KA Dragging Permissions

Mxxkie

Level 155
Mxxkie
Mxxkie
Omega
IGN: Mxxkie

DATE: 8/4/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: This suggestion relates more to the Karakura Academics Discord, but allowing Captains/Presidents to drag people to their respective voice chats.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
After doing some surveying, I found that many captains find it cumbersome to have to ping SLT every single time they want someone dragged to a voice chat. Furthermore, it must be taxing on SLT members to have to respond to each of these pings along with all their other duties. By introducing a new role to allow these permissions of dragging people to select voice chats, hopefully this issue will be resolved. Captains and Presidents should be notable, trustworthy members of the community, allowing a bit more trust by granting these sorts of permissions to them could go a long way!

jugheads

Level 6
jugheads
jugheads
Notable
Or removing someone from the voicechat, which also takes a decent bit of time if they won't listen!

MuziekAapje

Level 11
I don't see why not, it's honestly kinda cringe to have to bother SLT every time you want to add/remove someone from a VC.

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
They already have this within the official Bobcat discord (unsure about Spartans, as I don't play college characters,) so it makes enough sense to me for this change to be made. The only difference is that Academics is for a larger range of people, meaning it should be more serious and professional; from the perspective of the owners I could understand how it could potentially be used irresponsibly by non-staff members with these permissions, but overall it would make life easier for group leaders who'd like to speak with both players in and outside of their group (without the potential of randoms joining.)

xBonnie

Level 69
Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+
+1

I would find this very useful for routine based practices when I need people to fill in for members of my team who can't make it.

NoZinth

Level 194
Administrator
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
I have no involvement with sports teams, but when I was part of the school council assembly we weren't able to grab staff to drag me over into a vc, I wholeheartedly support this idea! they're well founded members of the community :D

+1

FancyLyricz

Level 3
+1

I absolutely agree this would be 100% beneficial for multiple reasons. I believe all captains or leaders should be mature and responsible enough to not abuse drag perms so that shouldn't be an issue. One major problem I think this would help in is when I had a private tryout but after I accepted them they didn't receive their role for like 3 days. Being able to just drag in accepted members would make it so much less complicated and quicker as well!

Demurity

Level 35
+1 like bonnie said good for fills so i don't have to ping every SLT and their mother

adding on to this, i think it would be nice for captains to have pin permissions for their respective channels. please please please i need to clean college cheer pins

Users who are viewing this thread