, spanning across different platforms but the mainstream of SchoolRP. Admittedly, most of what I’ve worked on or with has been very shallow compared to the in-depth experience I’ve received while being a player on SRP. It’s blossomed into an overall adoration of roleplay and motivates my activity on the server.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The HD is the teacher responsible for their specific branch of classes. There are heads of departments for each group of faculty, e.g. a Head English teacher who keeps track of the other teachers within their branch and is the one who most likely keeps the deans and chancellors updated on how their branch is doing.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: This is the third and semifinal stage of the teachers’ faction. What it means is, that a player with this tag has become an officially qualified teacher after a certain period and amount of classes. It’s the next level after being newly qualified.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: This is the second stage. This is where classrooms come to be, so the said NQT can now host classes using what they know, and also what comes after training sessions. It’s the first stage into being a qualified teacher, and the position to see how one’s doing in the field.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: This is the first position given to players after application acceptance. It’s the beginning stage of becoming a teacher, where one tests and trains to become a Newly Qualified Teacher. It’s the stage where the newly-made teacher learns what to do, how to host classes, and testing that overall. They do not have their classroom at this stage.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

My knowledge of teachers within SchoolRP consists as, as mentioned below, the lifeblood of the server. They're some of the most important people to exist within the server. They have such a specific, mainstream role that enlists their purpose both in and outside of the server. People can attend classes and learn information that stands within Karakura, or real-life events. They're like half of the veins that complete the embodiment of SchoolRP, with the professor's faction as the second half of that.

As for an NQT's salary, the base salary begins at 350,000 yen for the maximum quota of ten classes per month. QT's have a base salary of 400,000 yen. For every set of five classes completed on top of the ten to fill the quota, an extra 50,000 yen could be earned to fulfill a maximum of 500,000 yen per month.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: To be frank, it’s in the name. Karakura’s world is around Karakura High and Karakura’s college campus. Teachers are one branch of two that bring the school to life — the other being professors. They’re somewhat of the lifeblood of the school, not to mention the professors. They bring to life what was created, and have especially been essential to students around exam season. It’s the teachers and professors who bring the knowledge to the students for said exams.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW. That stands for “must have, should have, could have, won’t have.”

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?:
Santino Ashbourne is a 42-year-old with a pale complexion and auburn-colored hair. Despite his obvious older age, he’s a little new to society. Having awoken from a state of vegetation, his move from Spain back to Japan will require his relearning of the society that was once familiar to him. His calm, thoughtful, and thorough characteristics create a unique personality, especially contradicting the overall strict personalities of most teachers. While still an enforcer, Santino is especially unique for his sympathetic and empathetic nature. His view on his morals has always been at large, and extremely strict.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?: He appreciates both parties in major, specific ways. He looks at students as not just that, but also protégés and never would hesitate to be there if one of his students ever needed him for anything. His outreach and compassion for students reiterate his empathetic nature.
As for his co-workers, he appreciates each of them, especially those who are in his department. He sees everyone he works with as people he’s able to look at as role models and overall admirable people for what they contribute to the school.

What are their plans for the future?:
Santino’s future, as seen, is always at a spontaneous rate. His top priority is to remain in the world of education for a few years, whether he stays as a teacher or chooses to advance to being a professor. For now, his main focus/goal for his future is to become a respectable teacher, especially to those who might look up to him. He’s also got quite a large family

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Firstly, warn them of their language. It’s a small, though fairly strict warning. If they continue, then I’d warn them once again with further measures, such as detention. If they still proceed after that, then actually hand out said detention to those who continue on the offense.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: Find a way to grab their attention. First, a slow way to let them know to listen or to quiet down. If that doesn’t work, he’ll raise his voice to lower them down a notch, or simply just lure them back to the lesson with something further interesting about it.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: His calm nature would remain as it always does, but Santino would be further relaxed and civil with his co-workers. His time would be taken in the lounge to create a lesson plan, catch up on grades, or just sit to speak to whoever might be in there. He’d also use the time to check in with his kids or other people he’s familiar with.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me offered his students a warm smile. He spoke up with a firm, but kind voice. “Good morning. If you weren’t aware, I’m Mr. Santino Ashbourne. I’m one of the English teachers. You’re free to call me Mr. Ashbourne, Mr. A, or by my first name.” He stood at his desk, looking at all his students. He grabbed a pile of papers before moving around to the front of his desk. “For the first class, I’d like for you all to write a short story about your life as an ice-breaker.” He finished speaking, walking forward to pass out the papers to each student.
/me would quietly close his classroom’s doors behind him. Santino made his way to the front of the room, facing the crowd of students before him. He glanced down at the binder on his desk, flipping to a page to find the day’s lesson plan. He looked up at his students, quieting them down to speak about his lecture. “Morning, class. Today, we’re going to be focusing on the writing style of William Shakespeare… Can anyone else think of any famous writers from that era?”
/me would set up his laptop on his desk, looking over the top at his students. “Okay, everyone, grab your phones and open Kahoot. We’re playing a game today that’ll be counted for a grade. For the top three, there will also be rewards handed out, so do your best.” He looked back at his computer, setting up the game for his students. After a couple of minutes, he stood and turned around, grabbing something to write with. He wrote the code onto the board before turning and waiting to begin the game.
/me would take the remaining papers left as the bell rang. “Thank you for attending, class, you’ll be informed of your grades soon - keep an eye on the class board. For those of whom that receive a 90 or higher, you’ll be given a reward point.” Santino walked to the doors of his classroom, offering a kind, steady smile to his students. He opened the doors, dismissing his class. “Have a good rest of your day, and don’t forget that the story must go on.”

Backstory
Santino was born on May 1, 1981, in Valencia, Spain, to Rafael Fernandez and Lori Ashbourne. His father, a lieutenant in the Guardia Real, died prematurely in 1988 due to an accident involving his line of duty. Being the oldest of three at only seven years old, Santino did all that he could to help his widowed mother take care of his four and two-year-old siblings. By the time he entered his teenage years, he was at the top of his class, an athlete, and the student body president. He graduated in 1999, 15 days after his 18th birthday.

As he entered college, he began to plot his five-year plan. He was going to get through medical school and graduate to become a surgeon. He also planned to minor in business due to the career he had managing his mother’s floral shop. He planned to move to Japan by the time he was 26 to work as a surgeon, having learned Japanese at a young age and wishing to move there.

His plan was going just as he hoped until he met Janet Sinclair, a beautiful foreign exchange student two years his junior. They quickly hit it off and were married in his fourth - and her second - year of college. Quickly following, Janet found out she was pregnant with a set of twins, a boy and a girl that would come to be named Sekani and Satori. He cut out of college for a semester through the summer to take care of his children while Janet remained in college.

He wouldn’t have changed what occurred for the world, especially since he went back that fall and continued and receive his degrees in medicine and business. By now, he was 27 with six kids; three fostered - later adopted - and his younger three, Sekani, Satori, and Ethan. When he was 29 and Janet was 27, the two entered into a messy divorce. Split custody fell between the two, and Santino used the divorce to his advantage.

He moved to Japan, first to Kyoto, where he worked as a surgeon for six years. He was transferred to Karakura at the age of 36, where he worked another year as a surgeon. This lasted for a year, to the age of 37. During his work as a surgeon, he also met his then-girlfriend, Kure Kaseya. He decided to leave that job and opened a shop using his business degree within six months, which he called Kansai.

He never got to see the opening (and eventual closing) of Kansai. He went to Spain for about a week, of which he got into a freak accident. This left him in a vegetative state, comatose for the next several years. Thought to be deceased by everyone, his shop was handed to his close friend, Dakari Altaha, and his family went on in life with the weight of his “death.”

Within those years, Santino - much to the surprise of everybody - awoke from the coma he had been in. Having to readjust to society, he moved from Spain to Japan, where he re-entered college online. He remained in Tokyo for several months, studying and getting his degrees in English and Education. His daughter hatched the idea for Santino to return to Karakura, which he was convinced to do. He decided from there to apply to Karakura’s high school as an English teacher, planning to teach and readjust to living there once again.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Santino Fernandez-Ashbourne
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Ashbourne
Given Name(s): Fernandez-Ashbourne
Preferred Name: Santino

Age (Minimum is 25): 42
Religious Denomination: Catholic
Marital Status: Single, Divorced

Nationality: Spanish
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Master’s
Year of Graduation: 1999 [HS], 2005 [College}
Major(s): Medicine, Education (recent)
Minors: Business, English

Native Languages: Spanish
Other Languages: Russian, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: CELTA.

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application: N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread