kamcold | Reporter Application

-kam

Level 76
kamcold reporter application!.png
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

kamcold

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:

Yes i own discord and a microphone, i should be able to join vc's when available. My username on discord in mckamsym.

List your timezone and country:

I live in England and my timezone is GMT.

Describe your activity:

Since December 27, 2022, my engagement with SchoolRP has been consistent, with an average dedication of approximately 4 to 5 hours daily. It's worth noting that my participation is subject to variations based on my school timetable. To offer a clearer representation of my online availability in GMT, I've provided a table detailing the specific times during which you can expect to find me on the server.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thurday Friday Saturday Sunday
3pm-7pm 3pm-7pm 4pm-7pm 3pm-7pm 3pm-8pm 10am-7pm 10am-7pm
As represented, school limits my time on the server but i still try to withhold at least 2 hours a day online.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

None i would class as significant, i just believe that it was competition and a lack of detail of my time that lead to the decline.

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:

One of my primary motivations for pursuing the Reporter role in SchoolRP stems from my deep-seated desire to share my writing with a wider audience. Currently employed as a writer on tailoring services, a field I am passionate about, I have found immense joy and fulfillment in expressing myself through words. This passion for writing extends seamlessly into my experiences in SchoolRP, where I've discovered that it not only adds an element of enjoyment but also allows me to infuse intricate details into even the smallest of situations.
The prospect of the Reporter role presents an exciting avenue for me to delve into the events unfolding around Karakura. If given the opportunity, I aim to craft compelling and fascinating stories that captivate the interest of those within the community. This role isn't just about personal satisfaction; it's about contributing meaningfully to the faction community. I'm committed to utilizing this role to its fullest potential, ensuring that I am an active and engaged member rather than a passive observer on the sidelines. By doing so, I believe I can enhance my own writing skills and contribute positively to the vibrant narrative of Karakura.

While my faction history may not be extensive, I believe selecting me as a reporter would provide a fresh perspective and an opportunity to showcase my capabilities. I bring to the table a set of passions that align seamlessly with the reporting role, including a love for writing, a knack for engaging in conversations, and an innate curiosity about people and their opinions. These qualities form a solid foundation for effective reporting, as I understand the importance of not just observing events but also capturing the nuances of people's experiences.
Joining the reporter faction holds a special appeal for me as it serves as an ideal introduction to the world of factions. It's not just a role; it's a chance to immerse myself in a dynamic environment, learn about the intricate workings of the server, and contribute in ways that go beyond the scope of being a grade 12 or a college student. I see this opportunity as a stepping stone, a valuable experience that could potentially pave the way for future engagements with different factions. Joining the reporter faction is not merely a dip in the water; it's a deliberate and enthusiastic exploration of the multifaceted aspects that factions offer.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing
?:

Yes, i rather enjoy writing and you can find my writing profile on many tailoring servers such as Misfits and FJ! I have been writing like this since March of 2023. I am experienced in my field and i believe that i provide a beneficial service to those who buy from me. My relationship with writing? Well i find it almost as a relaxation method, a way for me to find fun in this. I like to write and i enjoy doing it, an opportunity to get paid and be an adult while doing so? I wish to take that.
Out Of Character and out of SchoolRP I'm part of a debate club and i often write main scripts and notes for the rest of the team to follow as i am the lead. This helps with being able to make summaries yet deliver detail and important points in the process. If we follow the thought of school, my average grade during exams run through 8s-9s in Britain or what would come to an 4.0 GPA in American Schooling or As. This runs especially through my writing and creative writing as it is simply what i do best.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:

Yes, i am. These rules are here for a reason so the best thing i can do is follow them almost religiously.

Why should we accept you over others?:

Dedication and time on the server. As previously stated, i have spent around a year on this server and i really do not plan on leaving any time soon. I will log onto this server a minimum of once a day for at least an hour. This will very much lead to a large amount of activity in the faction benefiting it and giving it a better reputation than it already has. (not saying it has a bad one currently). To add to this, i just have a strong passion for writing and what i do. I really want to be the one to write reports that genuienly make the audience go "Damn.. that was an enjoyable read". Not the one you see upload in the discord channel or come up in your chat and you think "Oh of course hes done it again". Nothing drives me more than the idea of getting a good, enjoyable report out to the people of Karakura.

Even when I'm not writing reports I tend to act mostly professional (why be a robotic person all the time?). You will mostly see me detailing each act that I do and assuring that every act and message is executed extremely detailed. My vocabulary is quite advanced and i tend to use that skill quite a bit.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.):

Yes. I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of this type of situation so there is no need for me to deliver it.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:

Yes, my free time is very much open. Being an active player in my time on should not be hard.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:

To write as a reporter is genuinely something that i find intriguing. It's the ability to see any situation that may grab the audiences attention and being able to make that your own story and giving it to those of Karakura. We write articles, reports and take interviews.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:

Jun would extend his hand in a polite manner

"The name is Jun Amano"

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr):

"I much prefer to be called Mr."

Current Age (25+):

Jun took a moment, counting along his fingers

"I am currently 28!"

Past job/work experience:

"I do not have any past jobs and i wish to see this as a great first step."

Degree/qualifications:

"I have a dual degree in Political Science and Journalism!"

Nationality and born location:

"Japanese heritage, born and raised in Great Britain!"

Phone Number: 030-

"705-2353"

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:

Jun would think for a moment, taking a deep breath as he cracked his knuckles thoughtfully..

"Well if I'm putting it simply.. I do think that i am quite independent and a solo-worker. But i can thrive quite well in social atmospheres. I enjoy my time alone when I'm writing but pretty much at any other time i will be hanging around with friends and family. Personality wise..? I believe that i'm quite confident in my abilities to delivered my work and i will stand by that with any means necessary. I value myself though and my work so i will take any constructive criticism and take that advice."

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:

"My primary passion lies in writing about the darker, criminal aspects of the server. While I assure that my reports will remain balanced and unbiased, my main focus will be on capturing the intricacies of criminal activities and the conflicts that arise within the underworld. For instance, if there's a clash between two gangs or any criminal factions, I would swiftly turn that into a compelling report, hoping to shed light on the intense narratives unfolding."

"However, I am more than willing to step out of my comfort zone and cover a variety of topics if the criminal scene is relatively quiet. This flexibility ensures that I can meet any monthly quota while delivering reports that the audience finds engaging "and worthwhile. As a reporter, I understand that diversity in content is key, and I'm prepared to explore various facets of Karakura beyond just the criminal landscape.

"Regarding information collection, my approach is straightforward. I actively navigate areas where events commonly unfold, with a keen focus on places like Plaza and Powerplant. These spaces often serve as hotbeds for activities, allowing me to gather firsthand information and deliver detailed, captivating reports to the audience. "

What are your expectations for the job?:

"I think i have balanced expectations. I expect to be part of a team that every bit that i put in i get equal output back to me. I wish to write detailed, fantastic reports and to be given recognition and payment back. As well as this, i reckon that this job would be more than just writing stories and articles.. I believe that its making sure that you write not only a report that is true and factual, but one that people would enjoy spending time reading. You truly have to build up every single piece of fact, because if you mess up, its completely on your head. As well as this i wish to develop and create my own style of writing. Take songs for example! You will only enjoy a mans music if it is different than other songs. If they all sound the same its robotic and almost a dread to hear. My writing should be like creating an album of music. Each article will have the same sort of atmosphere and style but they will talk about different topics and use different structures."

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:

"Not at all, clean as a bar of soap! I can guarantee it will stay that way as well sir!"

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):

"Japanese, Korean, JSL"

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

schoolsout.jpg

So we stumble upon a school day once again. We encounter the routine of adults waiting patiently at the front gates whilst our young adolescents run around causing trouble or sit intently listening to each teachers word as they listen sharply. A place of safety right?

But whats this?

A large bang was heard at roughly 9:30am around the football field. Upon close investigation teachers and students would rush to the sound. Pilling over each-other as if it was free burgers at a restaurant.

Of course you would ask, just what was happening at this chaos?

In today's case, a college student had snuck fireworks into the school yard and was setting them off towards buildings and students around. Among all the chaos a safety barrier was built and teachers would exclaim for the students to back away.

The vice-principal would then call all students to the gymnasium. Now, from here all i know is hearsay but it was heard that the student was put under serious punishment. Swiftly after the calling, students would pile out of the front gates yelling that the school was out today!

So if you are still in those gates on this day, then guess what mate? You're free to leave!

That is my little update for you all completed. I thank you all for reading and i hope to see you next time!

Do you have something you'd like to report or be reported on?

Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487) or feel free to message me privately at (030)-705-2353). Or message us on Onrain @KaNews

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

kamcold_3.jpg

[!] A VHS Tape sound would be heard as the clip started, before the screen would be Jun stood with another individual [!]

[Jun]:
"Good evening all! I am stood here with an individual who has reported watching a mugging at powerplant and sadly got assaulted in the process. Hello Yujiro!"

[Yujiro]: "Hey Jun.."

[Jun]: "Now do tell us, Yujiro, what lead to you even being in powerplant in the first place? Surely it had to be some form of misconception right?"

[Yujiro]: "Well its quite simple really, i was walking over to the Zen Garden and i heard what sounded like metal hitting a hard surface, intrigued i guess i just kind of wandered in. Obviously now i shouldn't have but it was just correct in the moment"

[Jun]: "Alright.. what happened as you entered?"

[Yujiro]: The male took a moment as he took a deep breath in almost hesitant "Well it happened rather quickly. I witnessed the murder as each man stood in complete blackout and ballistic masks. Not to my surprise one stood with a metal bat to who seemed like an innocent teenagers."

[Jun]: "A metal bat? Surely you should have walked out at that point right? Well what happened after that?"

[Yujiro]: "It happened so fast.. He just lunged towards the male with what seemed like a maniacal laugh as he delivered the final blow.. The poor man was just left there."

[Jun]: "How did you feel at this moment in time? I mean this had to have been some emotional side-effect upon you."

[Yujiro]: "Well.. scared for one. It was almost like i was frozen in time and it was like it was a movie! It didnt seem like it was right.."

[Jun]: "I see... Do you have any context on the actual conflict? Surely there was some form of reason behind this morbid attack."

[Yujiro]: "God i wish, i really do wish, but to be frankly honest with you i just believe it was some greedy gang members wishing for more cash to there stash."

[Jun]: "Brave statement sir! Now.. what happened after this?"

[Yujiro]: "Thank you man. After? Well heres where some action happens.. I sadly get caught in a moment of bliss and angrily charge to the male.. Stupid decision i know but it just felt right."

[Jun]: "Well- what happened then?"

[Yujiro]: "Well everything that you put in must come back right? So after i lunged towards him i held me in a choke-hold and ordered for me to give him 5k"

[Jun]: "Thats terrifying! Do you still have these choke marks on you?"

[Yujiro]: "Yes" The male would tilt his head as large bruising and fingernail marks were shown along his neck as well as this a large bruise would be shown on the back of the males head with strange nail markings..

A faint sound of a polariod camera would be heard

[Jun]:
"Wait- how did you manage to get these marks here?"

[Yujiro]: "I'm honestly unsure, i somehow passed out and woke up with that 5k gone.."

[Jun]: "Well that just wont go will it?"

The faint sound of a wallet being opened and 5k being taken out

"Are you safe now? Or do you think that you will be a target? I mean clearly this is something you wont forget!"

[Yujiro]: "I believe I'm safe as i will now walk around equipped with my bat. Uh- Baseball! Baseball bat!"

[Jun]: "Well, ladies and gentlemen and all of you in between. I'm afraid we are gonna have to cut it there! Thanks for watching and tuning in."

[Yujiro]: "I very much appreciate you having me on this show tonight, thanks for having me."

[OOC]

Additional Information: I am very much working on interviews as they are not my strong point.

Last edited:

Aania

Level 168
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however, you have not been accepted this time around.
Please DM @ aania on Discord if you have any queries about the application

You may re-apply whenever!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread