mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

KARAKURA News | A Better Understanding of Magic and Spirits!

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega

There’s always that one topic where everyone either believes it or doesn’t. This is one of them. Magic. I took the opportunity to talk to a priest at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery to learn if magic really exists, along with the spirits. Do you believe in magic?

[!] A transcript would be down below. [!]
Oda: “A shinkan priest at Shinsei Seinaru Monastery has taken their time today to give us a better understanding about magic in Karakura. Sho, you claim magic isn’t technically real. So how could you explain it then?”
Sho: “I’m unsure what “it” there is to explain, but as far as spirits go, there are gods who created everything. The world within it isn’t magical, but instead, the gods themselves who are powerful creatures with their own physics. This is because there are many, MANY realms in the universe, and I assume the physics within each one differs, which is how creatures from other realms may behave differently. The gods soon gave birth to smaller gods, who gave birth to spirits, and other spirits gave birth to more spirits. When a creature dies, they go to Yomi, the realm of the dead. If you manage to avoid the yomi after death, you maintain the physics of the yomi as a spirit but are not actually in the realm of the yomi. Basically, different realms have different laws to them, and creatures of different realms have to obey the scientific laws of their own respective realm, rather than the one they are currently in. That allows spirits to be so powerful even in our realm. Though this is not confirmed and only ideas from me solidified by pieces of information given by spirits. That’s how I like to interpret it. I’d add a disclaimer that this is all theoretical. The only thing that can be confirmed is that in the beginning, there were gods. Beings are made by them, and so are spirits. Different realms exist for different purposes or even just for creation’s sake.”

Oda: “Do you think if these gods weren’t powerful enough with their physics could spirits not be born? Since this is all theoretical if the yomi didn’t exist would you think evil spirits wouldn’t exist?”

Sho: “If the gods weren’t powerful enough to create, then the Big Bang would never have commenced, either. According to Kitsa, an old and powerful kitsune.”
Oda: “Again, being theoretical here. Could someone potentially create a new realm of their own? I’m not talking god wise I’m talking about an actual being. If they had some sort of way to do it, could it be possible. Such as figuring out the correct physics and scientific laws.”
Sho: “I doubt it. There is a different kind of power than just energy and electricity that spirits have that I cannot explain for you. I doubt any technology would enable others to create universes even if we had the knowledge or imagination to conceptualize one.”
Oda: “So if magic isn’t technically real. What would you call it then? Supernatural? Or just all theories related to science?”
Sho: “I don’t think there’s a science in them, though it does have its reasoning and laws behind it. Some parts of their abilities have trends that can be explained, but other parts of their abilities are so unique and unquantifiable that it cannot be called science. When I hear magic, I think of wizardry or powers. They aren’t superheroes, they’re creatures not limited the same way we are. Think of it like they have different properties to their composition. They don’t have physical bodies like us, though some are able to be touched or create a form that can be touched, and yet they are sentient and behave like intelligent creatures without needing a brain. This is the soul. Ninetail fox kitsunes, for instance, have nine souls. Every creature has a soul, spirit or not. Whatever spirits are truly made of, it is not physical, but that does not make it magic. We can touch spirits with things like blessed water and omamoris even though they are physical objects. They are creatures, like us, but are made differently. This is not magic, but it’s not something with trends and laws to it like science.”

Oda: “How interesting! Is there anything else you’d like to share today that hasn’t been asked?”

Sho: “Nothing in particular, no!”

What’s your thoughts and theories on this Karakura? Feel free to share your thoughts, I’m sure we’d all love to hear them. This is Oda Watanabe at Karakura News.
Have a topic or a report you’d like to give us? You can contact us using the hotline at (020) 980-4487. Visit our Onrain @KANews!

Users who are viewing this thread